Notifications
Clear all

Acne scars and body dysmorphia... not sure what to do?

MemberMember
(@needhelpwithscars)

Posted : 12/20/2019 1:29 am

Hi everyone.

Ive got BDD (Bodydysmorphic disorder)whichbasically means I think my flawsare much worse then they really are and I cant stop thinking about itmost the time and its making me so miserable. Im currently on some medication for it but theyve not really done anything yet.. probablyneed to give them more time. Its honestly exhausting to deal with.

People say my scars are fairly Mild and not bad at all

Anyone gone through BDD and have advice?

Below are pictures of my scars takeninbad lighting (overhead lighting).Im getting Infini RF for them soon but should I do subcision filler before?

Have a great day and Merry Christmas.

MemberMember
(@hlp334)

Posted : 12/20/2019 2:17 am

Yes definitely do subcision and filler before. Doing rf microneedling without subcision can cause more tethering. Pm beautiful ambition on here as Im not sure what filler is best for you (HA or sculptra). If you do HA;since its spot filler you can also do cupping on the areas you dont do filler on.

MemberMember
(@needhelpwithscars)

Posted : 12/20/2019 3:10 am

53 minutes ago, hlp334 said:

Yes definitely do subcision and filler before. Doing rf microneedling without subcision can cause more tethering. Pm beautiful ambition on here as Im not sure what filler is best for you (HA or sculptra). If you do HA;since its spot filler you can also do cupping on the areas you dont do filler on.

Thanks for advice man!

MemberMember
(@joeysk)

Posted : 12/20/2019 10:37 pm

so man I feel you. I sometimes obsess about my skin esp. when I am alone. To be honest there is no cure for this. I feel like I can't talk to anyone about it because literally no one has this problem and when I try to talk to my significant other she gets mad because I am being insecure or something. And literally there are people admiring me for having a great physique and they ask me what I do to stay in shape and I literally tell them I work out once a week , lift heavy and that's it, I eat whatever I want and they tell I am so lucky. Then I ask them what they do for skincare and all they do is face wash shave and cocobutter or some bulls* like that, here I am using top of the line moisturizer, derminator, retin a, sunscreen, HA serum, doctors appointments every monthRF, Subcision, cross, filler injections, chemical peels, vbeam, etc etc... MY point is everyone has good genetics and bad genetics you have to figure out what your strong point is accentuate it and just keep working on your weaknesses.

MemberMember
(@needhelpwithscars)

Posted : 12/21/2019 12:36 am

2 hours ago, joeysk said:

so man I feel you. I sometimes obsess about my skin esp. when I am alone. To be honest there is no cure for this. I feel like I can't talk to anyone about it because literally no one has this problem and when I try to talk to my significant other she gets mad because I am being insecure or something. And literally there are people admiring me for having a great physique and they ask me what I do to stay in shape and I literally tell them I work out once a week , lift heavy and that's it, I eat whatever I want and they tell I am so lucky. Then I ask them what they do for skincare and all they do is face wash shave and cocobutter or some bulls* like that, here I am using top of the line moisturizer, derminator, retin a, sunscreen, HA serum, doctors appointments every monthRF, Subcision, cross, filler injections, chemical peels, vbeam, etc etc... MY point is everyone has good genetics and bad genetics you have to figure out what your strong point is accentuate it and just keep working on your weaknesses.

Yeah this stuff is a struggle but I guess the bright side is that everyone pretty much says my scars are mild or they dont even notice them so I guess most of it isjust in my head.

Do you think that my scarring is fairly mild?

And best of luck with your treatments man hopefully you get all the results youre looking for!

10 minutes ago, NeedHelpwithscars said:

MemberMember
(@joeysk)

Posted : 12/21/2019 12:06 pm

11 hours ago, NeedHelpwithscars said:

Yeah this stuff is a struggle but I guess the bright side is that everyone pretty much says my scars are mild or they dont even notice them so I guess most of it isjust in my head.

Do you think that my scarring is fairly mild?

And best of luck with your treatments man hopefully you get all the results youre looking for!

Images are a little blurry but objectively your scars are not mild but I think they are in thelower end of moderate. I think the definition of mild scarring is something that can be covered with makeup or just visible within conversational range.I think you can make a lot of progress within a short amount of time if you dedicate your self to find the best providers. Looks likephenol cross, Subcision, fillers, Infini.

Man, forget other people. It's how you look at yourself in the mirror every morning and how you see yourself. If you see yourself as a scar person you are a scar person if not then you're not. At the end of the day no one can judge your own self image.

MemberMember
(@needhelpwithscars)

Posted : 12/21/2019 4:08 pm

4 hours ago, joeysk said:

Images are a little blurry but objectively your scars are not mild but I think they are in thelower end of moderate. I think the definition of mild scarring is something that can be covered with makeup or just visible within conversational range.I think you can make a lot of progress within a short amount of time if you dedicate your self to find the best providers. Looks likephenol cross, Subcision, fillers, Infini.

Man, forget other people. It's how you look at yourself in the mirror every morning and how you see yourself. If you see yourself as a scar person you are a scar person if not then you're not. At the end of the day no one can judge your own self image.

Yeah I plan on doing cross,sub+fillers and then infini. You think thats a good plan?

andyeah I understand what you mean. I think I just got to remind myself that my scarring isnt bad.Its mostly just in my head when Ithink its severe/bad.. but yeah man thanks for the advice! Really appreciate it.

MemberMember
(@dodgerguy)

Posted : 12/22/2019 4:09 am

Be careful with TCA CROSS because it will make your scars wider and will for sure leave you with hyperpigmentation with your skin type. Subicsion with filler would be a good start for sure and you can go wrong with microneedling, but don't overdue it.