Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

im 150 pounds and my doctor has had me just taking 40 mgs of accutane a day, and ive been doing that for 3 months, and ill stay on that dose for 5 months and then im off accutane, its working for now, but because of the low dose will my acne come back?

also, i wanted to get a tattoo, but is that a serious no no?

I will ask my doctor, but im curiuous if anyone else has gotten a tattoo while on accutane, and would my low dose make it a possibility?

Thx for the help!

ps: my doctor said there is a minimal risk a keloid scar could form and its up to me if i want to risk it, any thoughts?

im 150 pounds and my doctor has had me just taking 40 mgs of accutane a day, and ive been doing that for 3 months, and ill stay on that dose for 5 months, its working for now, but because of the low dose will my acne come back?

also, i wanted to get a tattoo, but is that a serious no no?

I will ask my doctor, but im curiuous if anyone else has gotten a tattoo while on accutane, and would my low dose make it a possibility?

Thx for the help!

Everyone on this forum and dermatologists included have varying opinions regarding low dose vs. high dose of Accutane. Personally, I opted for a low dose after suffering a terrible breakout when the doctor upped me. The thing with Accutane is that the dose needs to be cummulative so relax and don't push ahead too fast.

As far as a tatoo...ummm....NO! Your skin is incredibly fragile and unless you want to: (a) risk infection; (b) ruin pretty good artwork due to your body's slow healing ability; or © all of the above, I wouldn't get a tatoo. Again, relax. The tatoo artist will still be there when you are ready.