Notifications
Clear all

differin 0.1% for acne scars

MemberMember
(@suvvolo)

Posted : 01/28/2020 10:49 am

hi

i want ask if adapalene 0,1% made something for acne scars.

i ask it because this study: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6002315/

is referred to adapalene 0.3%.

adapalene 0,1% is a good concentration for acne scarring?

thank you for any response

MemberMember
(@daelz7)

Posted : 01/28/2020 11:25 am

ive heard it is. but it takes a LONGGGG time to take effect.. six months minimum.

MemberMember
(@joeysk)

Posted : 01/28/2020 11:43 pm

topical retinoids like tretinoin are good for new scars and redness leftover from new acne. I have old scars and I found that after phenol Cross, in comination with tretinoin, it did not reduce scarring but it reduced the pigmentiation within scarring which made the look of each scar less severe.

MemberMember
(@gynoscar)

Posted : 01/29/2020 2:56 am

only for redness, indentation wont have much effect unfortunately

MemberMember
(@zephyr101)

Posted : 01/29/2020 5:56 pm

Studies suggest 0.3% could help with acne scars, especially if they are early (i.e. less than 3 months old). But as others have said, adapalene reduces the amount of redness (by reducing inflammation) and reduces hyperpigmentation (by increasing cellular turnover) which helps even older scars with any discoloration LOOK better.

Pigmentation/erythema tends to make acne scars look deeper than they are, especially under angled lighting.

MemberMember
(@sonialovesunflower)

Posted : 02/01/2020 9:10 pm

On 1/29/2020 at 12:43 PM, joeysk said:

topical retinoids like tretinoin are good for new scars and redness leftover from new acne. I have old scars and I found that after phenol Cross, in comination with tretinoin, it did not reduce scarring but it reduced the pigmentiation within scarring which made the look of each scar less severe.

My experience with Tretinoin 0.1% is that it is very drying to my skin. I always thought that it's only good for reducing oil production.

MemberMember
(@daelz7)

Posted : 02/01/2020 10:01 pm

On 1/29/2020 at 1:56 AM, gynoscar said:

only for redness, indentation wont have much effect unfortunately

studies have shown otherwise. srs

MemberMember
(@skin-pessimist)

Posted : 02/03/2020 7:11 am

On 2/1/2020 at 8:01 PM, daelz7 said:

studies have shown otherwise. srs

The studies show that retinoids improve certain types of acne scars, but they aren't a miracle. Most of the studies show retinoids as causing a minor improvement, reducing the severity scale of the scar. In the study being referenced, certain types of scars responded better than others.