Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NeedHelpwithscars

Anyone have experience with subcision/fillers

Hi everyone

I plan on getting subcision/fillers for my boxcars and rolling scars which ive heard gets good results. 

I know fillers aren’t permanent but because it prevents the scars from re-tethering would the results still hold up even when the filler is gone? 

It depends, its the moment of truth when filler deplets. scars , dents will reappear, but they should be in better condition then before, thats called improvement, thats why is important to have before photos. I red on net that scars rarely .

Whichever the filler used, the current evidence suggests that scars rarely return to their previous state due to the subcision and the collagen growth and repair on a cellular level, even after all the filler material has been degraded (Aesthetics Journal, Jul 2015). 

Not sure there is an equivocal answer here given how we all heal differently.

But as Miro has stated, I've also heard there is evidence of scar improvement (after the filler is gone)  due to the re-growth of collagen. 

My deepest cyst scar has improved a lot with an HA filler and cannula subcision even years after the filler is gone it looks good, the biggest improvement was after my first subcision, CO2 laser never worked for it.. but my other scars that were more textural/less deep stayed the same filler was gone after only few days - not best subcision candidates I guess. I am yet to try the Infini RF.