Notifications
Clear all

TCA cross 90% widen scar

MemberMember
(@jack817)

Posted : 01/01/2020 5:08 pm

Hi All,

I™ve been performed 90% TCA CROSS by a board-certified dermatologist 10 days ago. The scabs were fallen off at 8th days.

However, after one of the largest scabs has fallen off, I™ve seen a very wide and deep pitted scar left on my cheek. It is about 1cm wide and 1mm deep. (Previously it is two tiny ice pick scars). 

I™ve checked with my doctor and he said it is normal since sometimes the TCA cross will join two ice pick scars temporarily before it heals and fills in and he reassures that a full layer of epidermis will grow back.

even though I trust my doctor, however the scar looks quite concerning. I was wondering does any one have the same experience here and will it heal or stay like this permanently. 

954B3B0D-1A33-4AE3-A324-6174D13F674D.jpeg

MemberMember
(@superburrito)

Posted : 01/01/2020 5:22 pm

@jack817 this is indeed a known side effect of TCA cross:widening and deepening of the scar temporarily. It should heal and raise up over time.

If you can, I recommend Phenol CROSS over TCA. I see Dr Rullan for this and have not experience the same widening issue as with TCA.

MemberMember
(@dodgerguy)

Posted : 01/01/2020 11:53 pm

Similar experience with the left side with TCA 80%. After three treatments I decided to stop because I felt like the TCA created too many new scars and werent filling in on the left side. Lower templearea looked the worse. Lots of noticeable holes when looking at my reflection with lighting overhead off my cellphone or laptop screen.

Decidedto try subcision treatments and that has helped, along with phenol CROSS. Have also been using AHA and retinoid creamand those have helped at least with texture and redness. After over 12 months since my last TCA CROSS on 12/2018, things are looking a lot better.

MemberMember
(@gynoscar)

Posted : 01/02/2020 1:31 am

I have done TCA 90% in the past.Some of the scars joined together and formed bigger scars (probably similar to what you're seeing) but it's a lot less deep and the edges are less defined.

I've also done phenol cross. I'm not sure if im seeing dramatic results with phenol compared to tca.

MemberMember
(@jack817)

Posted : 01/02/2020 2:53 am

9 hours ago, superburrito said:

@jack817 this is indeed a known side effect of TCA cross:widening and deepening of the scar temporarily. It should heal and raise up over time.

If you can, I recommend Phenol CROSS over TCA. I see Dr Rullan for this and have not experience the same widening issue as with TCA.

Thanks @superburritofor the reply. I will check with my doctor during he next follow up regarding phenol cross.

3 hours ago, dodgerguy said:

Similar experience with the left side with TCA 80%. After three treatments I decided to stop because I felt like the TCA created too many new scars and werent filling in on the left side. Lower templearea looked the worse. Lots of noticeable holes when looking at my reflection with lighting overhead off my cellphone or laptop screen.

Decidedto try subcision treatments and that has helped, along with phenol CROSS. Have also been using AHA and retinoid creamand those have helped at least with texture and redness. After over 12 months since my last TCA CROSS on 12/2018, things are looking a lot better.

Thanks @dodgerguyfor sharing your experience. So your left side has never filled in oh their own after TCA Cross? Thats my current concern since it is so wide and deep than before, Im afraid it will never fill in or go back to normal.

1 hour ago, gynoscar said:

I have done TCA 90% in the past.Some of the scars joined together and formed bigger scars (probably similar to what you're seeing) but it's a lot less deep and the edges are less defined.

I've also done phenol cross. I'm not sure if im seeing dramatic results with phenol compared to tca.

Thanks @gynoscarfor sharing your experience. Did you do other treatments as well? Like Fraxel dual - thats another treatment Im doing right now.

btw, for your joined scar caused by TCA cross, have they filled in or not ?

MemberMember
(@gynoscar)

Posted : 01/02/2020 3:06 am

8 minutes ago, Jack817 said:

Thanks @gynoscarfor sharing your experience. Did you do other treatments as well? Like Fraxel dual - thats another treatment Im doing right now.

btw, for your joined scar caused by TCA cross, have they filled in or not ?

I've done TCA/phenol/subcision/microneedling. They became more shallow and the walls are less defined but never completely filled in.

MemberMember
(@secretstarsupgmail-com)

Posted : 10/18/2020 11:40 pm

On 1/2/2020 at 12:01 PM, gynoscar said:

How long did it take to see a noticeable improvement? My dilated pore has gotten a whole lot wider after TCA and I would like to know how long will I have to wait before I see a difference.

MemberMember
(@dodgerguy)

Posted : 10/21/2020 12:45 am

I had all three types, but not so much ice pick anymore

You liked