Jump to content
Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest

Has anyone had laser treatment with the laser guru Dr. Hussein from DrHConsult in London?

Guest

Hello, 

I am thinking about seeing Dr. Hussein in London for acne scar treatment after a strong recommendation from beautifulambition.

I've looked at his website and Instagram page and found some amazing before/after photos of fully ablative laser resurfacing for acne scars. 

But when I tried to find reviews of people treated by him on this forum I found....nothing...not a single journal of treatment with him. Am I doing something wrong with the search, or if not where are his reviews??

Do you know anyone here treated by him for acne scars? Can you help me out with my research? 

I have high hopes in this doctor and laser resurfacing but I am also a bit afraid as it is a very aggressive treatment. 

Thank you in advance

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

From my understanding of acne scars over the past few years, lasers should be the very last thing you do (to smooth things out), so depending on your scars I wouldn't waste your money on him yet - hes very expensive.

I made this mistake when I spent £2k on laser with Dr Patel a few years ago and had 0 improvement. 

If you have indents then look at other treatments first e.g. subcision.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
34 minutes ago, hsd87 said:

From my understanding of acne scars over the past few years, lasers should be the very last thing you do (to smooth things out), so depending on your scars I wouldn't waste your money on him yet - hes very expensive.

I made this mistake when I spent £2k on laser with Dr Patel a few years ago and had 0 improvement. 

If you have indents then look at other treatments first e.g. subcision.

I was recommended laser doctors because I have some raised scarring on my chin, besides the indended on my cheeks. Lasers could help with that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

I haven't had treatment at the clinic. Yet. However, you can book in a consultation (he offers video consultations if you live outside the UK) and ask to talk to patients, who've had the same treatments before. Reputable clinics are usually very helpful and can assist you with that. There is a consultation fee, though.

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Thank you 

13 hours ago, NuageBlanche said:

I haven't had treatment at the clinic. Yet. However, you can book in a consultation (he offers video consultations if you live outside the UK) and ask to talk to patients, who've had the same treatments before. Reputable clinics are usually very helpful and can assist you with that. There is a consultation fee, though.

 

 

Anyone else? 

Anyone treated by Dr. Hussein? Seen a thread or know someone treated by him, at least ? 

It just cannot be. ZERO reviews. The doctor has been treating acne scars for at least 2 years now. 

He is recommended by BeautifulAmbition as "the best".

The doctor himself claims through his skill and aggressive surgical lasers he gets the results for scars  most doctors with conservative methods don't. 

So WHERE are those results I would like to know, from neutral people? 

Thanks in advance 

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The laser can not go deep enough to treat the deep scars/holes. A lot of people experienced that with the number of different lasers. With 0 result(me too). Aggressive surgical??? So the chance of aside affects like new scars are even higher. You never know how your skin willl heal after that. You need to lift the bottom of the scars and this is detailed job working with the Cannula or the needle under each! Scar. With the laser you just burn the whole area in hope that it will reheal in better way. But it does Not! It stays the same. As I mentioned before one of the surgeons who uses Co2 told me that 30% was the maximum improvement I could expect. Or less because of my individual skin healing..or zero because of no response...or aside effects if the inner layers were too damaged... I played this game 6 times all together in the past years believing that the more strong the treatment was the more result I could get. But No. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Hi Sibel, thank you for your reply and for sharing your experience with lasers.

So, you too like other people here had disappointing results with co2, truly sorry to hear it. 

You are absolutely right. It's interesting that people seem to get results from less aggressive manual treatments. I am going to see Dr. Emil for those. 

 I am still trying to speak to people who have had treatments with Dr. H., but I'm more inclined now to wait and see ( the clinic where he works unfortunately has massively bad reviews on Google ) or to have deep peel with Dr. Rullan instead. At least there are well-documented results with that.

All the best with your treatments!

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
6 hours ago, Sibel said:

The laser can not go deep enough to treat the deep scars/holes. A lot of people experienced that with the number of different lasers. With 0 result(me too). Aggressive surgical??? So the chance of aside affects like new scars are even higher. You never know how your skin willl heal after that. You need to lift the bottom of the scars and this is detailed job working with the Cannula or the needle under each! Scar. With the laser you just burn the whole area in hope that it will reheal in better way. But it does Not! It stays the same. As I mentioned before one of the surgeons who uses Co2 told me that 30% was the maximum improvement I could expect. Or less because of my individual skin healing..or zero because of no response...or aside effects if the inner layers were too damaged... I played this game 6 times all together in the past years believing that the more strong the treatment was the more result I could get. But No. 

 

 

6 hours ago, Sibel said:

As I mentioned before one of the surgeons who uses Co2 told me that 30% was the maximum improvement I could expect. Or less because of my individual skin healing..or zero because of no response...or aside effects if the inner layers were too damaged... 

 

Do they offer a refund/partial refund if you get 0 results not to mention if you suffer damage from the laser? Or say it's your fault - you heal poorly? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Certainly they all blame my individual poor healing skin ability) or started to argue quite aggressively that I imagined that... nobody ever offered a refund! 

Edited by Sibel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

@SibelYeah if they did offer s refund they'd get literally no money in and that "big gun" toy would never pay itself!!

Thank you very much for your insights about lasers and also deep phenol peels. I am new to researching the treatments and I'm literally jumping at everything that promises good improvement only to get disappointed after some more detailed research. :((

30% improvement in the best case scenario after aggressive ablative co2 laser is not a good deal, especially if you consider that most acne sufferers get 0 results. 

 

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

@neofox aren't they? If he can achieve those results...but right now I've decided to wait and see. I just don't have enough information to make an informed decision and take the risk of such aggressive treatment. 

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

If you believe only photos you are not doing your research properly. The question is what interval after the procedure the afters are taken. If it's too soon you see the effect of microswelling. But it goes down in a couple of weeks and offen the scars re-appear. It's best to assess before/afters in 3 months intervalls to see if there are permanent results. 

I've heard a lot of BS about before/afters. Watch out. There are people with vested interest in making you do numbers of treatments, often very expensive treatments with dubious doctors. 0 results. 

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Thank you. All the best with the recovery. Please let us know what results you got in 3 months 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

From my understanding, lasers should be performed as a last step in the scar treatment, after manual methods have elevated the scars as much as possible.

I am also researching lasers. Maybe they can improve the texture if nothing else. I'm also interested in dr H but for now will wait too. 

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, acne_skin_queen said:

I am currently a few weeks out from a procedure with Dr H. All obvious swelling has gone but I'm still waiting till the 3 month mark to pass judgement on my results. I expect my scars to reemerge to some extent once the micro-swelling is gone as currently there are no visible scars at all.  While I hope it stays the way it is currently, I am realistic in thinking that this will not be the case.  But I will be happy with 30% and ecstatic at 50%. Plus my new lack of crow's feet is a bonus haha (ageing sucks). 

Therefore I can only really comment on him and the process so far.  Very nice man, I felt very reassured during the procedure, excellent aftercare, he is in touch everyday with the patient while they recover. You have to send him photos via whatsapp. All aftercare products are included apart from the prescription drugs which he gives you a script to purchase prior to the treatment. 

Of course he will recommend laser as that is his speciality...

what procedure did you have with him?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Looked at DR H's instagram (drHconsult that is, not the skn clinics one), I'm pretty unimpressed. I mean all professionals use flattering photo skills, but his are a joke. The use of shadowing is so blatant it makes the before and afters utterly redundant. Embarrassing really. Simultaneously amateur and arrogant.

Edited by kman101

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
7 hours ago, kman101 said:

Looked at DR H's instagram (drHconsult that is, not the skn clinics one), I'm pretty unimpressed. I mean all professionals use flattering photo skills, but his are a joke. The use of shadowing is so blatant it makes the before and afters utterly redundant. Embarrassing really. Simultaneously amateur and arrogant.

It just looks too good to be true, doesn't it? Usually when something looks too good to be true, it is not. Looks like marketing to me.

 

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Hello

I am still trying to chat with somebody who's had treatments with Dr. H. here and on Instagram but I haven't been very successful. The girl on Insta I wrote didn't want to talk about it. Here I got a couple of pm's from people who've had treatments with him, but no details as to what treatments exactly. I know that a lady with tethered scars had 0 improvement with him. And I wrote to a guy with bad scarring, also a current patient of his, but no answer. It seems as though nobody is very talkative about the procedures with Dr H. for some reason

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

@kman101 yeah, that's what doesn't seem quite legit to me. Anyone with basic knowledge in photography will tell you that the photos look 'touched'. Different angles, different lighting and the before photo of the last post on Insta the scars just look soooo unrealistic.

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@JenSteli it is this website that promotes dr h consults as an expert in laser treatments. in BAs handbook dr h consult is mentioned. 

 

where is @beautifulambition it’s weird that they r no longer posting. 

On 12/2/2019 at 1:07 AM, JenSteli said:

Hello

I am still trying to chat with somebody who's had treatments with Dr. H. here and on Instagram but I haven't been very successful. The girl on Insta I wrote didn't want to talk about it. Here I got a couple of pm's from people who've had treatments with him, but no details as to what treatments exactly. I know that a lady with tethered scars had 0 improvement with him. And I wrote to a guy with bad scarring, also a current patient of his, but no answer. It seems as though nobody is very talkative about the procedures with Dr H. for some reason

who did u write to and why would they not wanna talk? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest

Hello @tarajia13 I wrote to a few people who answered to this thread in a pm, some who I heard that that had treatments with Dr H and a girl, a patient of his on Instagram. Not many actually. But I didn't learn much about the dr or the procedures. Why is that so I don't know. But it's ok.  I respect if people don't want to share about their scar treatments. Not everybody wants to post a journey thread or share much. I understand that.

Unfortunately I cannot make an informed decision about whether or not I should have see Dr. H. when there's so little info. 

Edited by Guest

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i dont understand where he came from, its like he suddenly appeared out of nowhere with all these amazing results

 

it seems a bit fishy to me

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Personalized Advice Quiz - All of Acne.org in just a few minutes


×