Notifications
Clear all

Accutane 6th month - BREAKING OUT SO BAD

MemberMember
(@kennah)

Posted : 12/09/2019 8:36 pm

I'm so frustrated! Has anyone still been breaking out at 6 months of Accutane, but then cleared up in Month 7 and 8? Itook it when I was 19, then 25. Both times it cleared up completely within a few months, but acne came back. After the second time,spirno and bc kept me clear until a few years ago. Its slowly worse and worse so back on Accutane at 41. But this time Im finishing up month six and still breaking out SO BAD! I have moments of almost clearing then break out. Right now I'm probably the worst i've been in several weeks,I have two cysts healing on one cheek, two new ones on theother, one healing on forehead, and two to three small pimples for a nice little bonus. Im at a lost.

My doctor has me going two more months but wondering if there is even a point. I'm at high doses and on it for so long, can someone get immune to it?(my doses this time by month 60, 80, 80, 80, 80 and to 100 this last month). Cannot figure out why Im not clearing. Wasnt sure i would stay clear but never thought in a million years I would be siting here a week away from hitting month 6 and not be clear.

MemberMember
(@kennah)

Posted : 12/11/2019 11:29 pm

Bump

MemberMember
(@musicgal)

Posted : 12/22/2019 3:38 pm

On 12/9/2019 at 7:36 PM, kennah said:

I'm so frustrated! Has anyone still been breaking out at 6 months of Accutane, but then cleared up in Month 7 and 8? Itook it when I was 19, then 25. Both times it cleared up completely within a few months, but acne came back. After the second time,spirno and bc kept me clear until a few years ago. Its slowly worse and worse so back on Accutane at 41. But this time Im finishing up month six and still breaking out SO BAD! I have moments of almost clearing then break out. Right now I'm probably the worst i've been in several weeks,I have two cysts healing on one cheek, two new ones on theother, one healing on forehead, and two to three small pimples for a nice little bonus. Im at a lost.

My doctor has me going two more months but wondering if there is even a point. I'm at high doses and on it for so long, can someone get immune to it?(my doses this time by month 60, 80, 80, 80, 80 and to 100 this last month). Cannot figure out why Im not clearing. Wasnt sure i would stay clear but never thought in a million years I would be siting here a week away from hitting month 6 and not be clear.

How much fat are you eating with each dose? It is insane, but you really need 50 mg fat for absorption.

There are people for whom it took much longer, even 2 years ending at 200 mg. They always had either trigger issues with dairy ( like tons of whey protein daily for body building), or the drug was not being absorbed. At six months low dose, I still have major nodulistic lesions all over, but it is clearly working- sebum/oil has stopped ( huge change,) and the lesions are healing much faster with hydrocolloid patches.

We older folks have so much garbage to get rid of in our skin, that it takes longer.

BTW, Recent statements by leading researchers and doctors have pointed out that we cannot have Nodulo-Cystic acne. A cyst requires an epithelial lining, and these sites/lesions don't have one.Therefore, they state that cystic acne doesn't exist- only nodular acne. I thought the worst of my " purge," were cysts , but thee thirty lesions are filled with painful nodules , very deep but standalone, or adjoined into a plaque.9

MemberMember
(@leelowe1)

Posted : 12/24/2019 12:30 pm

I have taken accutaneseveral times and in my experience, it was less effective the older i was when taking it. As the previous poster stated, make sure you are taking enough fat. Also, since BC worked for you for a period of time, the main culprit in your acne may be hormonal in which case, accutane would not be as effective. How are other factors in your life such as:

stress

diet

lifestyle

Sometimes it takes a more rounded approach to begin to chip away at the enigma that is acne.

Hang in there. I'm 36 and still breaking out (currently broken out all over my right chin).

MemberMember
(@kennah)

Posted : 12/27/2019 12:51 am

Thanks to you to have for responding. I may on Absorica which doesnt require to be taken with food. I may need to try the no dairy! I was told it would still work for even hormonal acne. But who knows. Ugh!!

MemberMember
(@kennah)

Posted : 04/02/2023 4:11 pm

I finally cleared after going off of accutane and going back on spirnolactone and onexton! Been pretty clear for three years on this set up.

ania-mdg liked