Notifications
Clear all

Anyone know what kind of acne this is?

MemberMember
(@rose999)

Posted : 01/31/2020 10:57 am

Hello everyone,

I™ve had these recurring pimples pop up in the exact same spot for months (see picture). For some reason my right cheek has always been more sensitive and acne prone (although I™ve never had severe acne and don™t think this is severe either?) I started taking birth control pills in November and it seems to have started then/got worse around that time. We are now months later and they still haven™t improved. They take forever to heal and right when one has finally disappeared another one pops right up again. Hope anyone can help me out!

1142CE9E-A1FC-4BCD-A02E-A64D5A587385.png

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 02/02/2020 5:54 pm

It is likely to be because of the birth control. Stick it out another couple of months and they should calm down.

MemberMember
(@pudding-pie)

Posted : 02/05/2020 1:44 pm

Go back to your doctor and switch birth control.

My partner had this issue, most types of pills broke her out.She switched to a certaincombi pill and her skin cleared almost overnight.

Imo most acne is caused by hormones, including Male acne. In females it's an easy fix, either keep trying different birth control pills until you find the right one for your body or, if you've tried all birth control and still breaking out, try not using birth control at all.

For men it's a whole other story..