Notifications
Clear all

Need opinions on what treatment I should get to reduce scarring

MemberMember
(@hnqee)

Posted : 01/25/2020 1:27 pm

Hi, acne.org community.

I am determined to deal with my acne scarring and want opinions from the community on what treatments you guys think would benefit my skin condition. I am totally aware that it is impossible to remove the scars completely, so my goal is to make them less apparent. I have been consulted by one clinic, but was not convinced. I will attend a few more consultations but want to hear from your experience too!

I have uploaded pictures on my condition. Basically, the worst scarring are for the most part on the cheeks. So, the treatments I have been looking into are dermapen, chemical peelings, microdermabrasion and lasers. However, I do not know if they are too mild or too tough and if they are effective or not in my situation. 

I would love input from you guys and your experience with different treatments.

Best regards

EDIT: Noticed that the pictures are not in as good quality as expected. I can upload better pictures if needed!

IMG_20200125_014418__01.jpg

IMG_20200125_014428__02.jpg

MemberMember
(@djdoggpound)

Posted : 01/25/2020 3:19 pm

Subcision with fillers and TCA-cross first

MemberMember
(@skinnystrong)

Posted : 01/25/2020 6:22 pm

No none of the listed treatments should be what you start with. As @DjDoggpoundsays, subcision first, as many sessions as you can get till you see little results. It could be up to 10, and it's okay. Then do rf microneedling. You can also do both at the same time, but that depends on your budget.

Hnqee liked
MemberMember
(@hnqee)

Posted : 01/26/2020 12:19 pm

20 hours ago, DjDoggpound said:

Subcision with fillers and TCA-cross first

Thank you for your input, I will look into subcision!

17 hours ago, SkinnyStrong said:

No none of the listed treatments should be what you start with. As @DjDoggpoundsays, subcision first, as many sessions as you can get till you see little results. It could be up to 10, and it's okay. Then do rf microneedling. You can also do both at the same time, but that depends on your budget.

Thank you for your input! I will look into subcision. One question,microneedling as in dermapen treatment?

MemberMember
(@skinnystrong)

Posted : 01/26/2020 11:35 pm

11 hours ago, Hnqee said:

Thank you for your input, I will look into subcision!

Thank you for your input! I will look into subcision. One question,microneedling as in dermapen treatment?

No, RF microneedling, it's an energy device, the famous one being Infini RF.