Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Vero777

Allentoin helping scars without stinging

I am having much success using allantoin on my face. It is working to fade the redness, fade the acne scars, and it causes a slight sloughing every week or so, and best of all, it doesn't burn or sting when I apply. In fact, it is rather gentle.

Allantoin is often added as an ingredient to creams and lotions but in small or unknown amounts. What I have done is make a 2% solution and apply after washing, let it dry, then apply whatever else I want to use.

Over the years, I have tried AHAs and like the exfoliation, at 10 and 20 percent, but they burn when I apply, so I wind up not using them.

Allantoin, on the other hand, is soothing. It is considered kerolytic , meaning it helps soften the top layers of the skin so the dead skin cells can slough off. As a result, it also means I don't break out when I use it. (yey!)

I am using mystic moments/biorigins powder. I mix 1/8 teaspoon of the powder with 2 ounces room temperature filtered water. Shake thoroughly, then add 1/4 teaspoon glycerin to help it smear more smoothly. (I use vegetable glycerin). After washing, I apply with a dropper to my face and neck, then let it dry. I have been using it for about 8 months now, and there is less redness and also less actinic keratosis (the rough scaly patches considered pre-cancerous)

I  would really recommend this. There are a number of studies showing that allantoin helps with redness and scarring at 1-6%.  It sure seems to be helping me, without stinging or burning,