Notifications
Clear all

Cystic acne gone!

MemberMember
(@billytannen)

Posted : 11/20/2019 7:20 pm

After a long battle with adult cystic acne, I am happy to say that I have found the cure for myself. My breakouts were mainly between my lower lip and my chin and also on the jaw line. I hope that you can use this information to help you

Things I cut from my diet/life:

- dairy

- cashews (this was a huge contributoras I had NO clue cashews would be contributing. I ate cashew cheese almost everyday)

- chocolate

- tomato sauce... especially heated tomato sauce (sliced tomatoes are fine)

- any sauce where you can see the oil (chicken tikki masala, for example)

- potato chips (the only chips I eat now are blue corn without salt)

- masturbation (not completely... but more than twice a week caused flare ups)

If I slip up and have any of the above, within a day, I'll feel a breakout coming on. To combat this, a small dab of Differin gel on the affected area will help to treat. Washing with a daily cleanser only dried out my skin... no matter how gentle it claimed to be.

That's it. Figuring out that combination took forever, but it's paid off for me. I really hope that this helps someone else.

Good luck!

(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/21/2019 2:28 am

It makes sense that you're seeing success, it turns out that for many people, just cutting dairy from the diet is enough to see major results. I personally also have 100% success with no acne but on a much more restricted diet(just eating meat and eggs) and I also don't use any products on my face.

However, you should also know that you probably haven't cured acne, but just confirmed that your body doesn't know how to dealwith some types of food(aka food sensitivity), and in theory, the longer you ignore theunderlying issue, with time, your body is going to be sensitive to even more food.

But anyway, this is a great start, good luck on your journey!