Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
goolittle

scar revision, what do you recommend?

I've only had one micro needling session and I'm unsure if that's even the right treatment. What would you suggest?

IMG_A37D94D2E2BD-1.jpeg

IMG_3C8DE56BA6B1-1.jpeg

Posted (edited)

Some of my scarring is similar and Cannula subcision with ha spot filler was recommended to me and I’ve had good results so far! I was recommended subcision 3-8 times and so far have only done 3. The subcision breaks the tethering of acne scars and the spot filler allows for it to not re-tether right away, and for your own collagen to hopefully build back up with time. After the skin is leveled I would try rf microneedling like infini/genius. 

Edited by hlp334

Your scars are quite shallow. I would say at least 5 sessions of RF microneedling will have pretty good results. Also, give time for collagen to grow.

most of them are fairly new (Almost 6. months now). Do you think they might improve? speaking in terms of texture.

7 hours ago, goolittle said:

most of them are fairly new (Almost 6. months now). Do you think they might improve? speaking in terms of texture.

Yes, six months old scars are very young. There is a high chance there will be improvement.