Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Tortuga

Post Subcision

Hello,

I am on day 3 of my first subsicion treatment. Everything looks pretty good, some swelling and bruising still. We did use a Nokor needle with protein based filler. My concern is, two nodules that seem very swollen, that are now giving me appearance of "jowels". I put an email into my Dr, I will talk to him in the morning. I know its only day three, but I would easily take scars over jowels lol. I'm using ice packs, antibiotics, ibuprofren for anti inflammatory and arnicare cream. Thoughts?

jowels1.jpg

jowels2.jpg

Happened to me too, took about 3 weeks to go away. You should be fine. I'm not a fan of Nokor tho, it's outdated and unnecessary overkill. Cannula is becoming more and more popular.

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I found the cannula option a little too late. But the swelling has gone down alot today. So I can tell these nodules are just hematomas. I'm bruised up pretty good.

On 12/5/2019 at 5:57 PM, Tortuga said:

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I found the cannula option a little too late. But the swelling has gone down alot today. So I can tell these nodules are just hematomas. I'm bruised up pretty good.

it took me about 10-13 days to heal from bruises completely. however nokor it takes a bit more ...maybe 21-30 days?

Arnica pellets can help. I purchased some on Amazon and helped with bruising/swelling from subcision the first two times I got it. Cold pack can also help. Nice hat. 

Edited by dodgerguy