Notifications
Clear all

When is normal microneedling better than microneedling RF (Infini Genius)

MemberMember
(@froyosh)

Posted : 12/21/2019 4:35 pm

Is RF microneedling always better than traditional microneedling, for whatever types of acne scars?

Traditional microneedling punches the skin rapidly and repeatedly. But RF microneedling inserts needles into skin, release heat and take out. The amount of skin breakdown on surface level is much less than traditional microneedling.

Is there is any circumstances such that traditional microneedling is better? Such as for widespread texture scars (shallow boxcars)?

MemberMember
(@kay24)

Posted : 12/21/2019 10:54 pm

My surgeon's opinion is that RF is for scar revision, normal needling is for "touch ups" aka my skin is flawless and I want to get rid of microscopic "wrinkles" no one can see.

So on this sub, his opinion would be the answer to your question in regards to scar revision is never,

MemberMember
(@dodgerguy)

Posted : 12/22/2019 4:13 am

RF microneedling will help more with acne scars, but mironeedling has less side effects.I had a consultation with a dermatologist last week who told me that RF microneedling can wipe out fillers if you have any so keep that in mind. Like all energy devices, the derm said that volume depletion could happen. I was going to try Genius or Secret RF but hesitating myself.

MemberMember
(@wretchedsubmarine)

Posted : 01/25/2020 5:28 pm

On 12/22/2019 at 9:13 AM, dodgerguy said:

RF microneedling will help more with acne scars, but mironeedling has less side effects.I had a consultation with a dermatologist last week who told me that RF microneedling can wipe out fillers if you have any so keep that in mind. Like all energy devices, the derm said that volume depletion could happen. I was going to try Genius or Secret RF but hesitating myself.

Did you end up having RF done? I am considering it but also hesitant.

MemberMember
(@dodgerguy)

Posted : 01/26/2020 12:55 am

7 hours ago, jwebs91 said:

Did you end up having RF done? I am considering it but also hesitant.

No Im going to hold off on that for now. There are risks with RF needling so just gonna stick to my skincare routine before doing a session of CROSS in a week and a half.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 01/27/2020 11:41 am

https://www.drcychua.com/acne-scars-can-be-cured/

Hm this doctor claims that :

Decision made not to use microneedling RF for scars. This is consistent with many reports online and patient complains from other clinics about these devices having minimal effects on scars. Unless significant improvement made to the technology of microneedling RF for atrophic scars, I predict more and more reports will surface about the inadequacy of this relatively new treatment. Many experienced doctors are already speaking up about it and the false marketing behind the science.

But he is big advocaate of lasers, which sounds weird, what do you think ybout this ?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 01/28/2020 2:07 pm

On 12/22/2019 at 10:13 AM, dodgerguy said:

have u made up your mind about energy devices? thinking of trying infini for some shallow scars...

MemberMember
(@wretchedsubmarine)

Posted : 01/28/2020 2:16 pm

8 minutes ago, Sisi90 said:

have u made up your mind about energy devices? thinking of trying infini for some shallow scars...

Interested in this too. Has anyone had any bad side effects from RF needling?

MemberMember
(@sonialovesunflower)

Posted : 11/28/2020 3:11 am

I read online that microneedling RF has no effect for scar... that true?

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 11/28/2020 3:30 am

18 minutes ago, SoniaLoveSunflower said:

Source ?

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/28/2020 6:11 am

3 hours ago, SoniaLoveSunflower said:

I read that too. Improvement is minimal. A friend of mine had RFM for acne scars and he saw no real results after 1 treatment. He was happy at first, saw improvement in the firstmonths or so jut it turned out it was swelling that was masking the scars.

3 minutes ago, Sisi90 said:

3 minutes ago, Sisi90 said:

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 11/28/2020 11:47 am

5 hours ago, Sisi90 said:

I read that too. Improvement is minimal. A friend of mine had RFM for acne scars and he saw no real results after 1 treatment. He was happy at first, saw improvement in the firstmonths or so jut it turned out it was swelling that was masking the scars.

Well you know how this is :try everything, subc, TCA cross, peels, MRF, lasers, combination of this treatments should bring u some improvement, but some people get good improvement from acne scars treatments some dont, for someone 50% improvement is life changing, for some1 its not good enough, it depends . Usually people get 30-40 % improvement from 3 yearjourney .

Everyone should watch this really , start from 10:15 if you re interested only in acne scars treatment, whole video is quite interesting btw .

Sibel liked
MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 11/28/2020 2:41 pm

I have been reading about rfm for months, dr.Emil offered it and I am still hesitant.
How much heat should be exactly released not to burn the inner layer of the skin and in the same time to be enough to restart the collagen production? To bringsome results?
The Dr should understand precisely what he is doing but how about individual reaction? It is a gamble...

..again for the deep pits it will not work...I only found the positive reviews for the superficial flat scars..

... the more I go through diff treatments the more I think about punch/elliptical excision for separate boxcars might work....again the risk.. learned the topic.. ...if it is minus fattissue in several skin layers you can only cut it outand close the edges.. smoothingthe edges with tca gives some result - the scars becomes not so prominentbut the floorstays the same.. and 3+ subs donedid not lift that floor... .there is a piece of fattissue eaten by inflammation...

to fill in with the filler is tricky-the filler migrates...and it is extremely diff to do the precise injection under the scar... for the scares area- yes- to plump the whole area but for the individual pit no..

xander_33 liked
MemberMember
(@babysteps)

Posted : 11/28/2020 6:33 pm

3 hours ago, Sibel said:

I have been reading about rfm for months, dr.Emil offered it and I am still hesitant.
How much heat should be exactly released not to burn the inner layer of the skin and in the same time to be enough to restart the collagen production? To bringsome results?
The Dr should understand precisely what he is doing but how about individual reaction? It is a gamble...

..again for the deep pits it will not work...I only found the positive reviews for the superficial flat scars..

... the more I go through diff treatments the more I think about punch/elliptical excision for separate boxcars might work....again the risk.. learned the topic.. ...if it is minus fattissue in several skin layers you can only cut it outand close the edges.. smoothingthe edges with tca gives some result - the scars becomes not so prominentbut the floorstays the same.. and 3+ subs donedid not lift that floor... .there is a piece of fattissue eaten by inflammation...

to fill in with the filler is tricky-the filler migrates...and it is extremely diff to do the precise injection under the scar... for the scares area- yes- to plump the whole area but for the individual pit no..

Have you thought about doind a test spot?

I was recommended Rd needling too for my textural issues and shallow boxcar, but I'm scarred. I may try a test spot first.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/30/2020 1:09 pm

On 11/28/2020 at 5:47 PM, Miro said:

Well you know how this is :try everything, subc, TCA cross, peels, MRF, lasers, combination of this treatments should bring u some improvement, but some people get good improvement from acne scars treatments some dont, for someone 50% improvement is life changing, for some1 its not good enough, it depends . Usually people get 30-40 % improvement from 3 yearjourney .

Everyone should watch this really , start from 10:15 if you re interested only in acne scars treatment, whole video is quite interesting btw .

Sure you are right.

I'm just saying my friend didn't see any improvement (in the long run) from mrf. He'd done 4x Dermapen before mrf and says at first you see definite results but they diminish with time and I believe him. It's the latest scam of the aesthetic industry. Not worth the money. Or the risks. But each to their own.

MemberMember
(@miro)

Posted : 11/30/2020 5:03 pm

3 hours ago, Sisi90 said:Sure you are right.

I'm just saying my friend didn't see any improvement (in the long run) from mrf. He'd done 4x Dermapen before mrf and says at first you see definite results but they diminish with time and I believe him. It's the latest scam of the aesthetic industry. Not worth the money. Or the risks. But each to their own.

No itsnot scam , results are real , but remember that devices like lasers and MRF are not primarlymade for acne scars , itsskin rejuvenization , lifting is real with this , also your skin will look better andyounger, if it works that much for acne scars is questionable , but letsface it , there are people that tried everything for their scars, spent lot of money and saw minimal or zero improvement

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/30/2020 5:16 pm

6 minutes ago, Miro said:

No itsnot scam , results are real , but remember that devices like lasers and MRF are not primarlymade for acne scars , itsskin rejuvenization , lifting is real with this , also your skin will look better andyounger, if it works that much for acne scars is questionable , but letsface it , there are people that tried everything for their scars, spent lot of money and saw minimal or zero improvement

I agree with everything you said. There are people who are happy with mrf results. Maybe it also helps with aging issues.

But for many who do lasers or energy devices and get 0 to10% improvement it's totally not worth it. At first they experience swelling and think IMG this works, then the scars reappear....

Most treatments deliver realistically very small improvement. Sad, but true.