Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
anthony534

What treatments should I get for my acne scars?

Hello everyone, I am twenty one years old and have had three CO2 laser treatments on my cheeks to treat my acne scars and three microdermabrasions. I am wondering what other treatments I could get that would improve my scarring. I am considering getting a subcision with hyaluronic acid and three more CO2 laser treatments. I personally saw good results after the third CO2 laser treatment, 40-50% improvement. For the subcision, would you recommend that I only get the subcision first and then in following treatments get the hyaluronic acid? Also, are there any products that you would recommend for acne scarring as well? I am currently using Baebody's Glycolic Acid Facial Cleanser with Tea Tree Oil and Rosehip Oil in addition to the Baebody's Retinol Moisturizer with Jojoba Oil and Vitamin E. I also use a Vitamin C serum and apply SPF daily.

I am attaching some pictures of my scarring. If you would like me to use different lighting to show my acne scars please let me know. Thank you in advance for your help. 

IMG_0361.JPG

IMG_0362.JPG

IMG_0359.JPG

IMG_0360.JPG

IMG_0379.jpg

IMG_0378.jpg

IMG_0374.JPG

IMG_0373.JPG

IMG_0372.JPG

IMG_0369.JPG

Edited by anthony534
Added more pictures

Subcision, then wair a month or so for the swelling to go down so that they can inject the HA filler more accurately. Then after 3 months try something like rf microneedling (infini) and gauge what works for you. Even though the filler is temporary, it acting as a spacer helps to induce collagen so it contributes to long term results. I have seen the best results in spots where I did filler. I recommend pming beautifulambition on here. They don’t respond to posts anymore but they give comprehensive treatment plans and really good advice. 

On 1/16/2020 at 9:29 AM, hlp334 said:

Subcision, then wair a month or so for the swelling to go down so that they can inject the HA filler more accurately. Then after 3 months try something like rf microneedling (infini) and gauge what works for you. Even though the filler is temporary, it acting as a spacer helps to induce collagen so it contributes to long term results. I have seen the best results in spots where I did filler. I recommend pming beautifulambition on here. They don’t respond to posts anymore but they give comprehensive treatment plans and really good advice. 

:smileys_n_people_38:

@dodgerguy I’m assuming from you quoting several of my posts referencing BA and  the other posts in the beautiful ambition thread, that you’re trying to now claim that I’m a secret account of his because I told people to message him lmao. When I first discovered acne.org he was responding on people’s post. He then switched to private messaging only. I was letting people know about him that might not have seen him in other posts, because his advice worked for ME. Some of you seriously act crazy with conspiracies. 

2 hours ago, hlp334 said:

@dodgerguy I’m assuming from you quoting several of my posts referencing BA and  the other posts in the beautiful ambition thread, that you’re trying to now claim that I’m a secret account of his because I told people to message him lmao. When I first discovered acne.org he was responding on people’s post. He then switched to private messaging only. I was letting people know about him that might not have seen him in other posts, because his advice worked for ME. Some of you seriously act crazy with conspiracies. 

With all due respect, a quick look through your messages history shows you give only advice on a variety of skin issues, and do not seek any help with your own skin issues. No discription of your scars, no photos (conveniently). Just "expert advice". It's suspicious to say the least. Also, the rate at which you reply to messages here is phenomenal, almost immediately, as if you are 24/7 here. 

I could be mistaken of course but all this looks suspicious...

2 hours ago, BlueMaloney said:

With all due respect, a quick look through your messages history shows you give only advice on a variety of skin issues, and do not seek any help with your own skin issues. No discription of your scars, no photos (conveniently). Just "expert advice". It's suspicious to say the least. Also, the rate at which you reply to messages here is phenomenal, almost immediately, as if you are 24/7 here. 

I could be mistaken of course but all this looks suspicious...

Please show me where I’ve claimed it’s expert advice?  Look at the time stamps, it’ll show that’s it’s not immediately. If anything YOU guys are on this website way more than me?? Using your guys’ crazy logic, you guys are all burner accounts of each other lmao. 

Look at all of your guys’ activity vs mine. You, dodger guy, scar guy, and Amanda hall all are interacting at the same time, liking each others post and commenting new ones about my posts. Mines suspicious and your guys’ isn’t? 

This persons scars are SO similar to mine, which is why I commented. Because what I suggested worked for me. They were asking for advice. 

I’m sorry but it’s hilarious that all the things u guys are claiming I’m doing, is exactly what you guys are doing. Your friend dodger guy quoted SEVERAL of my posts harassing me, so yeah I’m going to respond. 

Like I said in my last post replying to you and your friends harrasment, I didn’t post my own post asking for advice because I didn’t want to post a picture of my face so I PMd beautiful ambition. The fact that you guys find that so weird when other people definitely did that (bc in his messages he said DOZENS message him so there would be a delay in response), is beyond my comprehension.

I actually stopped frequenting this website as much when my scars improved, but I felt like I needed to share what helped me. I did not realize that you four dictated who should respond/post when. While my scars have improved tremendously, it’s not where I want it to be in order for me to feel comfortable to post. For you guys it might be, but I want to be as close as I can before I got any scars. I’m going to post when I feel comfortable in sharing pictures of my skin. As scar sufferers, you guys are not empathetic at all. I’ll post pictures in summer after my next appointment and I’ll make sure to tag you four conspiracy theorists in it, don’t worry!! 

And “with all due respect”,  you and your friends have been extremely disrespectful to me simply because I said BA helped me to improve my scars and you guys don’t like him. In that thread I even said I don’t discredit your guys’ experience with him, but was sharing my own. 

It also looks like you guys moved the conversation to this post because you maybe realize how crazy you all sound on the original thread to the others reading that thread. Funny. 

Edited by hlp334

Actually  as a side note, I just realized that in order to take those screenshots of me mentioning BA, you guys definitely had to pass the other comments on my page where I am asking for skin advice on making it less oily which I think my last interaction with that was less than a month ago, while my response to this was MONTHS ago. I defiantly had other interactions between them about acne in general, not even about scarring.

So your claim that I’m just replying giving advice and not getting it, doesn’t even make sense . What is the point of intentionally lying? 

If I didn’t respond, you guys would use that to claim I’m a BA account lmao. I’m not gonna be harassed off of a website because you four think I need to do exactly what you want me to. 

1 minute ago, dodgerguy said:

@hlp334 Alright beautifulambition, time to go to bed you weirdo. 

Goodnight, don’t let the BA bugs bite! 

33 minutes ago, hlp334 said:

I'm afraid turning the tables on 'us' doesn't make you seem more legit. Neither does going into full explanatory mode. I already said what looked suspicious to me. But unlike you I don't feel the need to convince anybody of anything so have a good day. 

1 minute ago, BlueMaloney said:

I'm afraid turning the tables on 'us' doesn't make you seem more legit. Neither does going into full explanatory mode. I already said what looked suspicious to me. But unlike you I don't feel the need to convince anybody of anything so have a good day. 

Scar guy claimed I was doing harm to vulnerable posters because he thinks I’m a burner account. That’s why I’m responding. What I’m suggesting is what helped me, and I’m going to keep suggesting it because I do think it’ll help others. I also didn’t want to just let you guys pressure me into not responding to YOUR responses. My original post did not reference any of you. You guys started harassing me and wanted me to just accept it. 

10 minutes ago, hlp334 said:

Scar guy claimed I was doing harm to vulnerable posters because he thinks I’m a burner account. That’s why I’m responding. What I’m suggesting is what helped me, and I’m going to keep suggesting it because I do think it’ll help others. I also didn’t want to just let you guys pressure me into not responding to YOUR responses. My original post did not reference any of you. You guys started harassing me and wanted me to just accept it. 

Chill. Discussing and voicing my opinion is not harassement. The majority of your posts are giving very specific advice and also shout outs to BA. Fact!

19 hours ago, BlueMaloney said:

Chill. Discussing and voicing my opinion is not harassement. The majority of your posts are giving very specific advice and also shout outs to BA. Fact!

Please look at what especially dodgerguy and scar guy have done. Claiming I’m a burner account/that I’m suspicious/causing harm AND quoting several of my posts. That is harassment. You and Amanda hall joined in without even checking my other posts for yourselves. If you did you’d see what they were saying didn’t add up. I’m apparently a BA account because I posted in a thread about BA that his advice helped me. 

I’m guessing Dan is a moderator, thank you for tagging him @squeezeMcQueen

11 hours ago, hlp334 said:

Please look at what especially dodgerguy and scar guy have done. Claiming I’m a burner account/that I’m suspicious/causing harm AND quoting several of my posts. That is harassment. You and Amanda hall joined in without even checking my other posts for yourselves. If you did you’d see what they were saying didn’t add up. I’m apparently a BA account because I posted in a thread about BA that his advice helped me. 

I’m guessing Dan is a moderator, thank you for tagging him @squeezeMcQueen

I just wrote that they could be right and it looks a bit suspicious as you seem to have mostly advice posts and shoutouts to BA and also wrote that I could be wrong of course. But you probably see why it looks suspicious if BA has done the fake accounts before. I didn't mean to pick on you of something. We are all in the same boat trying to improve our scars or to give advice to those who know less about acne scarring. 

Edited by Guest
16 hours ago, BlueMaloney said:

I just wrote that they could be right and it looks a bit suspicious as you seem to have mostly advice posts and shoutouts to BA and also wrote that I could be wrong of course. But you probably see why it looks suspicious if BA has done the fake accounts before. I didn't mean to pick on you of something. We are all in the same boat trying to improve our scars or to give advice to those who know less about acne scarring. 

Okay but the extent to which they kept going was overkill. If they thought I was a burner account why wouldn’t they directly message or tag a moderator like squeezemcqueen did?

It really just seems like they wanted a “gotcha” moment so bad and couldn’t own up to things that didn’t make sense with their claims. They skipped over so many of my other posts that weren’t about BA in order to make blanket statements. And they were so aggressive. If I replied I was a BA account. If I didn’t reply they would wonder why I was ignoring it, and it must be bc im a BA account. Me being active on this website even though they post way more, made me a BA burner account. It’s really overwhelming. 

Like you said, I also just wanted to comment advice based off of what helped me on people’s who’s scarring looking similar to mine. It’s not right for them to dismiss what I’m saying worked for me just because cupping is a cheaper alternative. With my widespread scarring cupping did not work well for me so that’s why I mentioned filler. There were no good video tutorials for it, and the suggestion was to use small cups which made it hard. When I tried it it was like a waste of a subcision for me which is why I preferred filler. 

Every doctor I went to underestimated the tethering of my scars, and I once ended up with the “doughnut effect” after no subcision and just filler. It looked so much worse than before so that’s why I support the claim that some people may need more subcisions, because im one of them. So I don’t get why acnescarguy kept trying to claim like no one will ever need more than 2 subcisions, and stating that I’m a horrible person for suggesting otherwise. It accounts for no variation or human error.

Sorry to the OP who’ll be so confused on this thread being moved here if he signs back on, wasn’t my idea!

Edited by hlp334