Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PrimaryHour

Sudocream Helping With Dry, Red, Angry Skin

With a ‘surprise’ acne breakout in my early 20s, I’ve struggled with spots and dry skin as a result of drying acne products for a number of years. Having tried all sorts of treatments ranging from prescribed creams, oil free serums and anything else labelled ‘for spots’ my skin was feeling dry and tight. This has also recently been exacerbated by the cold weather. 

After much agony at my red, spotty skin, I turned to my sister for help as she has always has had beautiful glowing skin. Desperate for a solution, I followed her advice and purchased Sudocream and Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream. Yes, I did say Sudocream, the stuff usually used for nappy rash! I apply the Sudocream to any red problematic areas in the evening, a thin layer will do. Wash off in the morning as this stuff will have you looking ghostly for the rest of your day if left on! I then apply a small amount of the Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream, be sure to warm it up between your fingers so it’s easier to apply to your face. A little goes a long way. You can apply make up as long as you only use a little bit of the cream. On days off, I usually apply a slightly thicker layer. 

Both of these products go completely against anything I’ve ever used in the past as someone who has always actively avoided anything that might clog pores! However my skin feels so smooth and calm with most of the redness now gone. So if you have tried everything and wanna give these products a go, I would recommend trying them! It has really helped me and I’ve been pleased with how quickly my skin has cleared up! It’s taken about 7/10 days to notice an improvement. I’ve noticed a  massive improvement in the texture of my skin as it’s much smoother with less breakouts. I really hope this works for someone else out there as I know how spots can bring your confident down. 

Be be sure to shop around online as you can often get the Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream on offer as it’s quite expensive.