Notifications
Clear all

Natural remedies for excess testosterone?

MemberMember
(@arianapianomusicgmail-com)

Posted : 02/27/2020 4:36 pm

Just started doxy and retin-a...I really dont want to go on spiro yet, I want to see how the doxy and retinoids work first. Was wondering if anybody had natural ways to combat testosterone? Perhaps vitamins? Herbs? Ive heard zinc is good...

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 03/24/2020 7:14 pm

I have been using the "happy healthy hippie- go with the flow". It's a herbal hormone balancer. Took about 2 mo to start workingand my acne got worse before it got better. It hasblack cohosh, chasteberry, maca and dong quai in it.

MemberMember
(@jlcampi)

Posted : 07/19/2020 9:42 pm

If you are female, the most natural way to combat excess testosterone is estradiol. There are other medications that will do this however; the results will not be a balanced system. Unless you are experiencing hirsutism, deepening of your voice and genital changes, it;s unlikely your testosterone is too high. In fact elevated T will provide many benefits. If you are taking a synthetic progesterone, it will amplify the effects of testosterone. Also, Many women experience acne from elevated DHEA. This androgen is released with cortisol. So, if you are under more stress than usual, you may also be getting a bit too much dhea.

MemberMember
(@nouchka98)

Posted : 07/20/2020 10:51 am

Are you really sure that you have excess testosterone?Having acne does not always mean you have it in excess, sometimes it is just that your sebaceous glands reactmore than usual to normal amount oftestosterone. Generally speaking, excess testosterone in the body is often linked with external indicators but the best and safest way is to check with your doctor. If that's the case you can try spearmint supplements or tea. There are a few promising studies about this but everything in moderation.

MemberMember
(@jlcampi)

Posted : 07/21/2020 3:17 am

In this context I am referring to more than you had when not experiencing the symptoms of acne. With few exceptions that are not applicable to most, acne is caused by an increase in free testosterone.

It's quite easy to prove this. We simply look for cases of acne in populations where testosterone is very low. For example prepubescents and the elderly. Here I am referring to the vast majority that equate to statistical significance.

As a side note, I was not referring to myself, but those in general. If you read my post carefully you will note that I also questioned if testosterone was elevated above the norm.

MemberMember
(@tailzu222gmail-com)

Posted : 09/17/2020 6:17 am

hey are u sure its testosterone that causing acne? how to know that?