Notifications
Clear all

Not sure what acne is this

MemberMember
(@msarsar)

Posted : 12/16/2019 10:49 pm

Hello,

I am 21 and I have never broken out bad. I recently began getting acne on my forehead. This has been going on for a month now and I™m not sure what type of acne it is or how to cure it. If someone could help me I would really appreciate it. Thank you.

DC8F92FF-4769-40F7-BC74-421C2682A853.jpeg

MemberMember
(@nouchka98)

Posted : 12/17/2019 5:19 pm

Is your skin oily? Is it dry or itchy?

It could help me in order to try identifying the type of acne you have.

Msarsar liked
MemberMember
(@msarsar)

Posted : 12/17/2019 9:29 pm

The forehead it the only part that is itchy. My skin is neither dry or oily, it seems normal

MemberMember
(@nouchka98)

Posted : 12/18/2019 10:02 am

So this could be fungal acne. I am not an expert in this type of acne but there are a lot ofdiscussionsabout how to treat it in this site. You could go to check.

You have to stick to a regimen for at least 6 weeks to decide if it works or not.

If this does not work , maybe it is not fungal and you could try using glycolic acidin small percentages a few times a week followed by a gentle moisturiser.

MemberMember
(@msarsar)

Posted : 12/18/2019 5:02 pm

Thank you for getting back, Ive been doing research and have come across fungal acne as well. Do you believe any medication may have caused this? I started getting it after I told vitamin injections and anti-inflammation pills of which I have stopped taking after I noticed the breakouts. Ive heard dandruff shampoo is good but not sure. Thank you, again. Also, would I have to stick to the regimen? Im not used to using a lot of products since Ive only used water and Nivea since I was a kid.

MemberMember
(@nouchka98)

Posted : 12/18/2019 6:53 pm

Yes i have heard that fungal acne can be caused by oral medications. Anti fungal acne products do not seem to be complicated or expensive. Here is an article on this : https://theklog.co/what-is-fungal-acne/

as for the moisturiser, i sugest facetheory supergel m3 ( no fatty acids and not expensive) and cerave cleanser (very cheap).

and yes you HAVE to stick to a regimen before deciding if it works or not.

good luck (again i am not an expert on this, so check other forums about fungal acne)

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 07/15/2020 2:39 am

This looks like what I had when I was in my teens. I had it a little worse though, there was way more.

At the time I dealt with it by bombing the hell out my skin with Benzoyl Peroxide acne cream and Oxy (laying it on like a mask, I might add) This ruined my skin for years so I implore you not to go that route.

My advice would be to keep your hair away from your forehead (I had a bowl cut hairstyle, so that made it worse since I had greasy hair) Wash only with water or use a sulfur soap and use Hydrogen Peroxide as a spot treatment if needed. Don't pop, don't pick, don't squeeze, don't put anything else on it like moisturizer etc. Drink a lot of water and try to let it heal on its own, you'd be surprised at how your skin can repair itself when you aren't aggravating it with products!