According to MRIs, HA fillers last longer than 6-12 months

MemberMember
(@nick-corona)

Posted : 02/18/2020 8:34 am

Is this very good news for us?

MemberMember
(@joeysk)

Posted : 02/18/2020 8:01 pm

This is why you should never cheap out on filler and go to the best injectors. I have seen this video before and it's informative.

MemberMember
(@superburrito)

Posted : 02/19/2020 4:50 pm

@Nick CoronaAfter personally havinga bad reaction to Juverderm fillers that were injectedmore than half a year ago, Im not sure this is good news. The longer a filler lasts,the greater the chances of complications. For example, Bellafill is a permanent filler and extremely hard to treat if nodules form. I will never get this fillerinjected into my face.

Agree with @joeysk, that this means a skilled injector is even morecrucial to reduce complications.

MemberMember
(@nick-corona)

Posted : 02/19/2020 8:58 pm

I mean good in the sense that results may last longer than we think they will.

MemberMember
(@thebean)

Posted : 02/21/2020 9:31 am

I'd really like some people to chime-in on how long the visible results of their filler lasted. I saw a PS the other night and he said only a few months.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/21/2020 12:39 pm

3 hours ago, TheBean said:

I'd really like some people to chime-in on how long the visible results of their filler lasted. I saw a PS the other night and he said only a few months.

Yes I am really interesting in getting more information on this subject as well. I for my part really expected theeffect to last for a few months at least, but in my case it's been 5-6 weeks and my scars are reemerging on one spot. How could this be happening?Totally perplexed

MemberMember
(@thebean)

Posted : 02/21/2020 3:14 pm

No Kidding?! Is it an HA filler? Do you know what brand/name? The spot that is reemerging--how large was it prior to being filled? How much did it cost? The last PS I saw thought it would be a waste of money...I'd have to purchase a whole syringe for a little dot of it. I only have the one scar.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/22/2020 3:18 pm

On 2/21/2020 at 9:14 PM, TheBean said:

No Kidding?! Is it an HA filler? Do you know what brand/name? The spot that is reemerging--how large was it prior to being filled? How much did it cost? The last PS I saw thought it would be a waste of money...I'd have to purchase a whole syringe for a little dot of it. I only have the one scar.

Yes, I am absolutely serious. I thought the filler would last at least 2-3 months but alas! She used Restalyne, injected 4 areas. 2 days prior to the filler I got canula subcision at a derm's office. I opted to have the filler with the nurse because I know her and she is excellent with the needle. 

Up until last week all areas seemed softer and smoothed out, but these days I've noticed two 4-5 mm in diameter box car scars reemerging :(

It cost 800 dollars without the subcision. 

For one scar maybe it wouldn't be worth it because you psy for the whole syringe, but I don't want to dissuade you from fillers. Maybe it was just my skin. 

MemberMember
(@hlp334)

Posted : 02/28/2020 12:48 pm

Ive had a similar experience with filler not filling up some scars. I feel like it has to do with not getting anaggressive enough subcision in those areas because I have other areas that have filled up beautifully with filler and subcision!! Even though I can hear the bands breaking with subcision my guess is that they keep going till*most* of the tension is released but not all, so even after subcision the filler is still donutingaround some scars. They move the needle up and down to break the bands and maybe in doing that are missing some scars if the angle they move to is too wide? I think thats why beautiful ambition on here recommend 3-8 subcisions, the more you do it the less bands are missed. Some of my scars are filled well so doctors dont think any of my scars aretethered but then encounter a lot of resistance when doing subcision so I would definitely keep going with the recommended subcision treatments from BAeven if doctors say you dont need more.