Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ok, i hear that TCA peels can cause hyperpigmentation but i also hear that it helps it fade?

which one is it?

I just did a 50% TCA on some tiny spots, but unfortunately it was too strong and I when the scabs came off, almost two weks ago, it left all that area bright pink red, so I am now dealing with this new problem, it is healing, and kind of fading and shrinking but very very slowly, and I need to do some V-beam laser in two weeks to help fade it, I think if I had done 20% instead and not pressed the Q-tip on the spots too hard, it would have come out nicely, because I did tha on my whole face on 17% TCA few years ago, it took two to three weeks to peel the whole thing off, but hey, it was worth it, and no side effects.

So the trick is, do it not more than 20%, (dilute it with distilled water, like one drop TCA + 3 drops distilled water) and put just the Q-tip in the acid first and then just barely touch the spot, very softly place it on teh spots, then wait, and it will eventually peel after few days or a week, and then do it again, in this way you do not even need hybernation time, you can go out, and your skin will not be damaged and the spots eventually will fade in any way, when you do it a couple of time, it is safer this way

Good luck

Anna

[email protected]

hi smile.gif

do u think it will work with 8% tca peel or 12.5% ?

i wanna spot treat some freckles and pigmentation smile.gif

thanks

do tca peels help with stretchmarks if not what does

I did a tca peel on my streach marks and i think it helped a little (the strenth wasn't that high)

I did a tca peel on my streach marks and i think it helped a little (the strenth wasn't that high)

what stenght was it i am plaaning on using 18% and does it work on ethnic skin im a caramel color will i see results