Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

For those that have had Phenol CROSS

Hi guys, 

I've stumbled upon comments here of people that have had Phenol CROSS performed by Dr Rullan or other doctors that offer it.

I have a question for you please: what did the Phenol CROSS treatment involve in your cases? Did you have to go in the next day to get curettage of the treated scars? I've never heard of such a thing, nor have I read about on Dr. Rullan's website or anywhere else. A clinic I am interested in performs it that way, though.

I am totally confused now. Isnt the whole point of TCA or Phenol CROSS to keep the scabs on for as long as possible and not to "curatte" them the next day? At least that's what I was told when I had TCA CROSS. Any input would be very appreciated.

Edited by Guest

Areas with tca perform will be red on day 0 and day 1. Scabs will form on day 2. From then on, try not to pick the scars since you want the skin to remodel completely. Seems like the clinic you went havent read a lot of medical papers..

6 minutes ago, gynoscar said:

Areas with tca perform will be red on day 0 and day 1. Scabs will form on day 2. From then on, try not to pick the scars since you want the skin to remodel completely. Seems like the clinic you went havent read a lot of medical papers..

Yes, that was my experience with TCA cross too. But I wonder if with Phenol cross it's any different.

I haven't been to the clinic yet. That's the information I got while booking an initial consultation, which puzzled me greatly.

Have you done Phenol cross? 

Edited by Guest

Yes, CROSS with phenol is treated the same way as it is with TCA. Keep the scabs on as long as possible. Tons of threads and pots about both phenol and TCA.

4 minutes ago, superburrito said:

I have done Phenol Cross with Dr Rullan. There is no follow-up visit after the procedure. As @dodgerguy says, keep the scabs on as long possible.

@dodgerguy Thank you for replying, guys. I thought maybe there's something different with Phenol cross that I wasn't aware of, but as it seems there isn't. This makes me want to rethink going on with booking the consult :(

OMG!! They wanted to remove the scab the next day because I had asked for a test treatment on a small area, they wrote. Unbelievable. *shaking head*. 

On 1/19/2020 at 12:35 PM, Sisi90 said:

Skinandbeauty

Edited by Guest

Hi I have read that Dr Rullan does phenol chemabrasion with a light form of abrasion on the next days to speed up healing. Could that be the case? 

@JenSteliNo, not at all. I was very specific that I wanted Phenol CROSS, not the peeling. And the doctor later wrote that the Phenol Cross technique is different to that of TCA CROSS(she learned it from Rullan, supposedly). That's why I asked the actual patients of Rullan how he does it.

Anyway, it's not something to fret about.

But I just had to ask for a test treatment. Phenol is a much more potent acid than TCA. I don't know the doctor (not recommended here). I have seen some threads where people have ended up with acid applied wide beyond the scar's edges, very aggressively and extensively. ( I remember an Aussie guy). Plus, they wanted me to send pictures and do the treatment directly on the 1st appointment when I specifically asked for a personal consult, which for me us a bit of a red flag. 

Edited by Guest

Same experience as everyone else.  I've had 3 Phenol CROSS sessions with Rullan and there was no follow up treatment.  The scabs stayed on for about a week or so.

1 minute ago, slide. said:

Same experience as everyone else.  I've had 3 Phenol CROSS sessions with Rullan and there was no follow up treatment.  The scabs stayed on for about a week or so.

Thank you for sharing.