Notifications
Clear all

Post TCA products to buy?

MemberMember
(@swen)

Posted : 11/17/2019 5:31 pm

I have a subcision and CROSS with rullan this next week and want to have all my products before the procedure so I dont have to see people looking like that :p

Im guessing aquaphor or Vaseline to keep it moist? Which one? Im scared of it clogging pores and causing a breakout?

I bought the cupping already, and I have retinol cream. What other products including serums or whatnot should I have?

MemberMember
(@californiakid)

Posted : 11/17/2019 5:37 pm

I usually just use my normal daily moisturizer to keep the skin moist and grab a facial sunblock once you feel more comfortable to go outside. Is he doing TCA on you? He usually does phenol nowadays.

MemberMember
(@dodgerguy)

Posted : 11/17/2019 6:48 pm

It's very important for CROSS to maintain the scabs as long as possible. Vaseline and aquaphor could potentially rip off the scabs too soon even though some recommend it. I use a daily moisturizer that has vitamin E in it (cetaphil), but you can go for any light weight moisturizer. Avoid splashing water directly at your face in the shower. I'd also avoid sunscreen for a week while your face is healing. Once scabs are off and face is red, you can use creams with niacinamide or hydroquinone for the redness. Save the cupping for after scabs are off in 6-7 days.

MemberMember
(@swen)

Posted : 11/17/2019 7:25 pm

1 hour ago, californiakid said:

I usually just use my normal daily moisturizer to keep the skin moist and grab a facial sunblock once you feel more comfortable to go outside. Is he doing TCA on you? He usually does phenol nowadays. 

Yeah he just said CROSS. They recommended phenol peel but I don™t have 2 weeks downtime :/

thanks for the response!

36 minutes ago, dodgerguy said:

It's very important for CROSS to maintain the scabs as long as possible. Vaseline and aquaphor could potentially rip off the scabs too soon even though some recommend it. I use a daily moisturizer that has vitamin E in it (cetaphil), but you can go for any light weight moisturizer. Avoid splashing water directly at your face in the shower. I'd also avoid sunscreen for a week while your face is healing. Once scabs are off and face is red, you can use creams with niacinamide or hydroquinone for the redness. Save the cupping for after scabs are off in 6-7 days.

I have cetaphil! Good to know :) it also has spf in it, is that okay? Oh man, I only have 4 days off work. Will that be enough, is it okay if I wear dermablend? If not, do you think I™d get a lot of weird looks? Lol

MemberMember
(@acnescars2000)

Posted : 11/17/2019 7:43 pm

let us know how it goes :) 

swen liked
(@Anonymous)

Posted : 11/18/2019 12:46 am

5 hours ago, swen said:

Yeah he just said CROSS. They recommended phenol peel but I don™t have 2 weeks downtime :/

thanks for the response!

I have cetaphil! Good to know :) it also has spf in it, is that okay? Oh man, I only have 4 days off work. Will that be enough, is it okay if I wear dermablend? If not, do you think I™d get a lot of weird looks? Lol

Hmm 4 days can be tricky. The most scabs will pretty much still be there. You do want to keep the scabs for as long as possible. I remember one time I had to write a test 4 days after procedure - I did feel uncomfortable but I just kept focusing on the results. Dermablend is ok, imo. Wear a scarf when outside to protect the skin against the cold and cover it up a bit. 

Good luck and success with the treatment. :)

MemberMember
(@superburrito)

Posted : 11/18/2019 1:40 am

Ive had CROSS with Dr Rullan afew times and just used Aquaphor to keep it moist, though it does make the scabs fall off more easily so Im considering not using Aquaphor when I go in again to see him for CROSS on Wednesday.

Dont try usingmakeup to cover the scabs up, Ive tried it a few times and it just ends up looking worse. I could not get it to look natural.

After the scabs do fall off the new skin will be pink, even on tan skin like mine. So thats easier to cover up with tinted moisturizer.

By the way, @swen, Dr Rullan only uses Phenol for CROSS, and does not use TCA.

swen liked
MemberMember
(@dodgerguy)

Posted : 11/18/2019 3:36 pm

The first time I did TCA CROSS I used aquaphor and some scabs came off within 3 days, and it was hard to clean the area with this stuff on whithout loosening scabs. Also, I showered but wasn't extra careful and water splashed a little on my face and scabs came off! My last treatment of TCA CROSS and when I started going to Dr. Rullan and getting phenol CROSS, I changed by avoiding water on my face and started using Cetaphil Moisturizer Lotion lightly on scabs.

I just had a session with Rullan 3 weeks ago and had CROSS + microneedling. I still have hyperpigmentation lol, but I'm happy to say that none of the scabs fell off too early. I was able to keep some on up to day 10 post-treatment. 

I would keep away from dermablend, makeup, and suncreen for at least a 1-2 weeks. Don't believe the chemicals and zinc oxide are good for a skin that is in the early stages of healing. Unless you have crazy recovery time, doing both CROSS + microneedling will show for weeks. I have ethnic skin tho, so if you're caucasion you will be able to recover a lot quicker. If you're worried about recovery time and how you'll look, consider doing one treatment at a time. Multiple treatments = longer recovery. People will look at you, but speaking for myself it didn't matter because everyone thinks I'm awesome hahaha. ;) 

swen liked
MemberMember
(@superburrito)

Posted : 11/18/2019 11:07 pm

7 hours ago, dodgerguy said:

People will look at you, but speaking for myself it didn't matter because everyone thinks I'm awesome hahaha

@dodgerguy, truly loving your self-esteem here!

Dodgerguy liked
MemberMember
(@swen)

Posted : 11/19/2019 10:19 pm

On 11/18/2019 at 12:36 PM, dodgerguy said:

The first time I did TCA CROSS I used aquaphor and some scabs came off within 3 days, and it was hard to clean the area with this stuff on whithout loosening scabs. Also, I showered but wasn't extra careful and water splashed a little on my face and scabs came off! My last treatment of TCA CROSS and when I started going to Dr. Rullan and getting phenol CROSS, I changed by avoiding water on my face and started using Cetaphil Moisturizer Lotion lightly on scabs.

I just had a session with Rullan 3 weeks ago and had CROSS + microneedling. I still have hyperpigmentation lol, but I'm happy to say that none of the scabs fell off too early. I was able to keep some on up to day 10 post-treatment. 

I would keep away from dermablend, makeup, and suncreen for at least a 1-2 weeks. Don't believe the chemicals and zinc oxide are good for a skin that is in the early stages of healing. Unless you have crazy recovery time, doing both CROSS + microneedling will show for weeks. I have ethnic skin tho, so if you're caucasion you will be able to recover a lot quicker. If you're worried about recovery time and how you'll look, consider doing one treatment at a time. Multiple treatments = longer recovery. People will look at you, but speaking for myself it didn't matter because everyone thinks I'm awesome hahaha. ;) 

Hey there,

Thanks for the reply! Glad to hear you had the treatment with him too, hope your results are favorable.

I am actually doing carbolic CROSS + subcision, no microneedling. Can I still use dermablend starting 4 days after? It sucks because I have to go back to work on day 5. Hopefully I won't scare the children at work away.

Also, my cetaphil moisturizer has 30 SPF in it. Is it still okay to use while healing?

I am Asian as well, so I guess longer healing time for me. 

Dodgerguy liked
MemberMember
(@superburrito)

Posted : 11/20/2019 2:22 am

@swen youll most likely still have scabs on day 5, though some may have fallen off by then. For me, trying any makeup made the scabs look much worst,noticeable, and crusty but I did not try Dermablend, so maybe itll look okay. Please report on how it works for you!

MemberMember
(@dodgerguy)

Posted : 11/20/2019 2:28 am

4 hours ago, swen said:

Hey there,

Thanks for the reply! Glad to hear you had the treatment with him too, hope your results are favorable.

I am actually doing carbolic CROSS + subcision, no microneedling. Can I still use dermablend starting 4 days after? It sucks because I have to go back to work on day 5. Hopefully I won't scare the children at work away.

Also, my cetaphil moisturizer has 30 SPF in it. Is it still okay to use while healing?

I am Asian as well, so I guess longer healing time for me.

No problemo! Yeah, I was doing strictly CROSS + subcision and did those 3 times. I did subcision in August and there was virtually no tethering so decided no subcision in October and got microneedling for the first time with Rullan with CROSS. A lot more redness and hyperpigmintation and it's been 3 weeks. If it's still looking the same in 2 weeks I may go do vbeam, but things look like they're improving with the redness.

I would hold off on dermablend for at least 1-2 weeks. Try to use moisturizer without any suncreen in it the first week. The first time I did TCA CROSS I was beyond embarrassed, but no one cared it seemed like lol. So the two other TCA CROSS and now 3 phenol CROSS have been a piece of cake. My main goal is to avoid the sun as much as possible the first month.

MemberMember
(@swen)

Posted : 11/20/2019 11:56 pm

21 hours ago, dodgerguy said:

No problemo! Yeah, I was doing strictly CROSS + subcision and did those 3 times. I did subcision in August and there was virtually no tethering so decided no subcision in October and got microneedling for the first time with Rullan with CROSS. A lot more redness and hyperpigmintation and it's been 3 weeks. If it's still looking the same in 2 weeks I may go do vbeam, but things look like they're improving with the redness. 

I would hold off on dermablend for at least 1-2 weeks. Try to use moisturizer without any suncreen in it the first week. The first time I did TCA CROSS I was beyond embarrassed, but no one cared it seemed like lol. So the two other TCA CROSS and now 3 phenol CROSS have been a piece of cake. My main goal is to avoid the sun as much as possible the first month. 

Oh wow, sorry to hear you didn't see much improvement the first time with subcision. Hopefully you'll see results soon. Thanks for sharing your experience! I will keep that in mind. Glad to hear nobody cares :P

21 hours ago, superburrito said:

@swen you™ll most likely still have scabs on day 5, though some may have fallen off by then. For me, trying any makeup made the scabs look much worst, noticeable, and crusty but I did not try Dermablend, so maybe it™ll look okay. Please report on how it works for you!

Thanks for the advice!