Notifications
Clear all

After a year of Rf microneedling treatment, I am disappointed.

MemberMember
(@stigminkigmail-com)

Posted : 02/01/2020 4:39 pm

Hi all,

I have tried 4 sessions of RF microneedling ( Endymed brand) , 4 sessions of cool touch laser for my acne  ( at Dr Suzan Obagi ™s office ) the past 10 months, and I don't see any improvement 🙁  I am very depressed at this point. No doctors at my area offer TCA cross or phenol cross. My best bet would be Erbium YAG & CO2 laser ( for scar ), Obagi blue peel ( for acne and scar ). I don't want to waste $$$$ on unnecessary treatments anymore. Please advise me! Thank you !

E1049DA9-1986-430C-876A-834CABC218EB.jpeg

8781E64B-0AFC-4E33-A79D-7651389F98AF.jpeg

0ED6F930-0E5B-4143-BD53-60C1FBBFAB29.jpeg

MemberMember
(@dodgerguy)

Posted : 02/01/2020 6:13 pm

Sorry to hear that. I dont think your type of scars will respond well to lasers and would hate to see you waste more money. CROSS is the best, but TCA can make them look wider so theres always that risk factor with any treatment especially with Asian skin. Phenol would be great but youd have to fly for CROSS and that equals more $$$.

MemberMember
(@stigminkigmail-com)

Posted : 02/01/2020 9:30 pm

2 hours ago, dodgerguy said:

Sorry to hear that. I dont think your type of scars will respond well to lasers and would hate to see you waste more money. CROSS is the best, but TCA can make them look wider so theres always that risk factor with any treatment especially with Asian skin. Phenol would be great but youd have to fly for CROSS and that equals more $$$.

I totally agree with you !Could I have some blue peel, TCA peel, Phenol done before I save enough Vacation days and $$$$for TCA Cross? I was so disappointedwhen Dr. Suzan Obagi ( she is Dr. Obagi s daughter and director of the Upmc hospitalcosmetic surgery center)suggested me to have 3 sessionsof Fraxel laser to get the best outcome. Her methodology is so out of dated and the treatment plan for my acne doesn't work at all.

MemberMember
(@dodgerguy)

Posted : 02/01/2020 11:04 pm

1 hour ago, Gigi2233 said:

I totally agree with you !Could I have some blue peel, TCA peel, Phenol done before I save enough Vacation days and $$$$for TCA Cross? I was so disappointedwhen Dr. Suzan Obagi ( she is Dr. Obagi s daughter and director of the Upmc hospitalcosmetic surgery center)suggested me to have 3 sessionsof Fraxel laser to get the best outcome. Her methodology is so out of dated and the treatment plan for my acne doesn't work at all.

I think peels will help more for texture and not so much for ice pick and boxcar scarring. You want to try to level the scars withthe surface of the skin, so you can only imagine how many times you'd have to do peels to come close to doing that. I mean it might be possible if you do apeel every 3-4months for like 10 years? Haha but I hope you get what I'm saying and don't fall for what aestheticians and dermatologists try to sell you on lasers and peels.

MemberMember
(@gynoscar)

Posted : 02/02/2020 9:03 am

agreed with dodger, you will see minimal results with just peels. you want tca/phenol cross treatments.

MemberMember
(@joeysk)

Posted : 02/02/2020 11:43 am

perfect candidate for phenol cross, TCA cross. Just call around doctors in your area before you make consultation visit to not waste your time if they don't do it. There is aboslutely no reason you couldn't find a doctor that does this procedure. Call 5-10 different dermatologists if you have to. The FAQ has a list of doctors, Realself is also a good resource.

Also please have active breakouts under control before you do this because it will block doctors from being able to paint scars if you have active acne over them.

Also cross tends to lessen hyper pigmentation within scars, I would highly recommend taking advantage of getting on a tretinoin and hydroquinone routine with a good sunscreen while doing the Cross to even further lighten pigmentation.

MemberMember
(@superburrito)

Posted : 02/02/2020 3:39 pm

@Gigi2233CROSS is the way to go. If you went to Susan Obagis office, then youre near Pittsburgh.

University of Penn does TCA cross according tothe list of recommended docs in the link below:

MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 02/02/2020 9:18 pm

You need to clear your acne first with accutane.

MemberMember
(@stigminkigmail-com)

Posted : 02/03/2020 1:49 pm

On 2/1/2020 at 11:04 PM, dodgerguy said:

I think peels will help more for texture and not so much for ice pick and boxcar scarring. You want to try to level the scars with the surface of the skin, so you can only imagine how many times you'd have to do peels to come close to doing that. I mean it might be possible if you do a peel every 3-4 months for like 10 years? Haha but I hope you get what I'm saying and don't fall for what aestheticians and dermatologists try to sell you on lasers and peels. 

I lost trust in most doctors when they try to put me on laser and microneedling disregard the fact that those treatments have little affect to my scar 

On 2/2/2020 at 11:43 AM, joeysk said:

perfect candidate for phenol cross, TCA cross. Just call around doctors in your area before you make consultation visit to not waste your time if they don't do it. There is aboslutely no reason you couldn't find a doctor that does this procedure. Call 5-10 different dermatologists if you have to. The FAQ has a list of doctors, Realself is also a good resource. 

Also please have active breakouts under control before you do this because it will block doctors from being able to paint scars if you have active acne over them. 

Also cross tends to lessen hyper pigmentation within scars, I would highly recommend taking advantage of getting on a tretinoin and hydroquinone routine with a good sunscreen while doing the Cross to even further lighten pigmentation. 

Thanks :)  I will definitely start using the tretinoin again. I have called around but those doctors gave me an impression that they are not confident about their skill on Cross, they keep calling it™s outdated and the more advanced treatment is laser :( 

22 hours ago, superburrito said:

@Gigi2233 CROSS is the way to go. If you went to Susan Obagi™s office, then you™re near Pittsburgh.

University of Penn does TCA cross according to the list of recommended docs in the link below:

Thanks! I will check it out 

16 hours ago, Binga said:

You need to clear your acne first with accutane. 

I already did, but my hormone acne just won't go away :/ sad 

MemberMember
(@hsd87)

Posted : 02/03/2020 2:40 pm

Doctors who tell you lasers are better are definitely the ones to avoid! As others have said cross would be the best treatment for your scars.

MemberMember
(@stigminkigmail-com)

Posted : 02/03/2020 4:51 pm

1 hour ago, hsd87 said:

Doctors who tell you lasers are better are definitely the ones to avoid! As others have said cross would be the best treatment for your scars.

I agree. I am so disappointed with the cosmetic surgery industry.Doctors shouldcare for the patients not takIngadvantage of them. Sadly 99% the doctors ( even the best in my city ) just want to scam the most out of me.

hsd87 liked
MemberMember
(@binga)

Posted : 02/03/2020 8:15 pm

6 hours ago, Gigi2233 said:

I lost trust in most doctors when they try to put me on laser and microneedling disregard the fact that those treatments have little affect to my scar 

Thanks :)  I will definitely start using the tretinoin again. I have called around but those doctors gave me an impression that they are not confident about their skill on Cross, they keep calling it™s outdated and the more advanced treatment is laser :( 

Then you need another round with stronger dose. Also look into salicylic acid peels. I like salicylic acid gel peel from perfect image. For your scars the only thing that will work right now is phenol cross and punch float excision if you can find a doctor. 

MemberMember
(@joeysk)

Posted : 02/04/2020 12:15 am

10 hours ago, Gigi2233 said:

yup. just keep calling, its worth it. Better if you can find someone that does Phenol cross because there is close to 0 percent chance of scar widening. I had 100 scars painted on my face both big and small and they all improved only 1 scar widened but also got shallow at the same time. You live in a major metropolitan area (Philly or Pitsburgh) so there is absolutely no reason you can't find a good doctor, just be persistent and keep doing research and making calls. 

MemberMember
(@stigminkigmail-com)

Posted : 02/05/2020 6:02 pm

On 2/4/2020 at 12:15 AM, joeysk said:

yup. just keep calling, its worth it. Better if you can find someone that does Phenol cross because there is close to 0 percent chance of scar widening. I had 100 scars painted on my face both big and small and they all improved only 1 scar widened but also got shallow at the same time.You live in a major metropolitan area (Philly or Pitsburgh) so there is absolutely no reason you can't find a good doctor, just be persistent and keep doing research and making calls.

I live in Pittsburgh.I just find one doctor said TCA Cross is the same concept as TCA peel and he could help me. If TCA Cross is that simple and easy then I am wonderingwhy not many doctors willing to perform such simple procedure

MemberMember
(@superburrito)

Posted : 02/06/2020 2:56 am

8 hours ago, Gigi2233 said:

I live in Pittsburgh.I just find one doctor said TCA Cross is the same concept as TCA peel and he could help me. If TCA Cross is that simple and easy then I am wonderingwhy not many doctors willing to perform such simple procedure

Lasers are very profitable, is my understanding.

MemberMember
(@hsd87)

Posted : 02/06/2020 6:05 am

12 hours ago, Gigi2233 said:

I wouldn't say it's easy, there are risks involved if you do it wrong. I went to a doctor and still got scar widening in two areas, and still have some pigmentation which is fading extremely slowly (I'm indian so have the darker skin type).

Phenol cross apparently has less risks so I would try to find someone who does this first before looking for a tca cross person.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/06/2020 6:51 am

43 minutes ago, hsd87 said:

I wouldn't say it's easy, there are risks involved if you do it wrong. I went to a doctor and still got scar widening in two areas, and still have some pigmentation which is fading extremely slowly (I'm indian so have the darker skin type).

Phenol cross apparently has less risks so I would try to find someone who does this first before looking for a tca cross person.

do u know a good doctor besides Dr Rullan who offers phenol cross? i have large pores and small indents i want to get rid of but am afraid that tca will widen them.

MemberMember
(@hsd87)

Posted : 02/06/2020 6:53 am

1 minute ago, Sisi90 said:

do u know a good doctor besides Dr Rullan who offers phenol cross? i have large pores and small indents i want to get rid of but am afraid that tca will widen them.

I'm from the UK and dont at the moment no, I havent been looking yet.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/06/2020 7:02 am

14 minutes ago, hsd87 said:

I'm from the UK and dont at the moment no, I havent been looking yet.

me too. UK. do u know about dr firas al niaimi? there should be another doctor at his clinic who does phenol?Dr Harryono Judodihardjo according to BA's guide. i just saw.

MemberMember
(@hsd87)

Posted : 02/06/2020 8:17 am

1 hour ago, Sisi90 said:

me too. UK. do u know about dr firas al niaimi? there should be another doctor at his clinic who does phenol?Dr Harryono Judodihardjo according to BA's guide. i just saw.

No I havent. I'm seeing Dr Anil atm. Cross is a low priority for me because my scars are different. Im going to focus more on RF and subcision for now. Maybe they have a contact you can email. It would be good to know if this doctor does do phenol cross.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 02/06/2020 1:58 pm

5 hours ago, hsd87 said:

No I havent. I'm seeing Dr Anil atm. Cross is a low priority for me because my scars are different. Im going to focus more on RF and subcision for now. Maybe they have a contact you can email. It would be good to know if this doctor does do phenol cross.

i googled him. on the website of his clinic it says tca not phenol cross hmm strange. thanks i'll email them and ask but consultation fee is 250 I have mild scarring, tried 70% glycolic peels but it didn't help much. i think i should see a doctor for those scars now

MemberMember
(@dodgerguy)

Posted : 02/14/2020 2:05 am

@Thienphuocno serum or cream will magically fill in ice pick, boxcar, and rolling scars. First pic looks like different person and second set has different lighting with some makeup. Nice try with the spam.

Tonitrus09 and hlp334 liked