Notifications
Clear all

Worried about a new form of acne

MemberMember
(@jamesluca)

Posted : 01/24/2020 3:32 pm

Hello,

I had acne 4-5 years ago and went on roaccutane/accutane for 6 months and it all cleared up. Cut forward to 5 years later and I've started getting a few cystic type spots (not little yellow heads) on my face again, but this isn't the worst of it. I've started getting huge, painful cystic acne spots on the back of my head (ALL OVER IT!) and it's something I've never suffered with before. I have a short haircut on the back and sides of my head and was wondering if this could of caused irritation/infection, but there's literally 15-20 cystic acne spots, which boil up and turn into yellow heads, all over the back of my head.

I've tried numerous treatments, creams, antibiotics and steroid creams but nothing works.

I'm going to a dermatologist at the hospital next week and hopefully they'll put me back on roaccutane again, because I can't even get a haircut anymore!

I've attached some photos. Do you think this is regular acne or something worst like an infection of the hair follicles? It's quite scary.

Thank you.

spacer.png

spacer.png

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 01/26/2020 4:32 am

It could be ingrown hairs. I get these from time to time after a haircut, mainly in the areas that have been shaved up tightly.

MemberMember
(@dick-revelmail-com)

Posted : 02/17/2020 10:57 am

it's acne. I have the same thing. I scratch it in my sleep and it bleeds.