Notifications
Clear all

Completely lost hope

MemberMember
(@needhelpwithscars)

Posted : 11/23/2019 5:41 am

Hi everyone Im new here Ive already contacted BA and hes already replied with a plan which Im very grateful for.

Anyway I would like other peoples opinion on how my scars look.Please be completely honest. People around me tell me they hardly notice and their not flat out severe. Thanks everyone! Hope you have a good!

MemberMember
(@superburrito)

Posted : 11/23/2019 11:48 am

Agree that your scarring in mild relative to the severe cases that have been posted on here in the past. They definitely do not make you look ugly!

Currently, you have very little hyperpigmentation issues, and your skin complexion looks very even, so that helps to make the scars less noticeable.

I see mostly shallowboxcars and icepicks, so youd probably benefit from CROSS. The side effect is that you might get temporary hyperpigmentation so it could make the scars look worse for awhile.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/23/2019 2:01 pm

I would say you've got mild to moderate scarring. You can try to improve it but don't focus too much. Enjoy your life.

MemberMember
(@joeysk)

Posted : 11/23/2019 4:30 pm

Really you look great. If you stretch your face out do they go away? I see some depth in some of them and doing a few sessions of phenol cross can help significantly. I would definitelystart with phenol cross with 6-8 weeks in between. Phenol is better than TCA, as TCA can cause scar widening. Call around, email where you live and see if they do it, Rullan has trained so many docs on how to do it you should find one.

MemberMember
(@superburrito)

Posted : 11/23/2019 5:08 pm

@joeyskI'm really curious who the other doctors are who do Phenol CROSS. I've only done it with Dr Rullan, and I thought he was the only one that does it! All the other doctors use TCA, which is just too risky for me to try.

MemberMember
(@dazzed)

Posted : 11/23/2019 9:22 pm

It's not that bad at all. We've all seen much, much more severe cases on here.

MemberMember
(@californiakid)

Posted : 11/24/2019 1:53 am

I don't think your scarring is terrible. Definitely not the worst I've seen.

MemberMember
(@hsd87)

Posted : 11/24/2019 8:36 am

15 hours ago, superburrito said:

@joeyskI'm really curious who the other doctors are who do Phenol CROSS. I've only done it with Dr Rullan, and I thought he was the only one that does it! All the other doctors use TCA, which is just too risky for me to try.

What's the difference? Do they both frost and form a scab etc.?

MemberMember
(@superburrito)

Posted : 11/24/2019 11:08 am

@hsd87Phenol is safer in that it does not cause the scar towiden, and there is less risk of pigmentation issues. So far, I have only done Phenol, and only with Dr Rullan, so would be interested to learn who else does this.

MemberMember
(@acnesux77)

Posted : 11/24/2019 1:17 pm

Duuude thats hardly anything man! I mean theyre not even that deep! I have severe scarring on my face which is way worst than yours! Relax, I reckon chemical peels will help you fade those.

Best of luck mate

MemberMember
(@dodgerguy)

Posted : 11/24/2019 6:45 pm

You look good! Of course you can do treatments that have been mentioned throughout this website, but it can be never ending, costly, and could make things worse.

MemberMember
(@lavenderhummingbird)

Posted : 11/24/2019 11:13 pm

Doesn't look too bad to me! I'm sure it's more noticeable to you than it would be for other people, since you see it every day in the mirror, but I've seen much worse. My acne scars are a bit like yours, and I've learned to get used to it. There are plenty of treatments that would probably help make them a little smaller but for me, it's not worth the money. Besides, in a way, it shows what you've been through with acne struggles and that you've made it through it!

Best of luck if you decide to go through with scar treatments!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/24/2019 11:58 pm

12 hours ago, superburrito said:

@hsd87Phenol is safer in that it does not cause the scar towiden, and there is less risk of pigmentation issues. So far, I have only done Phenol, and only with Dr Rullan, so would be interested to learn who else does this.

Oh that's so interesting. And is it safe? Why don't moredoctors offer phenol instead of tca cross then? Do you know what % phenol acid dr rullan uses?

MemberMember
(@superburrito)

Posted : 11/25/2019 12:47 am

@JenSteliDr Rullan uses 89% for the percentage. As far as I know, it is safe, but this is dependent on the expertise of the practitioner. I have had it done four times now and have not had any major complications itself. Very little pigmentation issues, and the scars to do not look bigger afters, which is common with TCA.

I do regularly use prescription topicals such as Tretinoin, so this also helps prevent pigmentation issues.

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/25/2019 1:20 am

@superburritothank you so much for the information.This is really interesting toknow.

All the best with your treatments. Hope you see the results you are hoping for 🙂