Notifications
Clear all

How Long have you been treating your acne scars? When do you say "this is the best my skin will get"?

MemberMember
(@wombatstaywoke)

Posted : 12/31/2019 10:11 am

I've been trying to alleviate my acne scars since 2014 with expensive and self applied treatment. Yes, I have done that treatment too.

But at what session do you say I'm losing money for not much gain? That is your skin as time goes on won't look better than this 8th TCA session or 5th Infini treatment.

I'm just curious as I'm soon to be 30 and am still complaining about my acne scarred face as if I was still in high school.

Should we just keep dropping money at Dermatologists until we get flawless skin? Is that even possible?

I wish I found you guys before I dropped $8000 at a shitty medical spa. Happy New year by the way!!!

MemberMember
(@skinnystrong)

Posted : 12/31/2019 11:45 am

Happy new year to you too!

Flawless? Nah, I have accepted, at 37, that that will never be. I have also done enough subcision sessions to know there will be no more significant improvement from more subcision.

I have finished 5 infini sessions in a year. It has been 5 months from the last infini and results have been good. I am planning to start maintenance on a twice a year schedule.

Do I want to keep doing this? Nope, because once results stop, I will stop treatment. But as long as I see result, I think it is money worth spending.

MemberMember
(@wombatstaywoke)

Posted : 12/31/2019 1:15 pm

1 hour ago, SkinnyStrong said:

Happy new year to you too!

Flawless? Nah, I have accepted, at 37, that that will never be. I have also done enough subcision sessions to know there will be no more significant improvement from more subcision.

I have finished 5 infini sessions in a year. It has been 5 months from the last infini and results have been good. I am planning to start maintenance on a twice a year schedule.

Do I want to keep doing this? Nope, because once results stop, I will stop treatment. But as long as I see result, I think it is money worth spending.

Woah... Are those few subcision sessions and 5 Infini treatments your only acne scars treatments in the last two years? And improvement at 37!!?!!

Where do you live and how much does Infini cost?

MemberMember
(@slide-2)

Posted : 12/31/2019 1:51 pm

I've been treating for about 1.5 years now.

The first half year I did not research like i should have and went straight to laser/RF. This last year, I've been doing a combo of sub, filler, CROSS, RF, peels.

At this point, I understand that flawless skin will never be possible for me, however over the course of the past 12 months, I've seen a lot of improvement and will continue to get treatments as long as I am still seeing improvement.

MemberMember
(@shei514)

Posted : 12/31/2019 3:09 pm

Happy new year.

I do not know when that will happen for me. I still see results, there are still options I have not explored. Until I explore those options and know theres no more improvement, thats the moment I stop. Its worth the money, no matter how much of a sacrifice it is. There are more options than not, I believe.

MemberMember
(@skinnystrong)

Posted : 12/31/2019 6:21 pm

4 hours ago, wombatstaywoke said:

Woah... Are those few subcision sessions and 5 Infini treatments your only acne scars treatments in the last two years? And improvement at 37!!?!!

Where do you live and how much does Infini cost?

Ah, I've been doing subcision for the last decade, and if I have counted right, maybe 7 altogether. I have, over the last decade, also tried Smoothbeam, Cooltouch and Fraxel. Infini is a relatively new machine my derm got and he introduced it to me last year after a subcision.

I live in Singapore, and at my derm, infini is SGD 600 per session. Note, that is my price at my derm who I've seen since 2003 for acne, acne scarring and keloids, so rates are not indicative of what the market rate here.

Yes, improvement at 37. Why not?

MemberMember
(@daelz7)

Posted : 01/01/2020 9:27 pm

On 12/31/2019 at 2:09 PM, shei514 said:

Happy new year.

I do not know when that will happen for me. I still see results, there are still options I have not explored. Until I explore those options and know theres no more improvement, thats the moment I stop. Its worth the money, no matter how much of a sacrifice it is. There are more options than not, I believe.

your self esteem and image are incredibly important. IDC what anyone else says .. it matters. we never know what the future might hold. how much improvement have you had overall?

MemberMember
(@shei514)

Posted : 01/02/2020 3:11 pm

17 hours ago, daelz7 said:

your self esteem and image are incredibly important. IDC what anyone else says .. it matters. we never know what the future might hold. how much improvement have you had overall?

exactly - people with acne scars have complicated issues with their self image and these treatments are the only thing that help (as well as therapy if u have severe BDP).

id say around 50%.