Notifications
Clear all

Potential visit to Dr. Weiner

MemberMember
(@kristinecarr08gmail-com)

Posted : 03/07/2020 10:16 am

Hi! I am a 30 year old female who has suffered from acne up until about 5 years ago. Thank goodness for Accutane!! 

Post Accutane, I have done 3 fraxel treatments and 3 microneedling treatments (at a spa so not sure how good it was?). I™ve seen no real improvement in my scarring over the years. 

I reached out to dr weiner in Florida and sent pictures in. He suggested the following: 

These scars require several treatments 3-5
I would recommend:
Subcision
TCA Cross
Genius
Filler - probably Refyne

My concern is not seeing any results again. It™s a lot of money to dump into fixing this face so I was wondering if anyone has any feedback on this treatment plan. 

D29D37B8-7BC8-488C-872E-B80B0F4DF606.jpeg

5B082766-C68A-4388-B065-BC56C0B008E4.jpeg

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 03/07/2020 10:42 am

There's pretty much no chance you will see a 0% improvement. You will see results, thinking otherwise is ungrounded.

You did laser resurfacing first, which is out of order. Finish off with resurfacing. Microneedling is outdated and in no way comparable to the recommended treatment list you have. It's a maintenance treatment at best. RF microneedling and standard microneedling should never be lumped into the same category, it's drastically different treatments.

I know for me, my quality of life was dwindled by my scars. You dump that money into your face as an investment. The return is the invaluable better quality of life, more confidence, better social opportunities, even better employment opportunities where you see actual cash return on investment. There's no question in my view.

All these treatments take time. You need the patience, but the results will come. It's up to you.

hsd87 liked
MemberMember

Posted : 03/07/2020 12:38 pm

1 hour ago, Kay24 said:

There's pretty much no chance you will see a 0% improvement. You will see results, thinking otherwise is ungrounded.

You did laser resurfacing first, which is out of order. Finish off with resurfacing. Microneedling is outdated and in no way comparable to the recommended treatment list you have. It's a maintenance treatment at best. RF microneedling and standard microneedling should never be lumped into the same category, it's drastically different treatments.

I know for me, my quality of life was dwindled by my scars. You dump that money into your face as an investment. The return is the invaluable better quality of life, more confidence, better social opportunities, even better employment opportunities where you see actual cash return on investment. There's no question in my view.

All these treatments take time. You need the patience, but the results will come. It's up to you.

It sounds awful having no confidence in this treatment, I know. But my self confidence is so low with this scarring and Im just so worried I wont see improvements.

my scarring is literally the WORST case to me. Its all I see. I, of course and clearly, did not go to doctors who knew what they were talking about. They pretty much told me Fraxel was my only option so thats why I did it.

MemberMember
(@superburrito)

Posted : 03/07/2020 12:47 pm

Subcision and Crosswill have the most benefit for you, because of the rolling scars. So you might start with that and see how it goes before Genius and fillers. Thatshould significantly reduce the initial financial investment.

Dr Weiner and his staff are great and very personable.

MemberMember

Posted : 03/07/2020 1:02 pm

14 minutes ago, superburrito said:

Subcision and Crosswill have the most benefit for you, because of the rolling scars. So you might start with that and see how it goes before Genius and fillers. Thatshould significantly reduce the initial financial investment.

Dr Weiner and his staff are great and very personable.

From what Ive read, it seems that TCA cross is most effective on ice pick and box car scars. How effective is it for rolling scars?

MemberMember
(@superburrito)

Posted : 03/07/2020 1:05 pm

@Kristineellen, you also have boxcar scars in your pics. Was typing quickly and should have added that in my prior post.

MemberMember

Posted : 03/07/2020 1:22 pm

15 minutes ago, superburrito said:

@Kristineellen, you also have boxcar scars in your pics. Was typing quickly and should have added that in my prior post.

Ok awesome! I guess I should ask him what the cost would be for just those two treatments. I think the overall price he offered me was very fair, but a bit steep for me right now. But not gonna lie, Im so willing to do it if I can see results.

MemberMember
(@superburrito)

Posted : 03/07/2020 5:58 pm

@KristineellenI found his pricing overall to be pretty fair, and I was happy to travel to Florida to see him.

MemberMember
(@joeysk)

Posted : 03/07/2020 7:53 pm

Wiener is a top doc and you are in good hands. He is a Bellafill guy so he will push the more expensive and riskier product on patients but you cannot get injected without an allergy test first and that takes 4 weeks. I would go against Bellafill but that is totally up to you. Most fillers are long lasting up to 12 mo from what I heard I personally prefer sculptra as it's natural looking and long lasting.Other than that TCA cross, subcison, infini are going to be great for you. I would prefer phenol cross over TCA as lower chance of scar widening i had over 100 painted spots and only saw 1 widen.

MemberMember

Posted : 03/07/2020 8:57 pm

1 hour ago, joeysk said:

Wiener is a top doc and you are in good hands. He is a Bellafill guy so he will push the more expensive and riskier product on patients but you cannot get injected without an allergy test first and that takes 4 weeks. I would go against Bellafill but that is totally up to you. Most fillers are long lasting up to 12 mo from what I heard I personally prefer sculptra as it's natural looking and long lasting.Other than that TCA cross, subcison, infini are going to be great for you. I would prefer phenol cross over TCA as lower chance of scar widening i had over 100 painted spots and only saw 1 widen.

What percentage did you see in improvement with your scars? Im not sure what to anticipate if I move forward

MemberMember
(@uruguay)

Posted : 03/08/2020 1:11 am

11 hours ago, Kristineellen said:

Ok awesome! I guess I should ask him what the cost would be for just those two treatments. I think the overall price he offered me was very fair, but a bit steep for me right now. But not gonna lie, Im so willing to do it if I can see results.

What price did he offer you?'

MemberMember
(@urbanite)

Posted : 03/08/2020 3:44 am

I saw this at youtube:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=115&v=E1AExHaVzuM&feature=emb_logo

He seems competent.

MemberMember

Posted : 03/08/2020 9:00 am

7 hours ago, Uruguay said:

What price did he offer you?'

He estimated between $2500-3500 with the last treatment most likely cheaper. He said he would have a better price once he saw my face in person.

MemberMember
(@joeysk)

Posted : 03/08/2020 5:45 pm

20 hours ago, Kristineellen said:

What percentage did you see in improvement with your scars? Im not sure what to anticipate if I move forward

I did not go to Weiner but went to regular doctors I sourced on my own and I had 50% improvement over 9 months . Still treating once a month for the next at least 8 months. I did Subcision + suction3 times, Phenol Cross 3 times, Infini once, and ~2.5 vials of sculptra injected over 3 sessions. My goal is 80% this year.

MemberMember

Posted : 03/09/2020 1:08 pm

19 hours ago, joeysk said:

I did not go to Weiner but went to regular doctors I sourced on my own and I had 50% improvement over 9 months . Still treating once a month for the next at least 8 months. I did Subcision + suction3 times, Phenol Cross 3 times, Infini once, and ~2.5 vials of sculptra injected over 3 sessions. My goal is 80% this year.

So you think it is definitely worth it??

MemberMember
(@joeysk)

Posted : 03/09/2020 6:03 pm

4 hours ago, Kristineellen said:

So you think it is definitely worth it??

yes.

MemberMember
(@mp28)

Posted : 03/09/2020 7:01 pm

On 3/8/2020 at 5:45 PM, joeysk said:

What are you planning ondoing every month? Id assume nothing major since youre treating once a month?

MemberMember
(@joeysk)

Posted : 03/09/2020 10:55 pm

3 hours ago, MP28 said:

What are you planning ondoing every month? Id assume nothing major since youre treating once a month?

alternated cross and subcisionmonths, then sculptra and infini months. You can do treatments monthly as long as it's not the same kind of treatment. That's not even considered aggressive.

MemberMember
(@mp28)

Posted : 03/09/2020 11:51 pm

57 minutes ago, joeysk said:

alternated cross and subcisionmonths, then sculptra and infini months. You can do treatments monthly as long as it's not the same kind of treatment. That's not even considered aggressive.

So sculptra and infini in one session? Sculptradoesnt have the big risk to look bad than like other fillers right? Just volume/collagen boost? My scars are in my forehead but Id really like to try that combo. Im hoping I can also do subcision with sculptranext time I can go to Dr. Rullan

MemberMember
(@jkatakozinos1gmail-com)

Posted : 06/30/2020 9:07 pm

@Kristineellen How were you able to talk to Weiner 1 on 1 before a consult?