Notifications
Clear all

Are these acne scars if so how do I treat them to go away or fade?

MemberMember
(@jimdevl)

Posted : 12/14/2019 3:26 pm

Added some more pictures.

Post image79315040_438110973810945_3772380865405911040_n.jpg.45cfbcd19516cf0043197731d5d42294.jpg

73249619_513564902584476_4905115358001627136_n.jpg

MemberMember
(@dodgerguy)

Posted : 12/14/2019 6:02 pm

Looks like you got boxcar, rolling, and some ice pick scars. You also got a lot of post inflammatory erythema and active acne, so you should treat all that redness and acne to before scar treatments. Skincare routine should have a mix in products with hydroquinone, niacinamide, kojic acid, and a retinol like Retin-A or Differin. I personally don't do hydroquinone because it always made my skin super red, but works for many people. As far as lasers go, Vbeam is the best to help with all the redness and can help with acne. You can move on to subcision and TCA or phenol CROSS for the scars once you active acne and redness subside.

MemberMember
(@jimdevl)

Posted : 12/15/2019 6:26 pm

On 12/14/2019 at 11:02 PM, dodgerguy said:

Looks like you got boxcar, rolling, and some ice pick scars. You also got a lot of post inflammatory erythema and active acne, so you should treat all that redness and acne to before scar treatments. Skincare routine should have a mix in products with hydroquinone, niacinamide, kojic acid, and a retinol like Retin-A or Differin. I personally don't do hydroquinone because it always made my skin super red, but works for many people. As far as lasers go, Vbeam is the best to help with all the redness and can help with acne. You can move on to subcision and TCA or phenol CROSS for the scars once you active acne and redness subside.

I see, how long do you think this might take take to clear up? I started acne treatment at the start of summer with antibiotics and now I am using moisturizer in the mornings and acnatac in the night.

MemberMember
(@skin-pessimist)

Posted : 12/15/2019 10:04 pm

3 hours ago, jimdevl said:

I see, how long do you think this might take take to clear up? I started acne treatment at the start of summer with antibiotics and now I am using moisturizer in the mornings and acnatac in the night.

Unfortunately, scars typically don't clear up their own. However, the treatments that poster mentioned can greatly reduce the appearance and severity of the scars. They can. It's best to space out treatments, as collagen remodeling and healing take time. You may see some improvement within a few months of the first treatment, but expecting miracle results straightaway is unrealistic

MemberMember
(@atrophica)

Posted : 12/18/2019 6:58 am

Vbeam is best for clearing the redness.
Acne is an inflammatory condition, you have to treat it first. In the presence of inflammation, new collagen cannot form.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 12/19/2019 9:31 pm

Honestly Vbeam is the fastest way to get rid of redness in scars. It's moderately expensive but a few sessions would lighten it up dramatically.

MemberMember
(@jimdevl)

Posted : 01/12/2020 7:49 pm

On 12/18/2019 at 11:58 AM, Atrophica said:

Vbeam is best for clearing the redness.
Acne is an inflammatory condition, you have to treat it first. In the presence of inflammation, new collagen cannot form.

i see any other cheaper alternative? Or time?

On 12/14/2019 at 11:02 PM, dodgerguy said:

I can't do VBEAM since its too pricey, but rn I use a mixture between a cream called acnatac in the night and acnecide in the morning. I take Alphane Zinc tablets, this is what my dermatologist said to do for the acne.

MemberMember
(@jimdevl)

Posted : 01/14/2020 7:07 pm

Ok so, I have been following my routine from the start of summer 2019 to now. Morning was face with a shampoo my dermatologist gave me(forgot the name), follow with  https://froika.com/en/portfolio/ac-lotion-f/  and then  https://froika.com/en/portfolio/ac-sal-peptide-cream/  but rarely when my skin is too dry a moisturizer. I then get one Alphane Zinc pill and done for the morning. Next before I go to sleep, I wash my face with the same shampoo I apply AC LOTION F and then I alternate each day between Acnatac and a benzoyl peroxide mix cream and then an Alphane Zinc pill. What else should I do? I feel like I have been taking Acnatac for a long time considering it is a prescribed cream. I was also thinking of getting a dermaroller just as an alternative to VBEAM since it is so costly for me rn.

82035161_463470584535531_2081728896994115584_n.jpg

81969725_534029557211954_2319270528679936000_n.jpg

MemberMember
(@superburrito)

Posted : 01/15/2020 7:57 am

Try adding a topicalNiacinamide to your routine for the PIE / redness. The Ordinary has a very affordable preparation.

You can also use a tinted moisturizer to help cancel out some of the redness overall.

MemberMember
(@jimdevl)

Posted : 01/15/2020 4:31 pm

8 hours ago, superburrito said:

Try adding a topicalNiacinamide to your routine for the PIE / redness. The Ordinary has a very affordable preparation.

You can also use a tinted moisturizer to help cancel out some of the redness overall.

I see, I will search for some topical niacinamide. And I mean from what it looks it is getting better slowly, I just want to know what should I do for the scars right now I am thinking they will fade away considering that I am 19 and I got acne the same time my brother did and he came out with minimal to no scarring.

MemberMember
(@superburrito)

Posted : 01/15/2020 5:25 pm

53 minutes ago, jimdevl said:

I see, I will search for some topical niacinamide. And I mean from what it looks it is getting better slowly, I just want to know what should I do for the scars right now I am thinking they will fade away considering that I am 19 and I got acne the same time my brother did and he came out with minimal to no scarring.

Great and good luck!

MemberMember
(@jimdevl)

Posted : 02/26/2020 7:06 pm

Its been more than a month following this routine and I just applied a cream. Seems like an improvement. But on the forehead I noticed a red line that looks like a wrinkle but I'm only 19 so I am thinking its from acne, does anyone know what it is?

IMG_20200227_000233.jpg

IMG_20200227_000225.jpg

IMG_20200227_000219.jpg

MemberMember
(@superburrito)

Posted : 02/27/2020 11:39 am

Definitely and improvement! Which Niacinamide cream did you end upusing?

The red line looks like a bit irritation, perhaps from your acne medication. Itll likely get better.Its an area that has a lot of natural movement, like when we when we raise our eyebrows, the forehead furrows.

MemberMember
(@jimdevl)

Posted : 02/28/2020 2:26 pm

On 2/27/2020 at 4:39 PM, superburrito said:

Definitely and improvement! Which Niacinamide cream did you end upusing?

The red line looks like a bit irritation, perhaps from your acne medication. Itll likely get better.Its an area that has a lot of natural movement, like when we when we raise our eyebrows, the forehead furrows.

Thank you so much for assuring me that it is improving! I am using Topicrem Compensation moisturizing cream that my dermatologist suggested. It is not a Niacinamide cream, so maybe I will switch it up when the bottle empties out just to try it. But I don't use the moisturizing cream that much, around once every week if that. I think it would be better if I used it more often, but not certain .