Deeper Scars and Lumps From Aggressive Nokor Subcision

MemberMember
(@ivan_070703hotmail-com)

Posted : 02/17/2020 11:04 am

`

MemberMember
(@joeysk)

Posted : 02/17/2020 9:47 pm

Wow that's really yellow. I would get that checked out.

MemberMember

Posted : 02/19/2020 9:31 am

`

MemberMember
(@hsd87)

Posted : 02/19/2020 10:47 am

The lumps is hematoma (I think). I had one on my right cheek which faded after about a month. I just kept massaging it. I think you can get injections for them if they dont go down.

I'll be avoiding nokor next time because of it, maybe you should too. Stick to cannula.

MemberMember

Posted : 02/19/2020 10:04 pm

On 2/19/2020 at 11:47 PM, hsd87 said:

The lumps is hematoma (I think). I had one on my right cheek which faded after about a month. I just kept massaging it. I think you can get injections for them if they dont go down.

I'll be avoiding nokor next time because of it, maybe you should too. Stick to cannula.

`

MemberMember
(@hsd87)

Posted : 02/20/2020 8:00 am

9 hours ago, Ivan_070703 said:

Thanks for your response hsd87

Nokor was really brutal, I read about some people on these forums having amazing results from it but it is probably not for me. The 18g nokor needle is huge and it just destroys everything in its path.

Keeping my fingers crossed that no permanent damage is done.

How was your results from your Nokor? Are you happy with it?

Lumps are apparently "rare" but happens to some people.

Not much improvement so far. Only done it once. Heard a lot of snapping and tearing like you did.

I did nokor and cannula at the same time, heard more noises when cannula was used! So I'll stick to that.

Nokor does seem very dangerous! I was bleeding a lot with that. No wonder most doctors dont use it now it seems. Hopefully using it once is good enough and then cannula can be used the other times.

MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 02/20/2020 10:01 pm

I had aggressive Nokor Sub done with one who was supposed to be the best acne scars Dr- Chu and this left me with new scars and bumps not going away for almost 3 months. So do no worry, it will go away with time. Cannula is more gentle and in the right hands act like a Nokor.

MemberMember

Posted : 02/21/2020 12:33 am

On 2/21/2020 at 11:01 AM, Sibel said:

I had aggressive Nokor Sub done with one who was supposed to be the best acne scars Dr- Chu and this left me with new scars and bumps not going away for almost 3 months. So do no worry, it will go away with time. Cannula is more gentle and in the right hands act like a Nokor.

`

MemberMember

Posted : 02/21/2020 2:33 am

`

MemberMember
(@zephyr101)

Posted : 02/21/2020 9:24 am

@Ivan_070703Did you get filler done with the Nokor subcision? Filler is important after subcision, as a spacer, to prevent retethering. Scars can retether in a way that make them worse than before the subcision.

MemberMember

Posted : 02/21/2020 9:29 am

`

MemberMember
(@zephyr101)

Posted : 02/21/2020 11:51 am

Yeah, I don't know how long retethering takes. Generally, I believe fillers with subcision are better than subcision without fillers because fillers can stimulate more collagen production and act as a spacer. So if you can afford it, stick with cannula subcision and use fillers next time.Also be aware that even a small change in the angle that light shines on you can make a pretty significant difference in scar appearance. You may not even realize that the angle is different, sometimes.

MemberMember
(@acnenoscarsmore)

Posted : 02/22/2020 1:02 am

Who did the procedure? Have you asked Dr. for post-treatment advice?

2.5 weeks is still early imo.

From what I have read (previous BA advice and others)you should start massaging again.No risk of new bleeding now, as all blood vessels have healed.

Apply hot dressings, take Aspirin, massage. It should help. The Dr could inject Hyalase or steroid in the bump if it does not help.

Your ownblood is a greatspacer, contains lots of growth factors, will stimulate collagen. Heads up, Ithink you willsee some improvement over time bro.

Good luck!

MemberMember

Posted : 02/22/2020 10:10 am

On 2/22/2020 at 2:02 PM, AcneNoScarsMore said:

Who did the procedure? Have you asked Dr. for post-treatment advice?

2.5 weeks is still early imo.

From what I have read (previous BA advice and others)you should start massaging again.No risk of new bleeding now, as all blood vessels have healed.

Apply hot dressings, take Aspirin, massage. It should help. The Dr could inject Hyalase or steroid in the bump if it does not help.

Your ownblood is a greatspacer, contains lots of growth factors, will stimulate collagen. Heads up, Ithink you willsee some improvement over time bro.

Good luck!

`

MemberMember
(@djdoggpound)

Posted : 02/22/2020 10:41 am

I would massage the lumps 2-3 times a day for a minute each time. Should help!

MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 02/22/2020 12:57 pm

Ivan, no results after Sub without the filler with Chu, only more scars... then I did 2 sub with another Dr with the cannula and the result is very mild but no extra marks/scars/bumps...Sub without the filler does not make sense, the scars retetherbut Chu was against the fillers...

I massaged gently the bumps with the ice pad... as I said 3 months I had it...so just wait...

MemberMember

Posted : 02/24/2020 9:09 am

`

MemberMember
(@incepticon)

Posted : 02/25/2020 10:57 am

I've had similar experience with nokor subcision. Where some areas on my cheek rose around the surface lvl.
Here is my thread, your concerns are more or less the same.

MemberMember
(@joeysk)

Posted : 02/25/2020 8:07 pm

healing well. My lumps didint go away compeletely for 7 weeks. Looks like you have significant volume loss in cheeks. Would adviceto do just sculptra next.

MemberMember

Posted : 02/25/2020 9:20 pm

On 2/25/2020 at 11:57 PM, incepticon said:

I've had similar experience with nokor subcision. Where some areas on my cheek rose around the surface lvl.
Here is my thread, your concerns are more or less the same.

`

On 2/23/2020 at 1:57 AM, Sibel said:

Ivan, no results after Sub without the filler with Chu, only more scars... then I did 2 sub with another Dr with the cannula and the result is very mild but no extra marks/scars/bumps...Sub without the filler does not make sense, the scars retetherbut Chu was against the fillers...

I massaged gently the bumps with the ice pad... as I said 3 months I had it...so just wait...

`

MemberMember
(@incepticon)

Posted : 02/26/2020 9:49 am

12 hours ago, Ivan_070703 said:

In your thread, you mentioned at the 3-4 months mark, you still had a bump onyour left cheek and 2 spots that are raised on yourright cheek. That was back in June 2018. Are those bumps still there today?

These bumps are still there, i had talked about 2 lines that were visible to the naked eye. When I look in the mirror I can see them albeit to a lesser extent. But I'm much better at ignoring them today and focus on more constructive things. In the end, these are minor "disfigurement" compared to what millions of people around the globe are dealing with daily. I think learning to accept and move on is the best antidote to bad feelings.

MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 02/26/2020 1:16 pm

Ivan, yes the bumps are completely resolved after 3-4 months. I still have Nokor scars, it has been more then a yearand they merged with some old scars which made them look wider and bigger(

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 02/26/2020 5:13 pm

Honestly, if it's bothering you a lot I would get a series of low doses of cortisone shots to flatten them a bit.

MemberMember

Posted : 02/26/2020 9:51 pm

On 2/26/2020 at 10:49 PM, incepticon said:

These bumps are still there, i had talked about 2 lines that were visible to the naked eye. When I look in the mirror I can see them albeit to a lesser extent. But I'm much better at ignoring them today and focus on more constructive things. In the end, these are minor "disfigurement" compared to what millions of people around the globe are dealing with daily. I think learning to accept and move on is the best antidote to bad feelings.

`

On 2/27/2020 at 2:16 AM, Sibel said:

Ivan, yes the bumps are completely resolved after 3-4 months. I still have Nokor scars, it has been more then a yearand they merged with some old scars which made them look wider and bigger(

`

MemberMember

Posted : 02/28/2020 9:59 am

`