Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NuageBlanche

What happened to this forum?

What happened to this forum? I remember a few years back this was a very active forum with lots of new threads, comments, veteran members giving advice, etc.

Now there's hardly a new thread for days, no comments, no sharing of advice. Have people given up on treating their scars or have the most moved to another forum? Just wondering...

21 hours ago, NuageBlanche said:

What happened to this forum? I remember a few years back this was a very active forum with lots of new threads, comments, veteran members giving advice, etc.

Now there's hardly a new thread for days, no comments, no sharing of advice. Have people given up on treating their scars or have the most moved to another forum? Just wondering...

a lot of people are PMing BA so no need to start new thread.

1 hour ago, joeysk said:

not good for people here....coz on threads everybody watches pics gets ideas about treatment about scars..

Exactly. You get ideas what works, see results, good or bad.. it was a lot more active and supportive community 2-3 years ago.

Edited by NuageBlanche

6 hours ago, joeysk said:

Is BA a doctor or who is he? I read a lot of his comments and he strikes me as very experienced and knowledgable. I have to write to him too.

BA became the go to member, for good reason. Cuts down on the amount of scar journey journals but pming BA will usually get you most of the personalized info you need. 

11 hours ago, Kay24 said:

BA became the go to member, for good reason. Cuts down on the amount of scar journey journals but pming BA will usually get you most of the personalized info you need. 

Thank you. That is what I am going to do. I was writing to the forum because I think there should be some other acne scar experts here as well.

12 hours ago, Kay24 said:

There's plenty of good treatment logs started by members already anyways see the FAQ. Also posting pics publicly can be a privacy issue for some members and I understand why they do PM instead of new thread.

@joeysk it's a public forum with thousands of members and even more guests. We benefit from exchanging experience, good or bad, exchanging treatment plans in details, photos. That's why I log in, at least. We don't get anything from all discussions about scar treatments and success or failure being held "behind closed doors". As far as the privacy issues go, we are all anons here. 

First you come and read and learn and write in hope to get an advice. Then you get it(BA), start to do procedures(or already been in the process), understood that not much brings success and then just stop posting, still reading the new posts in hope to see positive outcomes...then.just getting tired from all that.. read from time to time hoping for smth new in treatment.. 

1 hour ago, Sibel said:

First you come and read and learn and write in hope to get an advice. Then you get it(BA), start to do procedures(or already been in the process), understood that not much brings success and then just stop posting, still reading the new posts in hope to see positive outcomes...then.just getting tired from all that.. read from time to time hoping for smth new in treatment.. 

I can totally relate to this. 

Just thought that having more personal journey threads was better a few years ago. On your journey on the public feed I read that fat transfer, a treatment I had high hopes to give me improvement, isn't worth the money and the effort bc it's just temporary. It saved me time and money, and false hopes.

Unfortunately this will probably be the way the forum eventually dies if the trend continues.  Now everything is opaque and successes and failures are all hidden away from public view.  New members will have no clue who to avoid, what procedures are promising, and there will be less information to make informed decisions.   Luckily there are amazing threads that were created before this new policy.  Everyone just gets less motivation to post and the only posts we do see are people with  minor to zero issues posting asking if their non-existent scars can be fixed.  

@dazzedI thought so that there might be some new policy. The more I was reading existing threads the more I noticed many people who are actually giving sound advice putting disclaimers under their posts, deleting existing post, etc. Thought to myself that maybe they had some problems.

It's really a pity for all of us scar sufferers. Especially for the new members bc they won't have information and can fall prey to greedy dermatologists pushing lasers or other expensive and totally ineffective treatments( sadly there are such doctors!).

A terrible trend!

Theirs already enough logs for acne just look at FAQ's especially f93d's thread that is the gold standard for this forum.