Notifications
Clear all

What is this RF microneedling machine that Dr Anil uses? [Photo]

MemberMember
(@wretchedsubmarine)

Posted : 02/06/2020 11:20 am

Had RF needling with Dr Anil today in London.

At my consultation he told me the machine is Secret RF but, this does not look like Secret.

I'm concerned that he's for some reason lied about the brand of machine he used on me?

I've found the same machine online and it looks like a Chinese Machine 

What Secret is supposed to look like:

product-Secret-RF

I'm concerned that he's using a cheap imported RF machine and telling people it's an FDA approved device.

Can anyone confirm that this definitely isn't an old/different model Secret RF device?

MemberMember
(@cookingeng)

Posted : 02/09/2020 5:49 am

if this is true i am shocked, this is everything that is wrong with these private derms

i couldnt tell you though, we need an experianced user

MemberMember
(@wretchedsubmarine)

Posted : 02/09/2020 7:15 am

On 2/9/2020 at 2:49 AM, cookingENG said:

if this is true i am shocked, this is everything that is wrong with these private derms

i couldnt tell you though, we need an experianced user

It's definitely a cheap Chinese machine

I think I'm going to raise this with him but not sure what his response will be. Anybody got any ideas how to tackle this? Should I ask for a refund?

MemberMember
(@rachp13)

Posted : 02/09/2020 11:42 am

Honestly, you should, but chances are that you won't receive your money back. Tough luck, seriously, some people are just completely oblivious to the harm they do to others.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 02/09/2020 2:35 pm

What was cost of procedure and do u see any negative effects already ?

MemberMember
(@wretchedsubmarine)

Posted : 02/09/2020 3:06 pm

16 minutes ago, Miro said:

What was cost of procedure and do u see any negative effects already ?

145 with PRP and nothing negative thankfully. He's treated others with the same machine and they haven't had negative effects so I'm hopeful my case will be the same.

The annoying thing is that the machine probably doesn't do much but my only concern now is that it hasn't done any damage.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 02/09/2020 3:08 pm

Well this is def. some cheap machine. Cost for Genius Lutronic full face is about 1000 Euro.

I wonder if it makes much diff. what type of machine they use, its still needles and some energy delivered, if it has insulated needles , it should be ok

MemberMember
(@wretchedsubmarine)

Posted : 02/09/2020 3:21 pm

4 minutes ago, Miro said:

Well this is def. some cheap machine. Cost for Genius Lutronic full face is about 1000 Euro.

I wonder if it makes much diff. what type of machine they use, its still needles and some energy delivered, if it has insulated needles , it should be ok

I only had a small area on my forehead treated. Yeah it's still needles and RF energy. I'm sure the technology is probably much the same but obviously not happy he lied about the brand, claiming it was a leading one in Secret that has verified results.

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 02/09/2020 6:56 pm

3 hours ago, jwebs91 said:

145 with PRP and nothing negative thankfully. He's treated others with the same machine and they haven't had negative effects so I'm hopeful my case will be the same.

The annoying thing is that the machine probably doesn't do much but my only concern now is that it hasn't done any damage.

145 with prp? I spent over 2kfor 3 genius rf session. I know I was at the high end but $200 seems crazy low

Never mind, didnt read the whole thread. Only a small area treated.

MemberMember
(@cookingeng)

Posted : 02/10/2020 7:22 am

i would email him, i dont think it would be a good idea to say it face to face

and yes i would be furious, think of how many people have been misinformed without even realising

ive met anil but decided against treatment, i got a strange vibe

MemberMember
(@dodgerguy)

Posted : 02/10/2020 1:22 pm

Your picture doesnt look anything like the Secret RF I checked out during my consultation for it in December. Where it says Micro Needle RF should lead you to believe the machine is a knock off. Id ask for my $$ back if you were told it was Secret or any other brand name.

MemberMember
(@hsd87)

Posted : 02/10/2020 2:05 pm

42 minutes ago, dodgerguy said:

Your picture doesnt look anything like the Secret RF I checked out during my consultation for it in December. Where it says Micro Needle RF should lead you to believe the machine is a knock off. Id ask for my $$ back if you were told it was Secret or any other brand name.

Are you saying you went to Dr Anil and saw the secret rf machine when you had a consultation with him?

MemberMember
(@wretchedsubmarine)

Posted : 02/10/2020 2:55 pm

1 hour ago, dodgerguy said:

Yeah, I didn't notice this until after the procedure when I looked back at the photo. I've healed now which was my main concern. I will email him tomorrow and ask for an explanation and refund.

MemberMember
(@reiha)

Posted : 02/10/2020 5:22 pm

@jwebs91hi, I think Anil is a lier. I want to go to him for acne scar treatments but the reason I didnt go is that I think hes a lier. He has posted many pictures of other patientson his Instagram page and acted as if its his own patients/treatments .. So now I see he lies about his devices too.. strange doctor

MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 02/11/2020 12:22 am

What I know about Anil...when I was mistreated by Chu, it happened at the 2d office, itturned to be that Chu and Anil worked together at this office,heard them talking, they know each other well. Now Chu is retired so Anil is at this office. So he lies about the patients and machines.. well good to know and Not to go to him..

MemberMember
(@dodgerguy)

Posted : 02/11/2020 1:29 am

11 hours ago, hsd87 said:

Are you saying you went to Dr Anil and saw the secret rf machine when you had a consultation with him?

No my bad, I meant to say I had a consultation with a doctor in Southern California, where I live.

MemberMember
(@hsd87)

Posted : 02/11/2020 3:47 am

3 hours ago, Sibel said:

What I know about Anil...when I was mistreated by Chu, it happened at the 2d office, itturned to be that Chu and Anil worked together at this office,heard them talking, they know each other well. Now Chu is retired so Anil is at this office. So he lies about the patients and machines.. well good to know and Not to go to him..

Who are you seeing now?

MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 02/11/2020 12:43 pm

Dr.Henningsen in Denmark.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/11/2020 4:02 pm

On 2/9/2020 at 9:08 PM, Miro said:

True.But if dr anil presents it as a secret rf treatment then there is something about his credibility and integrity that is under question.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 02/12/2020 1:26 pm

21 hours ago, Sisi90 said:

True.But if dr anil presents it as a secret rf treatment then there is something about his credibility and integrity that is under question.

Of course, that is true

MemberMember
(@bleachblonde)

Posted : 02/15/2020 8:10 am

Following this veryclosely. I had my first session last year of prp/tca/subcisionand RF- although not all on the same day.The pain for the RF was horrific...I cried my eyes out. Could this be because of the machine hes using? Im dreading going back for more...It was a very traumatic experience.

MemberMember
(@hsd87)

Posted : 02/16/2020 7:31 am

23 hours ago, bleachblonde said:

Following this veryclosely. I had my first session last year of prp/tca/subcisionand RF- although not all on the same day.The pain for the RF was horrific...I cried my eyes out. Could this be because of the machine hes using? Im dreading going back for more...It was a very traumatic experience.

Did you see any improvement after your first treatment?

MemberMember
(@bleachblonde)

Posted : 02/17/2020 7:18 am

23 hours ago, hsd87 said:

Did you see any improvement after your first treatment?

Very difficult to see any improvement...

MemberMember
(@dodgerguy)

Posted : 02/18/2020 3:06 am

On 2/15/2020 at 5:10 AM, bleachblonde said:

Did the doc put numbing cream on and leave it for 30-60 min before wiping off and proceeding? If this machine is that painful the numbing cream plus an opioid is the way to go. I don't think RF needling is worth doing if your pain level is a 10 tbh.

MemberMember
(@cookingeng)

Posted : 02/21/2020 8:06 am

any update on this?