Notifications
Clear all

Benzoyl peroxide burn!

MemberMember
(@bellasmith11)

Posted : 10/28/2019 10:36 pm

Please can someone give me some advice!!

I dabbedthe acnecide gel to my spots (forehead, t zone and chin) and left overnight, woke up today with burn marks in the places I applied the gelwhich were allvery red, sore and tight! I immediately washed my face with cold water and removed the gel then finished with the simple moisturiser. Couple hours later and my skin is still really sore and almost blister like? Ive put some aloe vera on now and hoping for the best overnight but my whole face is tight, itsso painful and uncomfortable im struggiling to sleep 🙁 i see such amazing reviews for this gel i was so excited and now ive completely burnt my skin using it! Has anyone else experienced this or have any recommendations? 🙁

MemberMember
(@bryan-trejos)

Posted : 11/18/2019 8:09 pm

No lo vuelvas a usas, las molestias despareceran en maximo 7 dias, nunca vuelvas a usar peroxido de benzoilo ya que eres alergico, tranquilo que se te pasara rapido, solo no te rasques.

MemberMember
(@bellasmith11)

Posted : 11/23/2019 5:58 pm

On 11/19/2019 at 1:09 AM, Bryan Trejos said:

No lo vuelvas a usas, las molestias despareceran en maximo 7 dias, nunca vuelvas a usar peroxido de benzoilo ya que eres alergico, tranquilo que se te pasara rapido, solo no te rasques.

Yeah eventually went hospital and found out I suffered a severe allergic reaction! All cleared up now tho thank you.

MemberMember
(@margae)

Posted : 12/13/2019 1:17 am

try using rosewater

MemberMember
(@anam88)

Posted : 01/22/2020 12:07 pm

On 11/23/2019 at 10:58 PM, Bellasmith11 said:

Yeah eventually went hospital and found out I suffered a severe allergic reaction! All cleared up now tho thank you.

What did they give you to help it? So was it just antihistamines?

To Author: did you eventually have any results with your acne?

MemberMember
(@bellasmith11)

Posted : 02/03/2020 11:18 am

On 1/22/2020 at 5:07 PM, AnaM88 said:

What did they give you to help it? So was it just antihistamines? 

To Author: did you eventually have any results with your acne?

No they gave me steroids and steroid cream! Thats how bad it was :( 

& No turns out my skin was clear for about 2 days after the reaction cleared and then my acne came back!! Been doctors several times since then and all they™ve given me is creams and one gave me the same reaction when i patch tested it on my arm so i finally figured out im allergic to benzoyl peroxide! :o 

MemberMember
(@anam88)

Posted : 02/04/2020 5:47 am

On 2/3/2020 at 8:18 AM, Bellasmith11 said:

No they gave me steroids and steroid cream! Thats how bad it was :( 

& No turns out my skin was clear for about 2 days after the reaction cleared and then my acne came back!! Been doctors several times since then and all they™ve given me is creams and one gave me the same reaction when i patch tested it on my arm so i finally figured out im allergic to benzoyl peroxide! :o 

OMG, this is crazy :( At least you know now! Wonder how many strugglers out there don't know they are allergic to the very thing they are trying to solve their problems with!

MemberMember
(@bellasmith11)

Posted : 02/28/2020 1:28 am

On 2/4/2020 at 10:47 AM, AnaM88 said:

OMG, this is crazy :( At least you know now! Wonder how many strugglers out there don't know they are allergic to the very thing they are trying to solve their problems with!

My exact thoughts!! The acnecide cream is so strong for facial skin too  hopefully people are more careful and patch test unlike i did! 

AnaM88 liked
MemberMember
(@milkysweet)

Posted : 03/11/2020 10:11 am

Your skin might be sensitive or you're allergic. Scary! I think that's why they tell us to try it on the other less sensitive areas like the elbow first as this may happen.

MemberMember
(@bryan-trejos)

Posted : 03/31/2020 11:06 pm

En mi casa por ejemplo me volvi alergico al peroxido de benzoilo despues de unos 4 meses, dos anos despues de eso intente usarlo, me atreveria a decir que puse 0.1 gramos de peroxido de benzoilo en mi rostro, y estuve 7 dias con la cara, roja con picazon y con eccema :v