Notifications
Clear all

Need help with my acne

MemberMember
(@pimpleperson01)

Posted : 01/04/2020 3:07 am

Hello, don™t know if I can post this here but I am. 
Just wanting to ask if anyone knows what kinda acne I have and how I can fix it. I also feel like I have large pores if I can get advice on that too that would be appreciated.

if you guys need any information from me about how I clean my face or my skin type just let me know.

10E68E9E-7EAB-4649-9CFA-ED712C2261A5.jpeg

058C9BF0-83F5-427B-9673-676DA6BCD316.jpeg

3EC8D374-A95D-4006-B97D-5FC57E771E0B.jpeg

41DECDE9-E0CD-450D-B2F1-F0E300C46533.jpeg

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 01/04/2020 5:31 pm

What products / medication have you tried so far?

MemberMember
(@pimpleperson01)

Posted : 01/04/2020 8:02 pm

What I currently Use is Shea moisture inflammation therapy bar, then I spray witch hazel on my face and then apply tea tree oil with a q tip all over my face.

also after I use the bar I rub ice all over my face.

This is the left size of my face a year ago 

81EF45F7-D35F-44E6-A6A1-71A0B15E5B58.jpeg

MemberMember
(@pimpleperson01)

Posted : 01/04/2020 11:54 pm

I just recently started using the bar I feel like its helped so far like it hasnt made it any worst, I want to start using aloe Vera every nite when I sleep hoping it will help.

would you say I have hyperpigmentation? Or just regular acne and Ill give it a try to cut off dairy or keep it very low I really only use dairy for my protein shakes and maybe pizza but I dont eat pizza that often anymore.

but I will give the head and shoulders a try since I just recently bought some.

and would you say the witch hazel and tea tree oil is okay ?

And I also forgot to meantion if I rub the left side of my face is smells like pus.

MemberMember
(@pimpleperson01)

Posted : 01/05/2020 4:02 am

I just looked up ice pick scars and I dont think I have that or if i do then not that many and very small.

and used the head and shoulders tonight on my face and it was a refreshing burning sensation not bad A feeling though.

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 01/05/2020 5:55 am

What were you doing past year in regards to products used? Using less is mainly a good thing.

MemberMember
(@pimpleperson01)

Posted : 01/05/2020 1:25 pm

The only different product is I used Shea moisture African black soap.

so all I did was switch the bars because I feel like I was always inflamed, but I also just diddnt clean my face a lot because I felt it never really was getting better.

ive been cleaning it for about 2 weeks now on a good routine id say.

MemberMember
(@skinnystrong)

Posted : 01/05/2020 6:50 pm

Hi there @Pimpleperson01is seeing a doctor out of the question for you? You have a breakout of pustules. You could see adermatologist or a GP, either. What you'd need is maybe some oral antibiotics and an anti bacterial face wash.

MemberMember
(@pimpleperson01)

Posted : 01/05/2020 7:32 pm

@SkinnyStrongI think I can still go to the dermatologist, just wasnt really wanting to go I went a couple years back but they diddnt really give me anything that worked.

is there any good oral antibiotics and an anti bacterial face wash you recommend? That our from the store or maybe online

MemberMember
(@skinnystrong)

Posted : 01/05/2020 11:16 pm

3 hours ago, Pimpleperson01 said:

@SkinnyStrongI think I can still go to the dermatologist, just wasnt really wanting to go I went a couple years back but they diddnt really give me anything that worked.

is there any good oral antibiotics and an anti bacterial face wash you recommend? That our from the store or maybe online

Ah I see, unfortunately, acne can be tricky to resolve. I myself had to take 3 courses of tetracycline about 20 years ago with no result. I had a major cystic acne breakout - I remember it was early 1999 to mid 2000. Went to the GP (only doctor I could afford) and he prescribed tetracycline, didn't work, went back, second course, didn't work, went back, third course. Then a kind stranger at a bus stop recommended a Chinese medication called Chuan Xin Lian https://www.chinesenaturalherbs.com/index.php/product/chuan-xin-lian/ I live in Singapore, so medication like these can be found in any Chinese medical hall. And there were many opened around the country. Cheap too. I remember a bottle cost me about SGD$3. For a poor student, it was a godsend. I was on that medication for like 2 months, then suddenly, one day I woke up and realised my skin has a clear patch. And then the next day, another clear patch. In a matter of 3 months, I was acne free.

Maybe it is worth a try?

As for cleansers, I used to use an antibacterial face cleanser from my dermatologist. https://www.mypharmacy.com.sg/EPharmacy/ShopFront/ProductPage.aspx?CatID=274&ProdSKU=998210650 This is probably available in my country, but I guess you could get something similar to this in other brands.

MemberMember
(@pimpleperson01)

Posted : 01/05/2020 11:41 pm

@SkinnyStrongdo you happen know if the Chuan ships to USA ? I am willing to give it a try

MemberMember
(@skinnystrong)

Posted : 01/06/2020 1:04 am

1 hour ago, Pimpleperson01 said:

@SkinnyStrongdo you happen know if the Chuan ships to USA ? I am willing to give it a try

I believe the website I linked above does.

MemberMember
(@pimpleperson01)

Posted : 01/06/2020 1:22 am

@SkinnyStrongokay thanks I will give it a try, thanks for the advice. Gave me more insight on the acne type I have.

MemberMember
(@skinnystrong)

Posted : 01/06/2020 1:45 am

Cool. Let us know how it goes?

MemberMember
(@pimpleperson01)

Posted : 01/06/2020 2:14 am

@SkinnyStrongI for sure will.

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 01/06/2020 5:57 pm

If you haven't taken oral antibiotics for acne before I suggest you don't.

MemberMember
(@pimpleperson01)

Posted : 01/07/2020 12:04 am

@jPabloI would like also to know not why

MemberMember
(@jpablo)

Posted : 01/07/2020 2:39 pm

Kills good bacteria in your gut, acne becomes more resilient etc. Plenty of articles online. I took 2 courses of antibiotics and it cleared my skin up perfectly for a year. Then it came back with a vengeance.

Eventually took accutane which has basically took my skin but to normal, but I still get more than the average amount of acne for my age. It's only my two pence.

MemberMember
(@pimpleperson01)

Posted : 01/08/2020 4:24 am

@SkinnyStrongfor the instructions it says to take 3 tablets 3 times a day so 9 tablets a day basically,is that what you did ?

MemberMember
(@skinnystrong)

Posted : 01/08/2020 7:43 am

3 hours ago, Pimpleperson01 said:

@SkinnyStrongfor the instructions it says to take 3 tablets 3 times a day so 9 tablets a day basically,is that what you did ?

Yes.

MemberMember
(@zgoede)

Posted : 01/08/2020 4:09 pm

Hi, I just read through that discussion, I would definitely recommend going to the dermatologist and seeing if they can prescribe you with Accutane. I am currently on isotretenoin, a form of Accutane, and it has been working wonderfully for me! As for what you are doing now, be careful with the tea tree oil, because it is extremely strong (good idea to dilute it with water), and can potentially be harmful to your skin. Prior to Accutane, I was taking an antibiotic that my formerGP prescribed to me, but it made me throw up so I stopped taking it.

MemberMember
(@pimpleperson01)

Posted : 01/09/2020 11:24 pm

@zgoedeyeah I kinda stopped the tea tree oil I feel like it does dry my skin out a lot, it would make it soft in the morning but I feel like it just dried it out a little too much, this past week Ive been using the head and shoulders on my face and then after that spraying some witch hazel on my face then applying natural aloe Vera on my face and sleeping with it over night and I Just got my order of the tablets that @SkinnyStrongrecommended and I want to start taking pictures every week to see if I see results. And also been using cetaphil X foliate scrub because I have a lot of clogged pores. But if I dont see results atleast a little within a month Ill try going to the dermatologist and see if I can get what you recommended.

MemberMember
(@joejoe8991)

Posted : 01/12/2020 7:49 pm

Try a Benzoyl Peroxide Wash, it kills the acne causing bacteria.

MemberMember
(@pimpleperson01)

Posted : 01/12/2020 11:21 pm

@JoeJoe8991 do you suggest any ?

MemberMember
(@joejoe8991)

Posted : 01/14/2020 1:57 am

I like to use the one by Oxy. It says like Oxy Maximum Strength Benzoyl Peroxide onit. Also, make sure to use a moisturizer if your skin gets irritated and dry! I like to use the cetaphil pro oil absorbing moisturizer with spf 30! Its non comedogenic and has sunscreen which is great! Careful, my friend once used it and it irritated his face. I use it everyday twice a day all over my body including my face and i absolutely love it so.