Notifications
Clear all

Help! What to do with these scars?

MemberMember
(@monikah56)

Posted : 12/17/2019 10:28 am

Hi all! 

Ive has acne since I was 14 and am now 32. As my mom nicely puts it, I™ve always had it. What was a few bumps here and there turned in to cystic acne in my late 20s and horrible outbreaks during pregnancy. My scarring is getting me down a lot. I tried microneedling and I feel it made dents and divots in my skin and brought out worse scarring on my right cheek. I remember when I was 18 and got the zits on my cheek but never once saw any of this scarring until I had my son and hit my 30s. Now I™m panicking. What would be a good treatment for me? My chin is the absolute worst. This doesn™t do it justice. I™ve got rolling scars all over the sides of my mouth due to that being the primary place I got cystic acne. 

My routine is I was my face with hydrating cleanser, use B5 HA serum for hydration, CerAVe PM and aquaphor over my face if I™m feeling dry or need a boost. I also use Tretinoin .025% every other night in addition to Spironolactone 50mg a day. I still get 1-2 zits a month but much better than the gigantic 8-10 a month while pregnant. 

I see Dr. Mandrea in Chicago, IL on February 21st. Id like to do subcision and filler for my right cheek and maybe my chin. A recommendation I got from this website. Thank you for your help in advance! 

DF175D20-DF50-48EE-9130-CB87C08C3E42.jpeg

B490FEE0-FFE7-4DF3-B825-002D46D68851.jpeg

MemberMember
(@joeysk)

Posted : 12/20/2019 10:57 pm

Image is blurry but looks like you have some deeper icepicks that TCA cross or phenol cross can help with. it's a more rarer technique butI recommend finding a phenol cross due to less scar widening, try calling around and see if they do it. Chicago is a big city so someone should be able to do it. Subcision and filler are a must too.