Notifications
Clear all

For individuals who have had subcisions done

MemberMember
(@daelz7)

Posted : 11/29/2019 3:13 pm

did you get better results after the 1st , 2nd or 3rd sessions of subcisions? . :). would love to know.

MemberMember
(@vidrar)

Posted : 11/29/2019 6:27 pm

1st subcision usually yields most immediate result. But, scars might re-tether and need to go back in there.

MemberMember
(@daelz7)

Posted : 11/29/2019 11:10 pm

4 hours ago, Vidrar said:

1st subcision usually yields most immediate result. But, scars might re-tether and need to go back in there.

So after the second or third one the likeliness of rethethering goes down?

MemberMember
(@vidrar)

Posted : 11/30/2019 12:28 am

1 hour ago, daelz7 said:

So after the second or third one the likeliness of rethethering goes down?

To reduce tethering, filler is recommended. I've done subcision without filler, and had good success. Either way, re-tethering is a possible. A realistic goal should be 50-75% improvement, then you can RF needle and Laser for surface scarring.

MemberMember
(@hlp334)

Posted : 11/30/2019 2:02 am

Subcision also stimulatescollagen production. Everyones case is different so Id recommend PMing beautifulambition with angled lighting picturesand they can help you out with a treatment plan. For me, I was recommended 4-8 subcisions and Ill definitely being doing close to the high end ofthat. Like Vidrar said above, filler and cupping is recommended for long term results. I tried cupping but since my scarring is widespread its just not practical for my day to day so Im doing HA filler. Its more expensive but I found Ive gotten best results on the spots I did filler on. Its temporary but they havent gone backdown to the extent they were before. The filler also helps you to not obsess over the indents as much, so its worth it in my opinion.

MemberMember
(@shei514)

Posted : 11/30/2019 12:12 pm

20 hours ago, daelz7 said:

did you get better results after the 1st , 2nd or 3rd sessions of subcisions? . :). would love to know.

I have had at least ten subcisions done at this point or a little less. The more subcisions, usually the better the outcome and combined with filler you can get excellent results. I have a lot of tethered scars and subcision is perfect for those scars. Every case is different so you might not need a lot of subcision.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 12/01/2019 4:30 am

I've seen results from my first subcision on some scars. They lifted wonderfully. Others not so much. The result is cumulative they say. I've done 3 so far and I'll do at least 3 more with fillers.

MemberMember
(@dodgerguy)

Posted : 12/03/2019 8:45 pm

Great results after subcision #2 because I used filler that time. I did sculptra with subcision #3 four months later. Depends on the person as some may need to do it many times.

MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 12/04/2019 6:06 pm

Have done 5 so far. No results after Subs with Chu( Doing Subs with Emil,(2) it seems like some smallimprovement but not sure...Will continue... not much else to do..

MemberMember
(@hlp334)

Posted : 12/04/2019 6:46 pm

@Sibelhave you tried it with filler? I think most get the best long term results by combining subcision and filler.

MemberMember
(@daelz7)

Posted : 12/05/2019 12:01 am

so in one of the scars that I had , a rolling scar, ive noticed that I see some filling in ..its gradual but i deff see something. my subcision was august the 2nd. pls see pic ( pls admire my art lol :D)

should I get a 2nd subcision in jan or wait till march or april??

scarlol.png

On 12/3/2019 at 7:45 PM, dodgerguy said:

Great results after subcision #2 because I used filler that time. I did sculptra with subcision #3 four months later. Depends on the person as some may need to do it many times.

yeah im guessing im in for a long ride. 

On 11/30/2019 at 11:12 AM, shei514 said:

I have had at least ten subcisions done at this point or a little less. The more subcisions, usually the better the outcome and combined with filler you can get excellent results. I have a lot of tethered scars and subcision is perfect for those scars. Every case is different so you might not need a lot of subcision. 

did you notice any differences in the outcome with nokor or cannula needles ? and wow ten is alot , I hope you are happy with you results ! :)

MemberMember
(@slide-2)

Posted : 12/12/2019 5:17 pm

I've had 4 subcisions so far and I'd say I saw the most improvement on the 2nd when Sculptra was injected. That is not to say I didn't see any improvement on the first, though. I will have my 5th done next month. As someone stated above, results are cumulative.

MemberMember
(@jazzypunctuation)

Posted : 12/13/2019 7:12 am

I had two courses of subcision combined with RF needling and TCA cross. After the second course, I noticed my scars were less deep and they were more smoothed out. It's hard to tell which treatment was the most effective though...

MemberMember
(@sibel)

Posted : 12/15/2019 2:17 pm

Yes with the filler certainly. First 2 were without it and no improvement at all.

MemberMember
(@skinnystrong)

Posted : 12/30/2019 8:05 am

Your results would get less dramatic, and almost none after a certain number. It's different for everyone because of the depth, size and type of scar. Mine was my 7th.