1 week in, need som...

Notifications
Clear all

1 week in, need some advices

MemberMember
(@tahaz)

Posted : 12/07/2019 9:17 pm

Hello everyone. I™m just 1 week inside the regimen and it™s been working great, however i have some questions. I was already doing a treatment with adapalene, so i™ve started with mid finger length already, and 3 days after went full finger length. I™m doing the regimen twice a day, in the morning and before sleep. This first week was okay because i didn™t had to leave my house for anything at all, so i wasn™t worried about the sun (i live in Brasil). However, the following weeks i™m gonna need to go out, so here™s my question: How to use the sunscream with the regimen? Do i need to be scared of sunburns? Because today (no BP, no Moisturizer, no sunscream) i was in the sun for 10 minutes more or less and there are some spots that i felt burned, even looks more darker in the mirror.

My questions:

Do i apply the sunscream after the moisturizer dry out?

Do i have to be hiding from the sun when doing this regimen? Even with sunscream?

Thanks. :)

MemberMember
(@heyyjml)

Posted : 12/07/2019 10:34 pm

Here is what I grabbed from a specific page involving the regimen and sunscreen. If you want to know more about what sunscreen you should be using while in your way to clear skin, again I got you with this link and talks a whole lot about it =>  https://www.acne.org/spf-sunscreen.html

"Using Sunscreen with The Regimen

The Regimen, which is a 3-step routine that reliably clears the skin, requires the use of benzoyl peroxide, which is a drying and peeling agent. In order to stay acne-free, it is important to get the skin back into moisture balance after applying benzoyl peroxide. Physical sunscreens, while not pore-clogging in themselves, tend to be intensely drying. Most people find that applying zinc oxide or titanium dioxide based sunscreens simply leaves the skin too dry and flaky after benzoyl peroxide. 

From Dan: My sunscreen of choice currently is Banana Boat Sport Performance Active Dry Protect SPF 15, Very Water/Sweat Resistant*. That's a mouthful. But it is a chemical sunscreen so it I can avoid the whitening and drying of zinc oxide or titanium dioxide sunscreens, and it doesn't seem to give me a big problem with breakouts, plus I give it a thumbs up for staying put throughout the day and not stinging my eyes too bad. *Acne.org is not associated with Banana Boat in any way." 

I can answer you one thing, depending on your skin color, if you are on the lighter skin category, don't be exposed to the sun for more than 10-20 minutes. If you are on the darker skin category, don't be exposed to the sun for longer than 20-30 minutes. I would personally recommend you to avoid exposure to the sun when you can. Maybe a hat you can use and all. 

Since you are using other treatment to clear acne, and usually using the regimen alone is the safest way to clear your skin, I hope in the end it works out for you :)

tahaz liked
MemberMember
(@tahaz)

Posted : 12/08/2019 1:02 am

Hey man thanks for the reply! Didnt found this page in the website, thanks for pointing out. I think i was misunderstood, i wasusing adapelene but after i started with the regimen i'm only using the regimen stuff.

Is there an specific area in this forum were i can keep posting my progress with the regimen?

MemberMember
(@heyyjml)

Posted : 12/08/2019 9:06 am

I don't know everything about the website, however I got three for you so far, and I don't know which you prefer but here. One is strictly keeping logs of your acne whilst on being on the regimen and not just yours, you can see other people with how far they have improved in the process of getting a clear skin.  https://www.acne.org/forums/forum/35-the-acneorg-regimen-logs/

Another way to show your progress with the regimen would be creating a blog and not just only that, you can see others with their blog however it isn't just about them keeping track with the regimen. Others keep track on other things they're using to clear up their acne like their journey with Accutane. So this one is mixed with a lot of things but the goal is to keep others ( or themselves) posted with how far they have come.  https://www.acne.org/blogs/

Lastly, you can keep track and sharing it to others by uploading pictures of ur skin and only if you're okay with that. Some people find it comfortable that way :) https://www.acne.org/gallery/

I hope this helps :D 

tahaz liked