Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I (like a hundred other people on this board) just cannot stand my face anylonger. I'm sorry for another boo-hoo for me thread, but I really need advice. SA, even a mild .5% formula, makes my skin dry and unbearably tight. BP makes it burn, even redder than normal, and itchy. I went to the derm about two years ago and got Differin and Finevin (azalaic acid). These products dried out my face even worse! My parents won't let me take any kind of pill whatsoever.

Is there anything anyone can tell me? My skin is mostly red and inflamed on my cheeks, chin, and forehead. I'm not positive, but I think my skin is easily but drys out extremely easily. I also get bumps, worst on the side of my face/on the lower corner of my eyes, and sometimes small ones on my forehead and corners of my chin.

I'm so desperate.......

I (like a hundred other people on this board) just cannot stand my face anylonger. I'm sorry for another boo-hoo for me thread, but I really need advice. SA, even a mild .5% formula, makes my skin dry and unbearably tight. BP makes it burn, even redder than normal, and itchy. I went to the derm about two years ago and got Differin and Finevin (azalaic acid). These products dried out my face even worse! My parents won't let me take any kind of pill whatsoever.

Is there anything anyone can tell me? My skin is mostly red and inflamed on my cheeks, chin, and forehead. I'm not positive, but I think my skin is easily but drys out extremely easily. I also get bumps, worst on the side of my face/on the lower corner of my eyes, and sometimes small ones on my forehead and corners of my chin.

I'm so desperate.......

Give the Tea Tree Oil Regimen a shot, grab 100% aloe vera gel use it as your moisturizer and the baking soda trick and see if you get any results.

You can get all three product for under 10 bucks.

I bought my aloe vera gel at walmart for about 4 dollars

TTO for about 8.50 but the bars are about 4 dollars

and baking soda is dirt cheap.

If needed too you can use a SA and us the Aloe Vera Gel right after that to reduce the "skin dry and unbearably tight" effect you are getting from it..

I don't know if this will help you, since different things seem to work for different people but I've noticed that since I've drastically reduced my use of SA and BP my face has actually started to clear up. When I do use SA my face also gets really red and tight and actually makes my acne look a lot worse. Lately, I've just been using Spectro Jel face wash, a toner which contains a little bit of SA every other night, and neutrogena moisturizer and for once my face is looking clearer. I am 22 years old and have been struggling with acne since I was 18.

Try this:

Apply a generous amount of moisturizer at night (I use Eucerin Original), and then apply a generous amount of 100 percent Aloe Vera Gel (I use Fruit of the Earth) over that. This has helped keep my skin moisturized quite well, considering I am on Botchla's regimen and my skin gets dry pretty easily. I only apply a little moisturizer during the day.

I had bad reactions to BP and Glycolic Acid so I came up with new kinder routine. See my postl BP FREE ACID FREE SKIN CARE - ZIT FREE. That's how I cleared my acne. I started it little more than 3 weeks ago and I'm zit free about 1 wk. Maybe that can help you. It's kinder and gentler to your skin. If you have severe acne you may want to leave the MOM mask on over night every night but read the whole face routine. Also read the hair routine as that my help. You don't have to eat what I ate but I posted that too. Good Luck. I wish you success.

Also for the inflammation buy Aveeno 1% hydrocortisone cream and use it as a moisturizer twice a day for 3-5 days. It should clear up the irritation. That's what I used for my face which was extremely irritated and burning from the Acid. My routine is not based on harsh ingredients and it works. It's on the board BP FREE ACID FREE SKIN CARE - ACNE FREE. I hope it can help someone. SHAZ AKA SLIM