Notifications
Clear all

Post Subcision

MemberMember
(@tortuga)

Posted : 12/05/2019 7:03 am

Hello,

I am on day 3 of my first subsicion treatment. Everything looks pretty good, some swelling and bruising still. We did use a Nokor needle with protein based filler. My concern is, two nodules that seem very swollen, that are now giving me appearance of "jowels". I put an email into my Dr, I will talk to him in the morning. I know its only day three, but I would easily take scars over jowels lol. I'm using ice packs, antibiotics, ibuprofren for anti inflammatory and arnicare cream. Thoughts?

jowels1.jpg

jowels2.jpg

MemberMember
(@vidrar)

Posted : 12/05/2019 6:36 pm

Happened to me too, took about 3 weeks to go away. You should be fine. I'm not a fan of Nokor tho, it's outdated and unnecessary overkill. Cannula is becoming more and more popular.

MemberMember
(@tortuga)

Posted : 12/05/2019 6:57 pm

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I found the cannula option a little too late. But the swelling has gone down alot today. So I can tell these nodules are just hematomas. I'm bruised up pretty good.

MemberMember
(@daelz7)

Posted : 12/07/2019 1:14 am

On 12/5/2019 at 5:57 PM, Tortuga said:

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I found the cannula option a little too late. But the swelling has gone down alot today. So I can tell these nodules are just hematomas. I'm bruised up pretty good.

it took me about 10-13 days to heal from bruises completely. however nokor it takes a bit more ...maybe 21-30 days?

MemberMember
(@dodgerguy)

Posted : 12/08/2019 10:45 pm

Arnica pellets can help. I purchased some on Amazon and helped with bruising/swelling from subcision the first two times I got it. Cold pack can also help. Nice hat.