Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wondered if anyone could confirm what worked for me by duplicating the effect?  First you have to be male who uses razors that make a very close shave.  I had what the doc called 'acne vulgaris' they treated it with Tetracyclene way back when.  I did the sulpher treatment for a few years, no real effect.  But then I grew a beard, and no more facial acne.  I think the close shave allowed the pore to close up with waxy oil and made the beard hair go under the skin when it grew, causing the lesions that had to be cut by the doc to clear out. I also believe that the beard hair itself is sort of a stick in the jar, as it moves around it breaks up any oil build up, or even acts as a wick to draw the oil out of the pore.  You may not want a beard, but I'll bet a good 5 o'clock shadow would do the same thing, never use a razor that pulls the hair out, cuts it and then the hair retracts under the pores edge.  When I was in school, they did not allow beards, I'll bet I could have gotten a doctors excuse to grow one and not have had to live a painful existence as a teenager, both physical and emotional, and Janis Ian's, 'At Seventeen' would not have been am anthem.