Notifications
Clear all

Congested, dull, oily skin help.

MemberMember
(@michelekayle)

Posted : 01/23/2020 2:59 am

Ive suffered with congested (combination) skin for some time. I have VERY Very uneven bumpy cheeks, however do not really suffer from pimples except around my jawline which is very minimal.. My problem is blackheads and under the skin congestion. On the other end my skin is oily but seems to dry out pretty easily. Curious as to wether or not anyone has any direction to point me in to help balance out the texture of my skin, and help with my congestion! Any products/routine advice that might help. I get a little lost reading article after article.

thanks in advance!

MemberMember
(@nouchka98)

Posted : 01/23/2020 2:24 pm

Salycilic acid based products are definitely going to help you for instance. Look for 2% in a serum form or lotion ( paula's choice, the ordinary...these two have the right ph that allow the sa acid to give max effects)and follow a few minutes later with a hyaluronic acid serum and agel consistency moisturiser (+oil free and non comedogenic) like face theory sypergel m3. If differin is available over the counter in your country, definitely give it a try in lieu of sa acid. Don't be scared if your skin gets worse initially, you will potencially go through a purge before it gets better. Make sure to moisturise generously, and only use sulfate free cleanser. Also, don't go out in the sun without sunscreen (also oil free).

MemberMember
(@michelekayle)

Posted : 01/26/2020 3:22 pm

On 1/23/2020 at 11:24 AM, Nouchka98 said:

Salycilic acid based products are definitely going to help you for instance. Look for 2% in a serum form or lotion ( paula's choice, the ordinary...these two have the right ph that allow the sa acid to give max effects)and follow a few minutes later with a hyaluronic acid serum and agel consistency moisturiser (+oil free and non comedogenic) like face theory sypergel m3. If differin is available over the counter in your country, definitely give it a try in lieu of sa acid. Don't be scared if your skin gets worse initially, you will potencially go through a purge before it gets better. Make sure to moisturise generously, and only use sulfate free cleanser. Also, don't go out in the sun without sunscreen (also oil free).

Thanks for the reply!! Going to buy all these products right now! Any specific cleanser you recommend?

MemberMember
(@nouchka98)

Posted : 01/26/2020 4:34 pm

Cerave hydrating cleanser or ren evercalm cleanser ( pricier but a littlemore effective).

MemberMember
(@michelekayle)

Posted : 01/27/2020 2:54 am

Thank you so much!!!

MemberMember
(@nouchka98)

Posted : 01/27/2020 2:06 pm

You're welcome. Also, use sa or differin at night. If your skin reacts badly even with moituriser, you shoud only use them every other day until your skin tolerates the actives. Then you can even build up to twice a day ( sa morning and night or differin at night+sa in themorning) until you skin returns to a good shape. With differin, you also have to wait 20 min before puting mousturiser. With sa, just wait until your skin is fully dry.