Notifications
Clear all

Anybody have treatments recently with Rullan?

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 01/05/2020 9:41 pm

I heard Rullan had a recent price jump. I plan on seeing him soon but would like to budgetsome money before I make the phone call. I first plan on clearing up all of my acne and doing a mild TCA peel at home probably over the next 8 weeks.

I don't want to sound annoying to the receptionist staff so was wondering if anyone has had any treatments recently and what they cost.

My guess is I will probably go in for a phenol peel andsubcision + filler.

Any guidance would be amazing, thank you

MemberMember
(@dodgerguy)

Posted : 01/05/2020 10:31 pm

Pricing seems to be changing, so just make the call and ask what's current. Why would they think you're annoying for asking the cost for procedures? Seems normal thing to do.

MemberMember
(@gynoscar)

Posted : 01/05/2020 10:44 pm

last year around this time it was $1000 for cross, subcision and microneedling (went during Dec 2018).

This year it's around $1750 for cross, subcision and microneedling (during in December 2019 but booked months in advance).

Not sure if the price has changed since then.

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 01/05/2020 10:55 pm

7 minutes ago, gynoscar said:

last year around this time it was $1000 for cross, subcision and microneedling (went during Dec 2018).

This year it's around $1750 for cross, subcision and microneedling (during in December 2019 but booked months in advance).

Not sure if the price has changed since then.

@gynoscar Thank you very much. Is the microneedling just standard microneedling or is it an energy based device such as infini?

21 minutes ago, dodgerguy said:

Pricing seems to be changing, so just make the call and ask what's current. Why would they think you're annoying for asking the cost for procedures? Seems normal thing to do.

True you are definitely correct. I'll definitely give them a call in a week or so.

MemberMember
(@gynoscar)

Posted : 01/05/2020 10:58 pm

1 minute ago, thepwhisp said:

@gynoscar Thank you very much. Is the microneedling just standard microneedling or is it an energy based device such as infini?

It's using a machine similar to the derminator at 3.5 mm i believe. dont remember exactly at what length.

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 01/05/2020 11:21 pm

21 minutes ago, gynoscar said:

It's using a machine similar to the derminator at 3.5 mm i believe. dont remember exactly at what length.

Ahh I just checked their site it makes sense. Also I just saw that you had a treatment with rullan. How did everything go?

MemberMember
(@gynoscar)

Posted : 01/05/2020 11:36 pm

it went well. they gave a cortisone shot at the end to help reduce swelling. I think its been 2.5 weeks since the procedure. The scars that he put phenol on is still red. I think i see a slight improvement overall? Not sure if it's the swelling or if its actual improvements.

MemberMember
(@thepwhisp)

Posted : 01/06/2020 12:30 am

Ahh word. Did you fly afterwards? I was thinking about flying in during the morning getting the procedure done and flying home that night. Not sure if thats even possible lol.

MemberMember
(@superburrito)

Posted : 01/06/2020 4:03 am

@thepwhispI've flown on the same day of getting Phenol CROSS with Dr Rullan, with no issues. I would not recommend flying after subcision, as you'll be extremely swollen.

If you do his Phenol Peel, that is a 2-day process and extremely intense. So plan to be in San Diego for around in a week.

https://www.drrullan.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/12/3431158a99250d951e124f497a9197c2.pdf

Don't hesitate to call in to get pricing, it's their job to provide to you. You can talk to their patient coordinator, Amy. If cost is a concern, you may be able to get a discount by buying a package.

Dr Rullan does not do RF microneedling, it's just regular microneedling.

MemberMember
(@gynoscar)

Posted : 01/06/2020 9:25 am

I also flew in my first procedure with the 3 treatments on the same day. Wouldn't recommend because face is extremely swollen from subcision and my subcision incision kept bleeding. You have to show your face to get past TSA, meaning you would need to take the surgical mask off for a brief moment. During the flight, I felt a bit of pain in my neck area. I think it was the gravity pulling the saline toward my neck but not exactly sure. I would recommend staying for at least a day if you plan on doing subcision or drive if possible.

MemberMember
(@pinkracer)

Posted : 01/07/2020 1:53 am

Hi. I am scheduled for Carbolic Cross, Micro needling and Subcision end of January. Pricing was 1750. :)

MemberMember
(@slide-2)

Posted : 01/07/2020 6:13 pm

Just had a subcision + 1 vial Sculptra today and came out to 2,000.

I am flying back today (same day as procedure), and have done the same in the past. For me personally, it's not bad. My flight is only a little over an hour. Yes, your face will be swollen like a chipmunk. Yes, you will need to pass thru TSA without a mask/hat/etc. IMO, I find that people hardly notice/don't care. If you're self conscious about that sort of thing, it may be best to stay a night or two in SD.

MemberMember
(@blueberrylove)

Posted : 01/16/2020 1:40 pm

just got my 2nd treatment done today @ 8am.subcision/microneedling/cross. I flew in yesterday and Im flying back tomorrow.only uncomfortable thing was wearing the mask the whole flight was suuuper uncomfortable because it gets moist/hotin there. ):

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/20/2020 12:16 pm

On 1/8/2020 at 12:13 AM, slide. said:

Just had a subcision + 1 vial Sculptra today and came out to 2,000.

I am flying back today (same day as procedure), and have done the same in the past. For me personally, it's not bad. My flight is only a little over an hour. Yes, your face will be swollen like a chipmunk. Yes, you will need to pass thru TSA without a mask/hat/etc. IMO, I find that people hardly notice/don't care. If you're self conscious about that sort of thing, it may be best to stay a night or two in SD.

Hello,

I am also interested in subcision plus some kind of filler as a spacer or collagen booster like Sculptra. How was your experience with Sculptra? Do you see improvement already? I saw a video of one plastic surgeon on YT and he said one needs at least 3treatments with Sculptra, spaced between a few weeks for optimal results. Is this true?

MemberMember
(@slide-2)

Posted : 01/20/2020 1:37 pm

Hey! I am not a doctor nor an expert, but my opinion is that this will vary by individual.

As far as the number of treatments, I do not think there is a one size fits all. We all are dealing with our own unique condition, everybody reacts/heals differently and quite honestly, we all have varied expectations of results.

Personally, I've seen improvement from my very first treatment of Sculptra, and I continued to see improvement with subsequent treatments. Also keep in mind that my definition of improvement may be different from someone else's, so this is highly subjective. In addition, the improvement I've seen with Sculptra was always immediate. Overall, I have had a very positive experience.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/21/2020 7:50 am

18 hours ago, slide. said:

Hey! I am not a doctor nor an expert, but my opinion is that this will vary by individual.

As far as the number of treatments, I do not think there is a one size fits all. We all are dealing with our own unique condition, everybody reacts/heals differently and quite honestly, we all have varied expectations of results.

Personally, I've seen improvement from my very first treatment of Sculptra, and I continued to see improvement with subsequent treatments. Also keep in mind that my definition of improvement may be different from someone else's, so this is highly subjective. In addition, the improvement I've seen with Sculptra was always immediate. Overall, I have had a very positive experience.

that's amazing! I love reading about improvements and positive experience from treatments 🙂

Please keep us updated with your progress.

MemberMember
(@fakir)

Posted : 01/22/2020 3:42 am

I have one question. How effective is medical tourism? I'm interested medtech and i want to go for medical tourism still found an interesting article about different technologies. I read about in Bookimed here Where can find a suitable clinic.

MemberMember
(@oreoleo)

Posted : 01/31/2020 5:19 pm

I had my first tx in Nov 2019 and just went in yesterday for my second!

first time he did subcision and some laser (called erb...something I think) then got the corticosteroid shot (must™ve been solumedrol). Total was $1000 or 1250. I drove back home so I started icing my face about 2.5 hrs after I got my procedure done, and I literally looked like chipmunks for the next 2 days lol saline and blood kept leaking out of the incision sites so I don™t know how people fly back right after!

yesterday (tx #2) I got subcision and juvederm filler done and got the corticosteroid shot. Total was $1500. I got an Airbnb nearby to avoid rush hour so I started icing my face immediately like 10 mins after the procedure. I was icing for about 3 hrs on and off and what a difference it made!! Compared to my first time I™m not as swollen and I barely have bruising! So I would definitely recommending getting an Airbnb or something nearby and start icing your face right away. And of course saline and blood kept leaking out of the incision sites for good 6-7 hrs so it might be best to stay in lol good luck!!! So far it™s been great :)