Notifications
Clear all

Am I beyond help? (SEVERE acne scarring)

MemberMember
(@mystyle196)

Posted : 01/23/2020 11:05 am

I have gotten a lot of scarring from acne in the past few months. I just started my 2nd round of Isotretinoin so hopefully it will prevent more scars from forming. So, this means I won't be able to treat the scars in at least a year. Anyhow..

I am suffering mentally to an insane degree from the scarring. I am on the verge of suicide (just got professional help) because everything feels hopeless. Is it even possible to treat this severe type of severe scarring? I am hoping punch excision + dermapen will help in the future. And maybe some other surgical procedure but that is all the hope I have. PLEASE, if anyone knows what to do, or if this can be helped, please let me know as I am so close to giving up on everything. I just want to look somewhat normal again, more than anythingIMG_2208.JPG.cf01a1889c534e4e454d3e701b20f195.JPG.

Thank you so much in advance

IMG_2209.JPG

Another picture with the worst lighting I could find right now

IMG_2210.JPG

MemberMember
(@athina1999)

Posted : 01/23/2020 1:29 pm

Hi @MyStyle196 DO NOT LOSE HOPE. Nothing is worth your health and honestly your scars are not even that bad.!!! it may feel like that because of the isotretinoin causing redness, initial breakout..once it smooths out you will notice a big difference in your skin and there are sooo many scar treatments out there i am positive will improve the appearance. There is an interesting thread on here  i follow that has come along way check out below. Like you said you will need at least a year to start looking at intensive treatments so plenty of time to find the right procedure for you. Speak to your dermatologist. You will feel amazing in a few short months just hang in there :) Sending you positive vibes!

AnaM88 and MyStyle196 liked
MemberMember
(@skinnystrong)

Posted : 01/23/2020 10:32 pm

Hey @MyStyle196, there are so many things you are doing right - getting medication, seeking therapy, and now, coming to this forum. The opinions of many here are valuable, because we are all going through what you 're going through, and I can't speak for the rest, butmy scarring is a whole lot worse, and yet it can be improved.

Your scars can be very much improved with a combination of TCA cross and subcision. The good thing is, they are rather new, and new scars heal better.

AnaM88 and MyStyle196 liked
MemberMember
(@dodgerguy)

Posted : 01/24/2020 12:22 am

Overall, you have good skin texture and not much scars compared to to average person dealing with acne scars. Main thing is to take care of your acne with your second round of isotretinoin. You should also experiment with the foods you're eating to see if any of it might be triggering breakouts like dairy. Do proper cleaning and after you complete your meds then you'll get a better idea of any scars left. You can go with subcision to start off with sculptra and go from there with CROSS for any ice picks and box cars scars. First thing first take care of the acne because when that is gone things will look much better.

MemberMember
(@anam88)

Posted : 01/24/2020 5:12 am

Like everyone else is saying - you're doing great, you're on strong meds and you're on route to getting results! The scars really aren't extreme, there are profiles on Instagram of people showing off their scars with pride, and they are a lot worse. They overcame it with their attitude! <3 Don't overthink it, it's REALLY not that bad!

Profiles that help promote skin confidence while experiencing serious acne scarring: mynameisjustp, lounorthcote, acnetain, abis_acne or ivyblooms - and thousands more.

HANG IN THERE! Big hugs x

MemberMember
(@hlp334)

Posted : 01/25/2020 2:03 am

Subcision and HA filler! The filler is temporary but it aids in the process bc it prevents it from reattachment and from the photos I think youd only need one vial since you dont have many spots. PM beautifulambition on here, they give youa personalized plan and do a great job of explaining. For active breakouts try dapsone 5% gel (spot treatment only). Only topical thats ever worked for me. My acne was connected to my digestion and cleared up once I got on the right medication, do you have any other health issues besides acne? Zinc picolonate pillshave helped clear me as well.

I know this doesnt help since were our own worst critic but they definitelyarent hopeless,Ithink youll have improvement.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 01/25/2020 8:19 am

Not even close to the worst.... Continue with your course of accutane and most definitely keep getting help with counseling.

Study this case here. You will learn a lot and see that great improvement is possible.

When you get around to treating your scars, subcision and fillers will help you the most. Why? Because you mostly have rolling scars with volume loss. Your overall skin texture is good because the skin overlying the scars is smooth, not jagged and ragged looking. That means that when you fill the scars the texture won't leave noticeable remnants of the scarring.