Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi,

i wouldn’t say my acne is bad bad but it’s persistent bad. I’ve had tiny skin bumps in mid 2017 after my overseas trip to a tropical country which I don’t think is the cause of it cause I always travel there. 

Back story: I don’t have acne before that other than one or two pimples when I’m on my period. I’ve also went for facials after the trip which honestly only made it worse.

The beautician says it’s normal that my face is abnormally red (it’s my first facial so I don’t know anything) and things will only get worse before it gets better. But ever since it started it has been pretty much there all the time. New pimples would rise even before old ones recover and they’re often red and bumpy. 

I’ve been to dermatologist and was on both oral and cream medication where I had almost accutane. I can’t remember the name but I didn’t need blood test for it and doctor says it’s a sub medication for accutane. I stopped because I didn’t want to rely on oral medication and also cause it wasn’t really working so I wanted to try with just skincare which I’ve been doing up till now.

But no matter how simple the ingredient list is, what kind of tropical medicine I tried (benzoyl, la Roche posts effaclar) nothing seems to work. Things would look good for a week or two before it turns bad again. 

right now my skincare routine is:

1. Senka oil makeup remover

2. Cosrx Low ph cleanser

3. effaclar duo

4. Hada labo light toner

5. dr jart cicapair serum

6. cosrx snail mucin essence 

can anybody help?? I’ve thought of microneedling. Or any other suggestions?? 

below are some images that I just took today

thank you

BB90BB9A-8869-48E8-A345-EAD38CF5C6AA.jpeg.57e26970b27769d4b9ce13543aea0b63.jpeg0EFC1C59-4851-4DD7-8DEA-7FE075D42543.jpeg.4d97f0b3dd3ced9910ee7b87f5b75a94.jpeg