Notifications
Clear all

Going in for acne scar treatment. Subcision, possibly TCA and Microneedling

MemberMember
(@xander_33)

Posted : 02/11/2020 2:23 am

What are the differences between the types of fillers? HA, Sculptra, etc.

I am wondering if I should get fillers after my subcision or if I should do cupping.I have heard people say that getting subcision without fillers is essentially a waste. I know fillers help with the collagen reformation process but I wanted to save money and might opt for cupping instead. I was thinking I might need multiple subcision and would consider getting filler later on.

Should I do subcision, microneedling, and TCA together or should I space these treatments apart? I have heard beautfilambition advise against doing too many treatments all at once. Is it better to space treatments apart to give time for the skin to heal?

Also I go to the gym frequently. Willintense workouts / losing weight affect the results of my treatment, how my skin reforms collagen / heals? Or should I completely rest for a week before going back to the gym.

MemberMember
(@joeysk)

Posted : 02/11/2020 9:43 pm

19 hours ago, xander_33 said:

What are the differences between the types of fillers? HA, Sculptra, etc.

I am wondering if I should get fillers after my subcision or if I should do cupping.I have heard people say that getting subcision without fillers is essentially a waste. I know fillers help with the collagen reformation process but I wanted to save money and might opt for cupping instead. I was thinking I might need multiple subcision and would consider getting filler later on.

Should I do subcision, microneedling, and TCA together or should I space these treatments apart? I have heard beautfilambition advise against doing too many treatments all at once. Is it better to space treatments apart to give time for the skin to heal?

Also I go to the gym frequently. Willintense workouts / losing weight affect the results of my treatment, how my skin reforms collagen / heals? Or should I completely rest for a week before going back to the gym.

HA is naturally found in your body. It breaks down the fastest but depending on the type and your metabolism it can last up to 12 months or as short as 6. Can cost anywhere from 500-1000 per syringe. I seen various techniques with it can be used to create lift in one scar or used as a volumizer for an entire area of the face.

Sculptra is PLLA which is injected deep into the skin. It is used as a volumnizer and should never be injected superficially. By adding volume to your face, you are filling your scars overall and not just one spot .1 vial usualy costs 600-1000 and you can get about 8 syringes out of it, depending on the water content, making it a cost effective filler for those with widespread scarring and volume loss.

Then there is bellafill which lasts 5 years. It can be used for spot correction or an overall volumizer.It should be done with an allergy test first. Only experts should be allowed to inject this stuff. Don't go to anything other than a top injector for this. Cost $1000 per sryringe

Bascially the type of filler you use depends on your type of scarring. If you have widespread scarring would reccomoned sculptra first before HA. If you have localized pits, reccomend just HA fillers. Bellafill should be avoided unless injected by expert.

Cupping is good, but eventually your run out of improvment esp. if you have volume loss and your body cannot produce much more collagen then it was depleted by acne. Filler is essential to treatment I believe.

Doing sub, micro and TCA at once depends on your doctor's skill. If he can do it then by all means do it. I don't think there are any studies about what is the optimal way. Just give your self 6-8 weeks of recovery between.

gym will not effect skin formation. But generally losing weight tends to make the appearance of acne scarring worse due to loss of fat and fill in the face. Would still go to the gym but take it easy 1-2 weeks after treatements. Would ask your doctor about aftercare procedures for exercise.

MemberMember
(@xander_33)

Posted : 02/12/2020 2:48 am

5 hours ago, joeysk said:

HA is naturally found in your body. It breaks down the fastest but depending on the type and your metabolism it can last up to 12 months or as short as 6. Can cost anywhere from 500-1000 per syringe. I seen various techniques with it can be used to create lift in one scar or used as a volumizer for an entire area of the face.

Sculptra is PLLA which is injected deep into the skin. It is used as a volumnizer and should never be injected superficially. By adding volume to your face, you are filling your scars overall and not just one spot .1 vial usualy costs 600-1000 and you can get about 8 syringes out of it, depending on the water content, making it a cost effective filler for those with widespread scarring and volume loss.

Then there is bellafill which lasts 5 years. It can be used for spot correction or an overall volumizer.It should be done with an allergy test first. Only experts should be allowed to inject this stuff. Don't go to anything other than a top injector for this. Cost $1000 per sryringe

Bascially the type of filler you use depends on your type of scarring. If you have widespread scarring would reccomoned sculptra first before HA. If you have localized pits, reccomend just HA fillers. Bellafill should be avoided unless injected by expert.

Cupping is good, but eventually your run out of improvment esp. if you have volume loss and your body cannot produce much more collagen then it was depleted by acne. Filler is essential to treatment I believe.

Doing sub, micro and TCA at once depends on your doctor's skill. If he can do it then by all means do it. I don't think there are any studies about what is the optimal way. Just give your self 6-8 weeks of recovery between.

gym will not effect skin formation. But generally losing weight tends to make the appearance of acne scarring worse due to loss of fat and fill in the face. Would still go to the gym but take it easy 1-2 weeks after treatements. Would ask your doctor about aftercare procedures for exercise.

Thanks for the informative response.

I am leaning towards doing cupping after my first subcision though and might decide to get fillers later on. ButI will consult with my doctor and see what they think would be best for my scarring.

Do you know of any guideson this forum or on the internet on how to effectively perform cupping after subcision? Also how long should one perform cupping for after getting subcision?

MemberMember
(@noa27)

Posted : 02/12/2020 12:11 pm

14 hours ago, joeysk said:

Bellafill is permanent.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/12/2020 1:00 pm

15 hours ago, joeysk said:

Hi have you done any of the fillers ( or cupping) yourself? Can you recommend Sculptra for example?

MemberMember
(@joeysk)

Posted : 02/12/2020 7:42 pm

6 hours ago, BlueMaloney said:

Hi have you done any of the fillers ( or cupping) yourself? Can you recommend Sculptra for example?

If you read my post, sculptra if you have widespread scarring and HA to deal with localized Pits. Don't knoow your scarring pattern so you have to decide with a doctor or evaluate yourself.

16 hours ago, xander_33 said:

Thanks for the informative response.

I am leaning towards doing cupping after my first subcision though and might decide to get fillers later on. ButI will consult with my doctor and see what they think would be best for my scarring.

Do you know of any guideson this forum or on the internet on how to effectively perform cupping after subcision? Also how long should one perform cupping for after getting subcision?

read the FAQ of this sub forum, do a ctrl+f on chinese cupping.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/13/2020 8:35 am

12 hours ago, joeysk said:

If you read my post, sculptra if you have widespread scarring and HA to deal with localized Pits. Don't knoow your scarring pattern so you have to decide with a doctor or evaluate yourself.

yes thank you. I read your answer, I''ve also read a lot of info on Sculptra. I was interested if you've tried it yourself and had possitive results.

MemberMember
(@xander_33)

Posted : 02/17/2020 3:26 pm

On 2/12/2020 at 4:42 PM, joeysk said:

Thank you I read the FAQ.

Is there any particular cupping set I should buy or one that anyone can recommend? There doesn't seem to be one listed on the FAQ.

MemberMember
(@joeysk)

Posted : 02/17/2020 9:17 pm

5 hours ago, xander_33 said:

Thank you I read the FAQ.

Is there any particular cupping set I should buy or one that anyone can recommend? There doesn't seem to be one listed on the FAQ.

no just anyone on amazon. reccomend you practice a few times before the treatment