Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
CrashBash

Your opinions in infini rf microneedling

I just had my first session 4 weeks ago. It is very good but not anything that can instantly cure manage your expectations. Way better than regular micorneedling. You won't see final results until 5-6 weeks out. Induced more collagen and reduced my volume loss through my cheeks, made the scars lighter. If you have widespread scarring with volume loss, I would combine this with sculptra. Don't use an aggressive setting on the first go. Good results can be obtained without going on high setting. My technician used a moderate setting, She did 3 passes 2.5mm Medium, 2.25mm Low, 1.75mm Low with Auto setting on pulse duration (the milliseconds the needle will be in the skin). Having said that, you should do Subcsion and TCA cross first like myself. Do not jump right into it especially if you have deeper scarring. Sbucision combined with RF can produced better results than RF alone.    

I've had Genius RF done 3 times this past year.  Each session was done after subcision/Sculptra.

Agreed with joeysk; All of the info/studies I've read indicates better results if you combine RF with subcision/Sculptra.  

16 hours ago, slide. said:

I've had Genius RF done 3 times this past year.  Each session was done after subcision/Sculptra.

Agreed with joeysk; All of the info/studies I've read indicates better results if you combine RF with subcision/Sculptra.  

Hows your result with genius rf?

2 hours ago, christy1111 said:

Hows your result with genius rf?

I've used multiple modalities, so it is truly tough to gauge the results of just Genius RF alone.  With several sessions of subcision/Sculptra in combination to Genius, I've been happy with the results.  I will keep doing this combo, along with CROSS and peels. 

There is also evidence that RF can be beneficial about a month after injecting Sculptra so sequencing is important here as well!  

Also I will say, in the past before I had any subcisions/filler, I've done a series of another RF needling procedure and results for scarring were very minimal.

I did 5 sessions of infini after several sessions of subcision (this was over a few years so I lost count, but I think it's 7). Infini RF works way better than any lasers I had tried, and believe me I had tried loads. The downside is, you don't know if it really works until 6 months after. My derm told me to do 3 - 5 intensive sessions, at leasta month rest in between each session. I chose to do 5 of course because I'm an overachiever ;D

The last session I did was in July 2019. There were almost no result for a while and I was cursing Lutronic and their mothers when one day I notice some time early December 2019 my skin became all of a suddenly improved. Some scars have filled up very well. Don't get me wrong, my scars are still visible under direct harsh light, but I know that's something that cannot be totally solved. My apologies to Lutronic, they have done well. Also my amazing derm who I've been visiting since 2003. 

I will probably be continuing twice a year regime with Infini (or if my derm brings in Genius) for maintenance. 

Edited by SkinnyStrong

SkinnyStrong,

Have you noticed any thinning of your dermis after all those sessions of Infini? If it will shrink the skin horizontally (they tout it as "skin tightening"), it will also shrink it vertically.

After all the treatments I have done since 1993 I am worried about how much thinner it will make my dermis which is already pretty thin compared to youth and thinning with previous treatments.

I think I will be sticking with derminator and more frequent application of tazarotene from now on. 

Age 56 now and still wish for more improvement! I am in the region of diminishing returns at this point but hope never dies.

To be fair halo laser did make marked improvement but only one one side of my face.

2 hours ago, arug said:

SkinnyStrong,

Have you noticed any thinning of your dermis after all those sessions of Infini? If it will shrink the skin horizontally (they tout it as "skin tightening"), it will also shrink it vertically.

After all the treatments I have done since 1993 I am worried about how much thinner it will make my dermis which is already pretty thin compared to youth and thinning with previous treatments.

I think I will be sticking with derminator and more frequent application of tazarotene from now on. 

Age 56 now and still wish for more improvement! I am in the region of diminishing returns at this point but hope never dies.

To be fair halo laser did make marked improvement but only one one side of my face.

I have not noticed. Interestingly, I feel my skin feels thicker, not thinner. But who knows, I may notice it as the years go by, as of now, I see no issue.

Indeed, hope never dies.