Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tryinghard123

acne scarring

Hi I have posted some of my scarring pictures which are rather severe.....For the past 10 years I have tried everything inc lasers fillers tca cross subcision excisons dermal grafts etc etc with very very little results

now I am thinking of phenol cross with chemabrasion in America as the doctors in Australia have been unable to do anything

Also am thinking of facelift but noone wants to do it here as when I stretch my skin scars look better and show less...please any suggestions as at 44 years old this has impacted me profoundly - 1st pic lhs and 2nd pic rhs

Resized_20190104_070851_6646.jpeg

Resized_20190104_075118_9234.jpeg

On 12/18/2019 at 6:42 PM, tryinghard123 said:

Hi I have posted some of my scarring pictures which are rather severe.....For the past 10 years I have tried everything inc lasers fillers tca cross subcision excisons dermal grafts etc etc with very very little results

now I am thinking of phenol cross with chemabrasion in America as the doctors in Australia have been unable to do anything

Also am thinking of facelift but noone wants to do it here as when I stretch my skin scars look better and show less...please any suggestions as at 44 years old this has impacted me profoundly - 1st pic lhs and 2nd pic rhs

Resized_20190104_070851_6646.jpeg

Resized_20190104_075118_9234.jpeg

You don't look that bad sir !!! I mean this much scars are ok. Did you been to Davin lim since you from Australia

I mean you have many box scar , with defined borders . BA would be best person to advice you .

But my suggestion would be subscison and TCA cross , and in between microneedling .

Subscison and TCA cross you should do 3 months apart , and microneedling you can do 1.5 month apart .

Must sunscreen everyday .

This will save you good amount of money also , you can buy microneedling device at home and do it .

Do this for 2020 for one year.

Just don't go harsh man , out scars are not going away anywhere soon.

Also subscison should be really good , your face should be swollen for atleast 3-4 days . 

Take collagen supplement .

Do some yoga , and keep brain calm , just think there is no mirror in the world and your scars are invisible.

Here is a study if you want to read :

http://www.idoj.in/article.asp?issn=2229-5178;year=2014;volume=5;issue=1;spage=95;epage=97;aulast=Kaur

best of luck from an Indian to my Aussie fellow 

Hi Ravi I have done all the above for a few years and it did next to nothing....that is why I am thinking of facelift or phenol cross or some pulling stretching procedure? TH

dont' look that bad from those pictures. If you done everything mention above have to tried them multiple times? one session is not going to be optimal. 

Also do you see volume loss atrophy when you look at yourself in angled lighting, like you "lost fat" from your face? 

If that's the case doing several vials of sculptra could be the best option.

Combine sculptra with Infini or RF microneedling device. 

yes joey its the LHS i hate very very severe....i have done many fillers.....what u think of bellafill or silicone?  something more permanent?  im sick of short term filler costs alot of money

also my many scarred large pores on LHS?  do u think phenol peel can shrink them or more excisions line type scar treatment?  thanks Joey

15 hours ago, tryinghard123 said:

yes joey its the LHS i hate very very severe....i have done many fillers.....what u think of bellafill or silicone?  something more permanent?  im sick of short term filler costs alot of money

also my many scarred large pores on LHS?  do u think phenol peel can shrink them or more excisions line type scar treatment?  thanks Joey

@f93d did a phenol peel and I was not very impressed by the results compared to how long it took for him to recover. Check out his thread to see if it's worth it. I think if you see volume loss, you should go with sculptra doing several vials and topping off every year. Sculptra is a longer lasting filler and injected deeply. I don't know if it's something you can find in your part of the world but adding volume can mask a lot of the scars. If you can stretch your cheeks out and the scars tend to disappear you are a good candidate for it. Think of it like a liquid facelift. I am about to do my first vial next week. Also since you are older you might have lost volume over the years and scars are now just getting worse. As we age we tend to lose volume naturally. 

Edited by joeysk

Joey - I also seen that and I was NOT impressed either - so much money and very little improvement if any

Dr Rullan told me 20-50 percent via email whereas before earlier in year they said 80 percent plus so Im very skeptical going all the way to America just for that - only possible reason going to America is they offer bellafill or silicone as in Australia they do not and Dr Rullan is also a genuine caring and very good acne scar doctor

Can you please let me know how you go with Sculptra?

Yes I agree with you filler adds volume and helps disguise those many scarrred pores but I want some more permanent fillers - what do you think of bellafill or silicone?

Also Joey at what doctor are you doing your Sculptra treatment at?  I would consider it as I have found the doctors in Australia just cannot seem to do acne scars.....even better so if you have time to show them my scars that would be much appreciated and see what they think....many thanks Joey

On 12/22/2019 at 6:30 AM, tryinghard123 said:

Joey - I also seen that and I was NOT impressed either - so much money and very little improvement if any

Dr Rullan told me 20-50 percent via email whereas before earlier in year they said 80 percent plus so Im very skeptical going all the way to America just for that - only possible reason going to America is they offer bellafill or silicone as in Australia they do not and Dr Rullan is also a genuine caring and very good acne scar doctor

Can you please let me know how you go with Sculptra?

Yes I agree with you filler adds volume and helps disguise those many scarrred pores but I want some more permanent fillers - what do you think of bellafill or silicone?

Also Joey at what doctor are you doing your Sculptra treatment at?  I would consider it as I have found the doctors in Australia just cannot seem to do acne scars.....even better so if you have time to show them my scars that would be much appreciated and see what they think....many thanks Joey

So what's your review of dr.davin lim?

He is not a good dermatologist and a fraudster....stay well away from him

He is not worth even mentioning or talking about....BIG time fraudster

Edited by tryinghard123