Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sherry West

What is my cause of acne?

Hi. 

I had acne since i was twelve years old and i’m now eighteen. Last year i tried accutane for two months but i quit after it took a toll on my mental health. Now i still have acne and it keeps coming back worse. I’m from the Netherlands and the doctors here are often not helpful. I have stomach issues and this might play a part. My dad’s side of the family had stomach issues and i have i too. I think it might be IBS since i went to the family doctor who told me it’s probably IBS and sent me right back home. Does anyone know what i should do know and if the cause is probably my stomach issues or would it be more hormonal?

My acne is often itchy and all over my face. The acne on my forehead is red and has little bumps. Also i have so many scars on my face even when i don’t touch my pimples at all. I also get the really weird cysts right next to my nose. I hate it and it makes me depressed thinking about it. It holds me back in life so much.