Notifications
Clear all

Fluoride

MemberMember
(@johnskitty)

Posted : 12/07/2019 3:11 am

I have reduced the amount of fluoride in my diet and my acne has almost completely gone. My water supply has no addedfluoride.

I believe by changing my toothpaste and not consuming food and drink that have high levels of fluoride such as tea, potatoes and grapes has been the reason for my success over the last fourweeks. Previously, I was getting approx 5 new spots a day, but now some days none and maybe a couple a week and only small ones.

Hoping this may help others.

MemberMember
(@mboona)

Posted : 05/13/2020 10:26 pm

That's great. But I don't see a direct correlation for me. When I was living in Asia, I only drank bottled water and my country had no flouride in the water. Here in California, there's tons of flouride. The breakouts are the same and only on my chin occasionally.

MemberMember
(@foodforthought)

Posted : 05/14/2020 3:11 pm

I agree, I found no connection between fluoride and my acne. A similar story to the poster above, except I had the worst acne in Asia (due to air pollution and environmental stress) when I wasn't consuming any fluoride, including switching toothpaste. Now I cannot avoid consuming loads and my skin is clear.