Notifications
Clear all

My face is super dark.

MemberMember
(@jamaicangirl)

Posted : 10/24/2019 11:36 pm

Hi guys. I have been on the regimen for about a month and a half now. I started September 11th. I am glad to report that my acne for the most part is gone and the major black spots are going awaybuuutmy face and neck (I made the mistake of putting it on my neck) are about 4 shades darker than my chest and body. I have resorted to wearing shirts that come up to my neck but the difference is still so visible. Everyone keeps commenting on it. I have the AHA cream that I mix with the moisturizer and started using it last night. Is there any suggestion on what I should do?

I never go out into the sun without an umbrella even before starting acne.org. I do one pump of the AHA and one pump of moisturizer nightly. Is it too much or will it work? It tingles for a few minutes then stops. I do need your help. Thanks

MemberMember
(@emilyemilyemily)

Posted : 11/09/2019 1:28 am

Remove old pigmented skin by laser or chempeel [removed hyperlink] monthly. Clean your targeted skin area by cotton everyday. Wear clothes that make you appear lighter. Makeup helps a lot. Sunblocker must be applied during the day (skinceuticals SPF50). You should apply hydroquinone cream(lower percentage is recommended for sensitive skin). Retin-A cream should be applied one time weekly to remove mild pigmented skin. Fillers help to remove and hide darker patches. Glutathione Injectionfights free radicals(has to be prescribed). Exercise daily help you to refreshyour skin. Healthy food is recommended. Be more energetic and drink enough water. You may need to do most of the above to see some lightening as it is not easy.AHA cream is a great option & you should be applied at night. If your skin is sensitive, you should apply it every other day or three times a week. Unfortunately, It is hard to see major change with only one option. You may see but it will takes months. Note that sunrays are casing skin pigmentation so you may use an umbrella but the rays are targeting your skin partially. Good luck.

MemberMember
(@suavedory)

Posted : 11/17/2019 5:24 pm

Hello Dear! 

Your post never mentioned if you wear a sunblock/sunscreen? SUNBLOCK IS A MUST in general but particularly on The Regimen. I also experienced a temporary darkening on the face when using the BP. DO NOT APPLY HYDROQUINONE while on BP, it will (stain) darken your skin even MORE. For some of us, BP is so drying and the moisturizer provided is not moisturizing enough. With that being said, the darkening could be due to dryness (skin tends to look mottled and dark when irritated and dry). So you may want to boost the skin hydration with a heavier (non-clogging) cream at night. And DO NOT WORRY your BP will still work under it. In fact, hydrated skin absorbs products better. You want to go slow and steady before venturing and mixing with other products. For now get the acne under control with the Regimen and added moisture. 

Best Wished ;)

MemberMember
(@peninnah-thuku)

Posted : 04/08/2020 5:31 pm

On 10/25/2019 at 7:36 AM, JamaicanGirl said:

Hi guys. I have been on the regimen for about a month and a half now. I started September 11th. I am glad to report that my acne for the most part is gone and the major black spots are going awaybuuutmy face and neck (I made the mistake of putting it on my neck) are about 4 shades darker than my chest and body. I have resorted to wearing shirts that come up to my neck but the difference is still so visible. Everyone keeps commenting on it. I have the AHA cream that I mix with the moisturizer and started using it last night. Is there any suggestion on what I should do?

I never go out into the sun without an umbrella even before starting acne.org. I do one pump of the AHA and one pump of moisturizer nightly. Is it too much or will it work? It tingles for a few minutes then stops. I do need your help. Thanks

Has your neck improved? I'm going through the same thing

Member Admin
(@dan)

Posted : 04/09/2020 12:13 pm

@Peninnah Thukucheck out my response to you here:

MemberMember
(@jamaicangirl)

Posted : 04/10/2020 8:48 am

On 4/9/2020 at 7:31 AM, Peninnah Thuku said:

Has your neck improved? I'm going through the same thing

Hi Peninnah Thuku.

Wow! Where does one begin?

I started the regiment on September 15th. I was using the face wash, BP cream and AHA cream as instructed. After a month my skin was soooo dark. I mean daaaark.

I had bought the Acne.org AHA cream and started using it after a month,but it did not work to lighten my skin by the end of my second month. It actually just burnedmy skin more. So I told myself that I had to find something else that worked, was mild and that would get me to my goals.

So, I kept using the BP cream and after extensive research and a leap of faithI changedup my regiment. My face was super dark. So noticeably dark I needed to do something while still remaining gentle with my skin.

I went to Iherb and I acquired a (Petal Fresh, Botanicals, Acne Facial Wash, Pore Clearing, Chamomile + Oatmeal). It is a mild face wash and the oatmeal is effective in gently lightening the skin. I had used it before and knew it was mild. So mild that even if it gets into the eyes it never burned. I continued usinggentle techniques towashmyface. I trusted purchasing it on IHerb too because they are known for selling natural products.

In addition to my face wash, I added a milder AHA cream called (Derma E, Overnight Peel, Exfoliant Facial) also from IHerb. Compared to the Acne.org cream, when I put this on my face, it did not sting as much but it was more effective. I put it on every other night (They recommend twice a week but I was desperate). When I apply it I do not apply the BP cream and I only use it in the night, before bed. So for example,Monday morning and night I will use both the BP and moisturizer in the morning and nightbut Tuesday it is the BP and moisturizer in the morning but the AHA creamand moisturizer in the night and I do that continuously.

I also used the oil-free moisturizer from Neutrogena (Neutrogena, Oil-Free Moisture, Ultra Gentle Facial Moisturizer, For Sensitive Skin)-Iherb, instead of Acne.org's. I added the (Neutrogena, Age Shield Face, Oil Free Sunscreen, SPF 110)-Iherbwhich I use in the day.

All of these products are anti-comedogenic so they do not clog pores which can cause break-outs. This was all part of the research that went into my acquiring these products too. So below is a basic breakdown of my routine.

Morning

Wash with the Oatmeal wash

Allow to air dry. Apply BP cream.

Allow to dry. Apply moisturizer.

Allow to dry. Apply sunscreen(NEVER LEAVE THE HOUSE WITHOUT SUNSCREEN, EVER. ).

Before Bed/ Night One- Do the same without the sunscreen.

Day 2 Morning

Repeat the morning routine

Before Bed Night Two:

Wash with the Oatmeal wash

Allow to air dry. ApplyDerma E, Overnight Peel, Exfoliant Facial

Allow to dry. Apply moisturizer.

Apply Jojoba Oil.

Keep alternating this routine.

The moment when I knew it was working was when everyone was complimenting me on how much my skin has been glowing. I am coming from a place where every few centimeters on my face, there was a spot or pimple. I was so frustrated and was going to give up on Acne.org. I have cried about it a lot but I had to find a way to make the product work for me. I tweaked a few things here and there to make it work.

Now, I continue to use the BP cream but my face wash, moisturizer, AHA peel, sunscreen and jojoba oil were necessary for me to get the results I was hoping for and that I now have.

Be patient and remain disciplined with your regiment. That is key. Moisturize. Drink a lot of water. Give it time. It took me five to six months for my skin to clear upand for my complexion to come back. My neck is still a little dark but it is nowhere where it used to be. I keep using the AHA cream and it is coming back slowly but surely.

You can do this.

Good luck. I think it works different for people with darker pigment so just do your research and make it work for you.

Bye bye.