Notifications
Clear all

How to best treat forehead/temple/cheek scars?

MemberMember
(@peter-b)

Posted : 12/30/2019 3:19 am

Though they look fainter, some of the forehead scars are especially prominent due to their placement on the crease lines of my brow. Also, the forehead picture was taken with full lighting, so there are no shadows and the scars appear to be more mild than they normally look in the mirror.

How should I approach this?

Thanks

forhead.jpg

side.jpg

MemberMember
(@dodgerguy)

Posted : 12/30/2019 5:59 am

Look into CROSS for the ice picks and boxcars. Subcision with filler would be great for the forehead and temple. No laser will fix this, so if a derm suggests lasers look for another doctor.

MemberMember
(@peter-b)

Posted : 12/31/2019 2:13 am

20 hours ago, dodgerguy said:

Look into CROSS for the ice picks and boxcars. Subcision with filler would be great for the forehead and temple. No laser will fix this, so if a derm suggests lasers look for another doctor.

Thanks for your suggestions. Would doing subcisions without fillers reduce the benefits significantly? I'm a bit uncomfortable with the idea of fillers

MemberMember
(@dodgerguy)

Posted : 12/31/2019 2:48 am

34 minutes ago, Peter B said:

Thanks for your suggestions. Would doing subcisions without fillers reduce the benefits significantly? I'm a bit uncomfortable with the idea of fillers

Filler helps keep the scars from retethering. You can do chinese cupping instead of filler after swelling goes down to avoid retethering. Proper ways of doing cupping are all over this form and I believe there are some Youtube videos as well. Main thing we want to do is avoid scars becoming depressed again and keep them lifted, so filler or cupping are your best bets. 

MemberMember
(@skinnystrong)

Posted : 01/03/2020 12:31 am

On 12/31/2019 at 3:13 PM, Peter B said:

Yes, and only because your scars look quite shallow. I would suggest a session of subcison (no filler if you want)and then an rf microneedling maybe a month after, and then allow your skin to recover for about 3 months, to see how your skin improves. Then repeat if still unsatisfied.

MemberMember
(@peter-b)

Posted : 01/05/2020 11:59 pm

On 1/2/2020 at 10:31 PM, SkinnyStrong said:

Yes, and only because your scars look quite shallow. I would suggest a session of subcison (no filler if you want)and then an rf microneedling maybe a month after, and then allow your skin to recover for about 3 months, to see how your skin improves. Then repeat if still unsatisfied.

Great. Anyalternatives to RF microneedling that would work similarly well (while being safe for brown skin)? I'm not opposed to the microneedling, just curious about all of my options.

MemberMember
(@skinnystrong)

Posted : 01/06/2020 1:07 am

On 1/6/2020 at 12:59 PM, Peter B said:

Great. Anyalternatives to RF microneedling that would work similarly well (while being safe for brown skin)? I'm not opposed to the microneedling, just curious about all of my options.

RF microneedling is your best bet for brown skin. I have ethnic skin too, and I had suffered from hyperpigmention from lasers. If you asked me, your top priority right now issubcision, then for energy devices with low risk of hyperpigmentation, I had pretty good experience with the CO2 lasers.

MemberMember
(@peter-b)

Posted : 01/06/2020 11:58 pm

22 hours ago, SkinnyStrong said:

RF microneedling is your best bet for brown skin. I have ethnic skin too, and I had suffered from hyperpigmention from lasers. If you asked me, your top propriety right now issubcision, then for energy devices with low risk of hyperpigmentation, I had pretty good experience with the CO2 lasers.

ok thanks for your input. I was hoping to avoid RF, as I have an irrational fear of delivering electrical currents... but if you say it's my best bet, I may have to suck it up and get the procedure done. I'm mostly interested in addressing the forehead scars -- is subcision followed by an energy device the best route for those as well?

MemberMember
(@skinnystrong)

Posted : 01/07/2020 1:27 am

1 hour ago, Peter B said:

ok thanks for your input. I was hoping to avoid RF, as I have an irrational fear of delivering electrical currents... but if you say it's my best bet, I may have to suck it up and get the procedure done. I'm mostly interested in addressing the forehead scars -- is subcision followed by an energy device the best route for those as well?

Yes no diff for forehead. In your case, all the scars can be done at once every time you go down to the derm.